Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS BARKING MAD !

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:57 am

I hate this time of year, its when the world goes crazy
31st October we all dress our kids up as devils and vampires and march them around the streets demanding gifts from total strangers and if they dont give them anything they throw eggs flower all over the house. WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT ???
then five days later the whole country celebrates the greatest act of terrorism committed in this country with a token re-enactment.
No wonder the world thinks the British are mad!!! :bluescarf: :old:

Re: ITS BARKING MAD !

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 am

Whistler wrote:I hate this time of year, its when the world goes crazy
31st October we all dress our kids up as devils and vampires and march them around the streets demanding gifts from total strangers and if they dont give them anything they throw eggs flower all over the house. WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT ???
then five days later the whole country celebrates the greatest act of terrorism committed in this country with a token re-enactment.

Am getting to be a grumpy old man !!

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:15 am

Whistler wrote:

Am getting to be a grumpy old man !!

I think Guy Fawkes was on to something :laughing6:

Just be grateful that Halloween isn’t celebrated the same way as Americans do it :thumbup:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am

Feckin hate Halloween,When I was young it was just something the americans did.Wish it had stayed like that. :evil: :lol:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 am

Be quite clear . The first thing you mentioned is a festival of evil which we should not participate in or, actually, tolerate.
On the other hand, Bonfire night always has been my favourite occasion. Nothing like a bit of irresponsible handling of fireworks to have fun and enrage sanctimonious nag bags !

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm

the celebration is for the terrorism being thwarted.......and that the terrorists had been hung and quartered...

personally id like to see this revived....

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 am

I thought it was originally a pagan ritual for when the long days turn to long nights and not an actual American holiday but don't let that stop you.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:08 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Be quite clear . The first thing you mentioned is a festival of evil which we should not participate in or, actually, tolerate.
On the other hand, Bonfire night always has been my favourite occasion. Nothing like a bit of irresponsible handling of fireworks to have fun and enrage sanctimonious nag bags !

Absolutely agree. Celebrating the devil's birthday .

No wonder we live in evil times