Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' They are nothing but Scum in my eyes '

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Shocking moment Celtic fans chant 'Shove your f****** poppy up your a***' just days before Britain marks the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI

'Many Celtic players fought and died in both world wars. If they knew there (sic) history they would know the facts. Shame on the club for allowing this every year.'

Daily Mail

Thursday 01st November 2018

Shocking footage shows a group of Celtic fans singing 'shove yer f****** poppy up your a***' just days before the nation marks the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War.

The clip was taken at last night's Scottish Premiership match between Dundee and Celtic in Dundee.

The video was later posted on Twitter with the caption 'shove yer poppy.'

Her post has been widely criticised with those commenting that the incident was 'vile'.

Video footage has caught Celtic fans singing 'You can shove your f****** poppy up your a***' at a match against Dundee

It was shared on Twitter by a user who simply wrote 'shove yer poppy' and the video has been viewed 45,000 times, causing many on social media to call them 'vile'

The short clip, which was taken in the away stand at Dens Park starts off with loud clapping being heard.

Then quite clearly the group of fans chant: 'You can shove your f****** poppy, shove your f****** poppy, shove your f****** poppy up your a***.'

The video has been viewed more than 45,000 times and also been shared across social media.

On Twitter, Neil Knox said: 'Vile scum.'

@WallyBlueEyes said: 'I feel for the decent Celtic supporters, I really do, I have plenty of friends who would despair at this.

'Celtic Football Club need to call them out. This is beyond the pale, it really is lowest of the low.'

@ade_newman said: 'Vile. Shame they don't know history of Irish troops fighting in WW1.'

@TheLewisMcinnes commented: 'Quite vile. I understand if they don't want to wear one, but this is nasty.'

Shaun Davis said: 'As a long life Celtic fan I find this behaviour embarrassing. I wear my poppy with pride.

'Many Celtic players fought and died in both world wars. If they knew there (sic) history they would know the facts. Shame on the club for allowing this every year.'

Video
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ppy-a.html :evil: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' They are nothing but Scum in my eyes '

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Can’t stand that club, and never have.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Can’t stand that club, and never have.

Same here

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Can’t stand that club, and never have.

They are and always have been a social cancer.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Don't know why anyone's surprised. There are some specimens in Glasgow you know.
It's not really the club though. Both clubs have worked very hard and actually quite successfully to reduce this sort of stuff and the whole sectarian thing.
It's much better than it used to be and you're not ever going to stop the nutters. I expect the club will life ban them if they're identified .

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Celtic, Wrangers , Hibs, Hearts etc.... all total scum. Merge them all and make them play in the Fekin Falkland Islands

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm

Post script to that - some of these Glaswegian nutters from both sides turn out to be the nicest most generous hearted people you'll ever meet in times of trouble so don't judge them too harshly .

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:48 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Post script to that - some of these Glaswegian nutters from both sides turn out to be the nicest most generous hearted people you'll ever meet in times of trouble so don't judge them too harshly .

All scum :thumbup:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Don't know why anyone's surprised. There are some specimens in Glasgow you know.
It's not really the club though. Both clubs have worked very hard and actually quite successfully to reduce this sort of stuff and the whole sectarian thing.
It's much better than it used to be and you're not ever going to stop the nutters. I expect the club will life ban them if they're identified .

the thread is about Celtic.....not the rivalry with Rangers.
maybe as a club they have worked hard but really don't see much in the way of success...this is now an annual event in early November and no doubt as the season rolls on there will be more tasteless crap from them as there has been year in year out...

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Don't know why anyone's surprised. There are some specimens in Glasgow you know.

maybe as a club they have worked hard but really don't see much in the way of success...this is now an annual event in early November and no doubt as the season rolls on there will be more tasteless crap from them as there has been year in year out...

Singing pro German songs during WW2, chanting Argentina during the Falkland War, celebrating Lee Rigby’s death and Desecrating every Remembrance Day. They are fekk all to do with Rangers, we just have to share a city with them.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 pm

dogfound wrote:

You can't really separate the issues in fact. It's all sectarianism and they're probably doing it to enrage Rangers as much as anything else.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Singing pro German songs during WW2, chanting Argentina during the Falkland War, celebrating Lee Rigby’s death and Desecrating every Remembrance Day. They are fekk all to do with Rangers, we just have to share a city with them.

No, you're quite right Jock. No one is justifying any of that and I'm certainly not. I'm just saying that it's not as bad as it used to be and that although it's a long way from being fixed people are working at it and I know that there are people on both sides who disapprove of it.

I'm under no illusion though as to what scum some of them are because I've seen it - and I wouldn't be soft on them either, but I'm just doing as I would always do and discourage escalation.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 am

"social cancer" true true.........annis!!!! it happened a few years ago also in the intercontinental cup @ the emerites when city played arsenal...a few celtic scum got in teams played and they held up banners "BLOOD ON their HANDS" and shit like that. FFS why these terrorist hatred scum are still allowed on public transport is beyond me to get to sporting events!!!!! f**k em...What goes around comes around...SCUM fenian SCUM.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:32 am

The poppy doesn't solely symbolise the first world war. It commemorates all British service men and women who have died in all conflicts, including those in Ireland.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:45 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Post script to that - some of these Glaswegian nutters from both sides turn out to be the nicest most generous hearted people you'll ever meet in times of trouble so don't judge them too harshly .

Maybe 'some' Glaswegian's are nice people but we are talking about those Celtic fans caught on camera singing a very offensive song.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:48 am

CF3BLUE wrote:The poppy doesn't solely symbolise the first world war. It commemorates all British service men and women who have died in all conflicts, including those in Ireland.

TBH I think most people are aware of that. If the Poppies symbol including those who died in N Ireland is justification for the Celtic fans to sing that awful song then that is bang out of order.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:45 am

Not surprising at all, Celtic are a cancer in the football

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

CF3BLUE wrote:The poppy doesn't solely symbolise the first world war. It commemorates all British service men and women who have died in all conflicts, including those in Ireland.

Not just British service men and women, all service men and women and civilians

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:54 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:

It’s a sign of respect and gratitude.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Jock wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

Exactly, only brain dead morons make it a political thing

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Jock wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

Exactly, only brain dead morons make it a political thing

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Hate Wrangers more mind. Very mis guided and confused inbred lot pretending to worship some queen from another country who they have Fek all to do with. Horrible scum of the earth type people only going into their horrible stadium for a warm.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:17 pm

:laughing6: people on here actually don't think the poppy is political. In the UK the poppy has become synonymous with the royal british legion. It might not be political to folks who have had no experience of the UK military, but plenty across the world have, including our Irish neighbours, and don't support the poppy for this reason.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Our Irish friends ??. Loads of Welsh lad are in the army
And a lot of Welsh boys got killed fighting for
Our country in. f**k the the Celtic scum

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 pm

well said annis, these fans constantly spout anti British bile, hate them with a vengeance, the real scum of British football, long may we remember our glorious dead

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Bananas wrote:Hate Wrangers more mind. Very mis guided and confused inbred lot pretending to worship some queen from another country who they have Fek all to do with. Horrible scum of the earth type people only going into their horrible stadium for a warm.

you mate are a complete and utter wanker

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 am

I am a Celtic fan and I can assure you not all Celtic fans feel this is appropriate behaviour.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:31 am

nathansfmachine wrote:I am a Celtic fan and I can assure you not all Celtic fans feel this is appropriate behaviour.

I know Celtic fans who are ex army and this disgusts them. Saying it’s only a tiny minority who chant it, as some claim, is bollox though.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 am

If Celtic hate the British so much, why don’t they f**k off and play in the Irish league, and take Hibs with them.
As opposed to Rangers and Hearts who are always respectful when it comes to Remembrance Sunday. :bluebird:

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:22 am

Scotland and Ireland could be independent within a decade, especially if there's a hard Brexit. I'm Welsh not British and remember the role of the armed forces in Merthyr Rising, Chartist uprising, Llanelli rail strike and so on. Instruments of oppression against our people. That's the nature of them and the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan were equally indefensible, as many of the relatives of armed forces have argued. As to n. Ireland, the paras who murdered innocents at Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday have never been held to account or, indeed, General Kitson, the real criminal. Stop this pretence about 'heroes' and wear a white poppy for all victims of war.