Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOSE MOURINHO ESCAPES FA PUNISHMENT

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 pm

FA ‘stunned’ as Man Utd use Henderson to beat Jose charge

The FA was 'surprised' and 'stunned' after Manchester United managed to help Jose Mourinho escape a charge of using abusive, insulting or improper language on Wednesday.

Mourinho was facing the prospect of a potential touchline ban after the FA charged him with allegedly swearing in his native language after a victory over Newcastle.

A charge against José Mourinho for allegedly using language which was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper has been found not proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today [31/10/18].

The United manager was understandably 'angered' and 'upset' by the charge, as he was the first person the FA have ever attempted to punish for saying naughty words in a foreign language.

But the FA's hopes of imposing either a fine or a ban on Mourinho were scuppered when an independent commission found Mourinho not guilty of the charge against him.

The Times say that the FA was 'surprised' by the ruling, as they have an 'extremely high success rate in disciplinary cases'.

A three-person commission dismissed the charge however, with United having mounted a 'strong defence'.

It is believed that United used the case of Jordan Henderson as an example, the Liverpool midfielder having escaped punishment for swearing during England's 0-0 draw against Croatia last month. That game was played behind-closed-doors, and the lack of supporters in the stadium meant that pretty much everything shouted on the pitch could be heard.

That, of course, included Henderson shouting 'Are you the f***ing ref?' at Croatia manager Zlatko Dalic after being accused of handball. Neither the referee nor UEFA saw fit to punish Henderson, and United used that in their case to defend Mourinho.

Re: JOSE MOURINHO ESCAPES FA PUNISHMENT

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 pm

This seems a sensible result to me, as a 'guilty' decision would open the floodgates in football and would have smacked of a witch hunt against Mourinho himself

I'm not one for unjustified profanity but there's a huge difference between screaming it (crowd or no crowd) and muttering it to yourself (albeit in a foreign language) walking off the field

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:32 pm

Sven wrote:This seems a sensible result to me, as a 'guilty' decision would open the floodgates in football and would have smacked of a witch hunt against Mourinho himself

I'm not one for unjustified profanity but there's a huge difference between screaming it (crowd or no crowd) and muttering it to yourself (albeit in a foreign language) walking off the field

all this lip reading and translators is ridiculous...…

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:40 am

Sven wrote:This seems a sensible result to me, as a 'guilty' decision would open the floodgates in football and would have smacked of a witch hunt against Mourinho himself

Disagree with you there Sven.

Senior figures who are meant to be a pillar of salt for all of us minors should lead by example.