Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Thank you Cardiff "

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 am

Mike The Fox wrote:From a Leicester fan of many years, thank you Cardiff City for your hospitality today.
P.S. Apologies for any ‘knobheads’ who might have spoilt the day :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 am

I think the most notable indicator wass the minute silence was totally respected by Cardiff City fans,you couldn’t hear a pin drop. After that it was game on, but respectfully I think the game was played too soon after the tragic event.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:14 am

I think the most notable indicator wass the minute silence was totally respected by Cardiff City fans,you couldn’t hear a pin drop. After that it was game on, but respectfully I think the game was played too soon after the tragic event.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:47 am

Ratby Fox wrote:I am also a Leicester fan that would like to thank everyone connected with Cardiff City with the respect and dignity shown to us at LCFC.
This if anything was just as difficult a day for Cardiff as it was for us. I am sure that if the tragic event of a week ago had not happened then your club would have been relishing this fixture and been far more upbeat after your win over Fulham than what it was.
Neil Warnock was not the most popular guy in our region because of comments made years ago, but most Leicester fans will be very grateful for how he has dealt with things this week.
I also cringed at the National Anthem sung by our fans, I don't believe there was any place for that on a day when our hosts gave us so much respect.
Whilst I have no connection with Cardiff I will have a place in my heart that hopes that your season can achieve its goal of securing its proudly won premier status.
This as been a very testing week for us in Leicester, many people who don't even like football have been to the ground to pay their respects because of the impact the chairman had on the City.
We will of course need to move on, and I hope that when Cardiff visit Leicester in the return fixture that our fans will prove like yours already have, that whilst football is a fantastic sport, some things are even greater.

With great respect.

Ratby fox.

Us Cardiff fans don't usually receive much of a welcome when we go away so I am really looking forward to going to Leicester and hope that we are treated well in your city. :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks from LCFC wrote:Hi

I'm another Leicester fan, I just felt the need to sign up and thank you all for everything yesterday.

I wasn't at the game but on the radio the minutes silence was impeccably observed, I have read today that the club's coach was applauded by Cardiff fans on arrival and of course the huge banner from the cardiff end passing between the two sets of fans was a touch of class.

We've also had one or two Cardiff fans on our forum extending their condolences since the crash.

Anyway, thank you for the class and respect that Cardiff have shown toward us. I hope that you stay up

I got chatting to a few Leicester fans on one of your forums and my mates and I ended up sharing several beers with them prior to kick off. A truly memorable occasion which typified what being a football fan is all about. :thumbup: