Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worst ref we’ve had all season...

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 pm

...seemed not to want to make any decisive decisions and with the eyes of the world upon him he couldn’t handle it.

Re: Worst ref we’ve had all season...

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Maybe I missed some of the incidents but through he was OK, not great but OK.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

I thought Wez Morgan was as good as can be expected.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Not really one to defend refs, but it was a difficult day for him too.

I felt he was scared to give us anything and was lenient with Leicester, but then he’d have been hung drawn and quartered by the press if he’d done something which led to us spoiling ‘their day’

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Not really one to defend refs, but it was a difficult day for him too.

I felt he was scared to give us anything and was lenient with Leicester, but then he’d have been hung drawn and quartered by the press if he’d done something which led to us spoiling ‘their day’

100% agree with you mate. That’s how I saw it too
His half hearted yellow card for Gray taking his shirt off was understandable I suppose under the circumstances but pretty much sums it all up.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Not really one to defend refs, but it was a difficult day for him too.

His half hearted yellow card for Gray taking his shirt off was understandable I suppose under the circumstances but pretty much sums it all up.

I respected him for that, he had to give the card even if he didn't want to. Reading on Facebook people saying he shouldn't have been booked, I disagee.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I respected him for that, he had to give the card even if he didn't want to. Reading on Facebook people saying he shouldn't have been booked, I disagee.

I disagree too.
What I’m saying is, if he felt awkward about giving that yellow you can’t help feeling that the whole occasion had an effect on him. Personally I think he gave most of the 50/50s to them but interestingly they think the opposite on their forum so he was probably quite fair. :occasion5:

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 pm

I felt a lot of our fans were shouting for free kicks more in hope than anything. I do the same to try and put some pressure on the ref but I didn't think a few of them were actual fouls.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Ffs Santa Clause came nearly 2 months 2 early today. He gave them every 50/50 and he's not able to cope he should never have been in charge. As for his so called assistants they should give their fee to charity :banghead:

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:08 pm

I think he let Leicester get away with a lot of time wasting without making the time up at the end of the game today.

Was frustrating - especially as we didn't have time for our last attack - but realistically it probably wouldn't have made a difference to the result.

He did us the one favour with the hand ball just before half time which I've heard was a definite penalty?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Leicester fans not happy with the ref either. Game of opinions eh?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Well the one blatant bad decision he made actually went to us mamba saved vardys shot with arm why ref or lino didnt see it God only knows. :o

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well the one blatant bad decision he made actually went to us mamba saved vardys shot with arm why ref or lino didnt see it God only knows. :o

Which could have been us with ten men.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Vardy was offside for the handball incident.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Vardy was offside for the handball incident.

When Bamba was on the goal line?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 pm

He appeared to award them a free kick when one of their players tripped over the ball ...

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

But he was the only player goalside of him as he was beyond Etheridge and therefore offside

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 am

welshrarebit wrote:He appeared to award them a free kick when one of their players tripped over the ball ...

Indeed he did - and the linesman on the Ninian side was worse

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:00 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Well you do have to have two players between you and the goal to not be offside So that Bamber was on the line does not matter as there was only one player between him and the goal

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:00 am

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

But he was the only player goalside of him as he was beyond Etheridge and therefore offside

:thumbup:

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:23 am

Felt he referee'd the occasion not the game, lenient on yellow cards for Leicester, number of times they were in his face on mass, and no cards issued

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:15 am

shadwell wrote:Felt he referee'd the occasion not the game, lenient on yellow cards for Leicester, number of times they were in his face on mass, and no cards issued

Agree

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 am

I just looked at the Vardy incident on GOS and he’s definitely offside as Etheridge has moved forward and Bamba is the last player. When I left the stadium, I wasn’t thinking about the referee, so I don’t think he was that bad.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:26 am

Chris Kamara said that NW rang him to highlight the offside and they agreed he was definitely offside. That’s the type of decision the linesman, looking across the pitch, should pick up. People will say, it didn’t make any difference to the result but it would have been a free kick to us and not a corner, and the pattern of the game may have changed.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:30 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

:thumbup:

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. I saw it immediately from the back off the Canton stand so how the linesman missed it when he was in line I don't know. Worse still the commentator had the benefit of a replay and still insisted Bamba should have been sent off. And Linekar with his Leicester tinted glasses on had five hours to look at it and made some comment about it at the end of the programme that implied it was a penalty.