Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Besides the free red scarf have we had ever had

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Anything free like cup of coffee or breafast roll off our club.

Re: Besides the free red scarf have we had ever had

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Fu.... all sping to mind

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:08 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Anything free like cup of coffee or breafast roll off our club.

That was ridiculously OTT today imho.
Yes, we feel their loss but they’re not destitute ffs!!

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:09 pm

The club always likes to treat everybody especially away supporters better than their own supporters and have a cupboard full of awards to prove it.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:56 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Anything free like cup of coffee or breafast roll off our club.

Quite right, not even buying adequate players. That would be a start. No wonder Leicester fans are mourning, they lost a decent one there

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:08 pm

ive never wanted anything......or understood those that want rewards for being fans tbh..

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:20 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

What so your saying Leicester shouldn’t be able to give there own traveling fans a free breakfast?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

What so your saying Leicester shouldn’t be able to give there own traveling fans a free breakfast?

I’m on about our caterers giving free food / hot drinks to the Leicester fans. Was mentioned on ‘Call Rob’ on Radio Wales. Personally I think that’s OTT.
What LCFC do is entirely their business

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Don't you feel like your support is ever taken for granted a wee bit.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm

You can tell the longstanding fans,they are the ones not grizzling and bitching because they were supporting the club when we really did have fuckall. :lol:

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:33 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Don't you feel like your support is ever taken for granted a wee bit.

the first time I gave it any thought at all was the first time I read a similar post online..
the thought was...gobsmacked
I always thought we buy tickets , programmes, stuff in the shop etc to support the club and the more of us that do this the stronger the club is...over the years ive been far more likely to moan that the club isn't doing enough in the selling us stuff department { and therefore missing out } than wishing they would give me a cup of tea...

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:39 am

dogfound wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:Don't you feel like your support is ever taken for granted a wee bit.

the first time I gave it any thought at all was the first time I read a similar post online..
I always thought we buy tickets , programmes, stuff in the shop etc to support the club and the more of us that do this the stronger the club is...over the years ive been far more likely to moan that the club isn't doing enough in the selling us stuff department { and therefore missing out } than wishing they would give me a cup of tea...

But if it’s true that there giving away fans free stuff and not us that’s taking the piss.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Sam sorted out free busses and champagne to Mansfield town for us :occasion5:

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

But if it’s true that there giving away fans free stuff and not us that’s taking the piss.

I think the article said that Leicester give their away fans a free breakfast, not us.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I think the article said that Leicester give their away fans a free breakfast, not us.

On the Rob Phillips phone in he said that LCFC had given all travelling fans a free breakfast and ccfc has also given frehot drinks and food on their arrival at the stadium.
Not reported anywhere but deffo mentioned on the BBC Wales phone in.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yep,At the King Power stadium before they left yesterday

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm

I have always thought the Club/players could do more for the fans but that's just a personal opinion as it is what I would do as quite a generous person. Especialy the further you go up the Leagues and the amount of money that bounces around in Football but I don't 'expect it' and it's obviously not a condition of my support.

Extreme example but they say Ozil is on 350,000k a week. He could have paid for 50 coaches to bring the Arsenal fans to Cardiff for 15% of his weekly wage, imagine they had spread that through the squad they would have all had to chuck in less than 1% probably, not a lot to ask, gives something back to the fans and is a nice gesture.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:14 pm

dogfound wrote:

ive never wanted anything......or understood those that want rewards for being fans tbh..

Exactly how I see it.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 pm

forget the publicity stunts and freebies that cost pennies, all i expect from the owner is the following:

1) keep ticket prices reasonable and don't exploit fans loyalty.
2) don't mess around with our identity.
3) be honest.
4) don't take money out of the club.

sadly the current owner has failed on more than one of those.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm

northernbluebird wrote:forget the publicity stunts and freebies that cost pennies, all i expect from the owner is the following:

3) be honest.

I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him taking some cash back as he’s put enough in.
He’s also kept ticket prices reasonable.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm

northernbluebird wrote:forget the publicity stunts and freebies that cost pennies, all i expect from the owner is the following:

3) be honest.

So go ahead and name them as I can't see beyond point 2

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Xcasual wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Nothing to do with that. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Nothing to do with that. That’s not what I’m talking about.

As far as I’m concerned LCFC can give whatever they want to their fans.
It’s what our club apparently gave them for nothing when they were in our stadium. That’s what I thought was OTT.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:57 pm

3) be honest.

And put his hand in his pocket now and again.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:50 pm

So a free cup of coffee or soft drink is to much to ask for or expect then.

Like I have always us fans are just mugs and our support has always been taken granted for.