January signings

A forum for all things Cardiff City

January signings

Postby footiexmadx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Who would u like us to sign realistically i would fancy Bradley dack, neal maupay, forrestieri, luke ayling
footiexmadx

January signings

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: January signings

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:52 pm

footiexmadx wrote:Who would u like us to sign realistically i would fancy Bradley dack, neal maupay, forrestieri, luke ayling

Arlington & Maupay are realistic enough and I’d be quite pleased with than tbh
bluebirdoct1962

Postby caerblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:17 pm

We need players with premier league exerience,an old head in the middle of the park,who can slow the play down,and is able to pick out a pass,rather than everyone just smashing the ball as far up the field as they can,i know there is no chance but someone like james Milner
caerblue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Connor Roberts
Ethan Ampadu
Ollie Watkins
Neal Maupay.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Connor Roberts
Ethan Ampadu
Ollie Watkins
Neal Maupay.

Roberts is a great shout with the added bonus of pi$$ing the Jacks off :laughing5:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Connor Roberts
Ethan Ampadu
Ollie Watkins
Neal Maupay.

Roberts is a great shout with the added bonus of pi$$ing the Jacks off :laughing5:

That's what I was thinking :lol: he also only has 6 months left on his contract. we all know if we offer 3m-4m the Yanks will bite our hands off :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby davids » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:44 pm

caerblue wrote:We need players with premier league exerience,an old head in the middle of the park,who can slow the play down,and is able to pick out a pass,rather than everyone just smashing the ball as far up the field as they can,i know there is no chance but someone like james Milner

You're right but I don't think it's going to happen.

We'll be looking at lower league players who are cheap and on low wages or if we are going to sign anyone with PL experience it will be on loan like Arter so that if we get relegated they can go back without their wages being a burden on the club as was the case with so many players last time we got relegated.

Ultimately we'll have the same problem signing players in January that we had in the summer - in fact it will be more difficult because potential signings will know that within five months they are almost certain to be playing in the Championship. Our manager also continues to make statements in public suggesting that we don't actually belong in the Premier League :o

Hopefully we have ceased being the sort of club where ageing has beens look to come to top up their pensions for a season or two.
davids

Postby caerblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm

davids wrote:
caerblue wrote:We need players with premier league exerience,an old head in the middle of the park,who can slow the play down,and is able to pick out a pass,rather than everyone just smashing the ball as far up the field as they can,i know there is no chance but someone like james Milner

You're right but I don't think it's going to happen.

We'll be looking at lower league players who are cheap and on low wages or if we are going to sign anyone with PL experience it will be on loan like Arter so that if we get relegated they can go back without their wages being a burden on the club as was the case with so many players last time we got relegated.

Ultimately we'll have the same problem signing players in January that we had in the summer - in fact it will be more difficult because potential signings will know that within five months they are almost certain to be playing in the Championship. Our manager also continues to make statements in public suggesting that we don't actually belong in the Premier League :o

Hopefully we have ceased being the sort of club where ageing has beens look to come to top up their pensions for a season or two.

We need to get established in the premier league,before we can take gambles with lower league players,yes i know theres a list of players who play in the championship who potentially make the step up,but look at cuningham,smithies and Bobby reid,two cant even get in the side and reid to be truthful aint done much so far
caerblue

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Its going have to be a loan. Seeing as we are best buds with Leicester city at the moment how about Shinji Okazaki Jan to the end of the season......He'd fit in with us and knows the league.

Then we are a right back away from having a chance at staying up. Bruno has to move to centre half at the expense of Sol or Morrison. Both left backs are as good as we can expect. We still have the dependable albeit limited Pelts to come back.

Midfield of Camarasa, Gunnars,Arter,Ralls has super surprised me and Paterson can do a job with Jazz if we need (not great i know)

I thought the physicality of NML would scare a few defences and its a shame we lost him so early. He'll be back soon. Murphy looks weak but with a passer in the middle could show a lot more.

Reid like Murphy looks too weak and god knows what happened to junior over the summer....

Leicester are a top 10 team and we were not embarrassed

So the xmas shopping list should be a CF and RB.

We needed Smithies because Etheridge will be gone soon for the Asia cup games.
llan bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pm

We need a right back and a goal poacher

A clever player who makes runs in behind defences.

My pick would be someone like :
Jermaine Defoe
Fernando Forestieri

Maybe having a look at the American league would be worth a shout as they have the off season soon. Some very good strikers are playing there at the moment who may fancy one last shot at the prem for a few months

A few names over in the states:

Obafemi Martins
Clint Dempsey
David Villa
Robbie Keane
Kaka ( we can always dream )
thomasblue

Postby WelshSerb » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Dack, Roberts, Maupay and Morelos from rangers for me
WelshSerb

Postby sotonblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Carlos Vela has been superb for LAFC this season, could be worth a punt.
sotonblue

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:14 am

thomasblue wrote:We need a right back and a goal poacher

A clever player who makes runs in behind defences.

My pick would be someone like :
Jermaine Defoe
Fernando Forestieri

Maybe having a look at the American league would be worth a shout as they have the off season soon. Some very good strikers are playing there at the moment who may fancy one last shot at the prem for a few months

A few names over in the states:

Obafemi Martins
Clint Dempsey
David Villa
Robbie Keane
Kaka ( we can always dream )

We can always dream because 2 of those MLS players you've mentioned have retired (Kaka, Dempsey). 2 are no longer in the MLS, have played in another country since but are now free agents and currently injured (Keane and Martins). Which leaves just David Villa who's 36 and scored 5 in 15 MLS games this season (a bit-part player).
TAP_Sheep

Postby angelis1949 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm

I just don't have the confidence in Warnock and his transfer team to spend whatever Tan decides to give Warnock on quality players that the Bluebirds desperately need
angelis1949

Postby Dahboy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 pm

At least 5 new signings.
Dahboy

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Dahboy wrote:At least 5 new signings.

3 will do, don't be daft
TAP_Sheep

Postby Deano1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 pm

First signings should be Arter/Camarasa on permanent deals if at all possible
Deano1

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 am

Deano1 wrote:First signings should be Arter/Camarasa on permanent deals if at all possible

Would love this to happen,but is unlikely in all honesty,camarasa is here on season long loan,with no option to buy :( ,and his team, who beat barca 4-3 away, will see how he performs over the season, the way he has started,they may well get an offer they can't turn down,but not from us I think :banghead: he will be out of our reach.Arter could be a better bet,but yes ,both please,plus arslan of besiktas (who has lost a bit of form by the way)on loan for rest of season.just my opinion of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby neilst » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 am

neilst

Postby neilst » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 am

neilst

Return to General Chat