Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

30 points enough this time?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 pm

In our last trip to the Premier League, we were bottom and relegated with 30points.

At the moment, with a fraction over a quarter of the season gone, we are only on schedule to only get 19 or 20 this time ( if you multiply our current total by 4).

By using that formula, we are one of 6 teams who won’t make 30 points this season! I know this is a bit simplistic, but we have a chance of staying up because of the other 5 bad teams being so bad!

There’s no point in throwing in the towel yet, no matter how disappointing things are!

Re: 30 points enough this time?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 pm

its 7 teams.....but yes at the moment the gulf between the top 7 and the bottom 7 is bigger than its ever been and if it continues we will see a lower than normal points tally being enough to stay up..

we of course have lost to the top 6...but in the 28 games that have taken place so far between a top 7 team and a bottom 7 team ..25 have resulted in wins for top 7 teams...2 draws....and Burnley beat Bournemouth..

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes, the top 7 to 10 will get so many points this year, the bottom 3 to 6 will more than likely have a record low tally between them. Obviously, we have to make sure we pick up as many as we can, but 30 points may well be enough.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 am

The numbers are skewed. In our first 11 games we've played all of the top 6, now we've only got to play them over the next 27 games so simply taking our points and doing x4 to them isn't a realistic answer. The points for safety will be low this season though

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:59 am

Predicting we only get 19-20 points is a little off I think when you look at the sides we have played. Most have been in the top 10 with a big chunk from the top 6. Given that most of the team are learning their trade in the premier league so to speak and the mostly decent performance's they have put in they will get better results sooner rather than later. I think we will finish with enough points to stay up.