" Stop panicking! "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Stop panicking! "

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 pm

" Stop Panicking "

I am stunned with some of the comments saying Leicester was a game we should have won. Who do we think we are? We are a newly promoted team with the lowest budget by a mile, playing against the 2015-2016 Premiership champions at the worst possible time.

We all knew Leicester would be so up for this game. We all know Leicester at their best would have too much pace, energy and quality for us. We were simply beaten by a better team on the day and that was no surprise to me, Leicester are several levels above us and I would say outside of the top 6, they probably have the next best squad in the league.

Leicester are not a team we should expect to beat. Every player on their bench would get into our starting 11 and then you have players like Okazaki, who wasn't even in their squad. Leicester have also loaned out players like Slimani and Musa this season. These strikers would walk into our team and be a massive upgrade on what we have, that just shows the difference. The difference in quality and depth is frightening.

I'm surprised there are comments saying we played poorly. I thought we started well and we were the better team for the first half hour. Unfortunately, we didn't score when we was on top, this is something we need to learn to do in the Premiership. Leicester then started to take over and we lost our way in the second half. That wasn't because we played poorly or lacked effort, Leicester were just better than us, better players, better in possession and quicker to the ball, especially in midfield.

Ndidi in particular was the first to everything and ran the midfield for them. That wasn't because Gunnarsson, Arter or Reid were off the pace, Ndidi is just a superior player who is sharper with a quicker burst of acceleration to get to loose balls first. There isn't anything we can currently do about that this season.

Yet again, our only threat in open play was Josh Murphy, who put in another good performance. Leicester then took off Demarai Gray and put on Danny Simpson (another Premiership winner who would walk into our team) to counter Murphy's threat and the tactical change worked. That's another example of Leicester having superior options on the bench, they could put Simpson on to stop our only threat and see the game out. With Simpson stopping the tiring Murphy, we then had to resort to set pieces, long throws and hopeful balls into the box, which isn't good enough to score against a team like Leicester.

Brighton next Saturday are a team much closer to our level. It's only their second season in the Premiership, they don't have the pace or quality anywhere near the standard of Leicester, but they have an in form striker in Glenn Murray and they are a very organised, solid team. It will be a totally different test to Leicester and it's a game we can realistically win as long as we score the first goal. The first goal will be crucial as Brighton don't have much pace in their defence. They've conceded 16 goals in their 11 games, so we can score against them. If Brighton go behind and have to come out at us, we can expose their lack of pace at the back and beat them. These are the games which will decide if we stay up.

Vincent Tan has a decision to make. It's obvious we are short of quality up front and I think we need a minimum of another 3 players to improve our team and give us a chance. Warnock needs help and Vincent will need to back Warnock with funds, but I don't think we are a million miles away and I don't think there is any need to panic just yet. It was unfortunate the Newcastle and Huddersfield games were so early in the season, but we beat Fulham and I still don't know how we lost against Burnley. We are short in certain areas, but hopefully those areas will be resolved in the January window to make a difference in the second half of the season.

We would all take a 17th place finish, so let's stop the negativity, stop questioning Warnock and be reasonable. We are in a relegation mini league. Those teams are ourselves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley. If we finish above 3 of those teams, it will be our most successful season for several decades. We are Cardiff City, we have a budget half the size of Huddersfield, we are up against it, but the team will always give their all. Please stop panicking, realise how far we have come under Warnock, realise where we are currently at, be realistic and continue our amazing support.
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

" Stop panicking! "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I am stunned with some of the comments saying Leicester was a game we should have won. Who do we think we are? We are a newly promoted team with the lowest budget by a mile, playing against the 2015-2016 Premiership champions at the worst possible time.

We all knew Leicester would be so up for this game. We all know Leicester at their best would have too much pace, energy and quality for us. We were simply beaten by a better team on the day and that was no surprise to me, Leicester are several levels above us and I would say outside of the top 6, they probably have the next best squad in the league.

Leicester are not a team we should expect to beat. Every player on their bench would get into our starting 11 and then you have players like Okazaki, who wasn't even in their squad. Leicester have also loaned out players like Slimani and Musa this season. These strikers would walk into our team and be a massive upgrade on what we have, that just shows the difference. The difference in quality and depth is frightening.

I'm surprised there are comments saying we played poorly. I thought we started well and we were the better team for the first half hour. Unfortunately, we didn't score when we was on top, this is something we need to learn to do in the Premiership. Leicester then started to take over and we lost our way in the second half. That wasn't because we played poorly or lacked effort, Leicester were just better than us, better players, better in possession and quicker to the ball, especially in midfield.

Ndidi in particular was the first to everything and ran the midfield for them. That wasn't because Gunnarsson, Arter or Reid were off the pace, Ndidi is just a superior player who is sharper with a quicker burst of acceleration to get to loose balls first. There isn't anything we can currently do about that this season.

Yet again, our only threat in open play was Josh Murphy, who put in another good performance. Leicester then took off Demarai Gray and put on Danny Simpson (another Premiership winner who would walk into our team) to counter Murphy's threat and the tactical change worked. That's another example of Leicester having superior options on the bench, they could put Simpson on to stop our only threat and see the game out. With Simpson stopping the tiring Murphy, we then had to resort to set pieces, long throws and hopeful balls into the box, which isn't good enough to score against a team like Leicester.

Brighton next Saturday are a team much closer to our level. It's only their second season in the Premiership, they don't have the pace or quality anywhere near the standard of Leicester, but they have an in form striker in Glenn Murray and they are a very organised, solid team. It will be a totally different test to Leicester and it's a game we can realistically win as long as we score the first goal. The first goal will be crucial as Brighton don't have much pace in their defence. They've conceded 16 goals in their 11 games, so we can score against them. If Brighton go behind and have to come out at us, we can expose their lack of pace at the back and beat them. These are the games which will decide if we stay up.

Vincent Tan has a decision to make. It's obvious we are short of quality up front and I think we need a minimum of another 3 players to improve our team and give us a chance. Warnock needs help and Vincent will need to back Warnock with funds, but I don't think we are a million miles away and I don't think there is any need to panic just yet. It was unfortunate the Newcastle and Huddersfield games were so early in the season, but we beat Fulham and I still don't know how we lost against Burnley. We are short in certain areas, but hopefully those areas will be resolved in the January window to make a difference in the second half of the season.

We would all take a 17th place finish, so let's stop the negativity, stop questioning Warnock and be reasonable. We are in a relegation mini league. Those teams are ourselves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley. If we finish above 3 of those teams, it will be our most successful season for several decades. We are Cardiff City, we have a budget half the size of Huddersfield, we are up against it, but the team will always give their all. Please stop panicking, realise how far we have come under Warnock, realise where we are currently at, be realistic and continue our amazing support.

Best post I've read in an age :clap: :clap: :bluescarf:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:33 am

Well said. Couldn't agree more. Bar the man city game we have played admirably with what we have.
Bambasbestbuddy22
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 am

What we need is more fans like the canton end. Not enough people behind the team. I understand there are a lot of fans there just for the premier league games. Next to where I sit are season ticket holders because I've seen them holding the season ticket card. Only every home game this season there have been different people sat there. Never seen the same people twice. They don't speak good english either as I've tried chatting. They don't even cheer Cardiff when we score etc. I'm in the grandstand near the dugout and am the loudest fan there. Just wish more would join in. The crowd are a huge part and really need everyone behind the team.
Bambasbestbuddy22
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby Pencoed » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:20 am

I think Saturday was 1 of 13 home games we had a chance of getting something from. If we're going to stay up probably need to take about 20 points from these games.

It's gonna be fine margins if Camrasa's free-kick was inch or two lower could of been different
Pencoed
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am

Standard reaction after a loss. Made even worse because we beat Fulham. Leicester are miles ahead of us. They will more than likely finish top 10.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8211
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am

nubbsy wrote:Standard reaction after a loss. Made even worse because we beat Fulham. Leicester are miles ahead of us. They will more than likely finish top 10.



yep...ive read a number of posts/articles saying we didn't play Saturday as we did against Fulham and that was the problem......suggesting playing a thrown together Fulham team in poor form and playing Leicester are much the same thing..

its not...
dogfound
 
Posts: 6074
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 pm

I partly agree but partly agree.

Yes Leicester are a much stronger team than us and have some great strength in depth however I didn’t think they were that impressive Saturday especially considering how poor we were for the majority of the game. I felt there was areas to exploit in the Leicester team but felt we got it wrong, to many players off the boil and very poor subs. I don’t think it was totally unbelievable to think we could have got a point our of that game. While I agree Leicester have a lot of good players and a strong bench I didn’t think that translated to much into the game.

I agree we started well but we faded badly, I was grateful for the half time whistle as Leicester were looking very dangerous the loner the half went on. The second half we were very poor, lack ideas and shape and I don’t agree that was down to Leicester, we were poor. Players taking the wrong options, Hoilett, Manga, Morrison all running the ball into touch. I think with better subs there was a point to be had in that game.

We know the positions that need strengthening, we knew them all summer and they haven’t changed unfortunately Warnock had a poor transfer window. Its frustrating that some of his best transfers have been frees or players at knock down prices looking for a chance to prove themselves but we didn’t see it this summer. Im not sure how much I would back Warnock with funds in January if I’m honest, it will depend how we are positioned. how much would he need in January 30/40m is that enough? I’m not sure.

Warnock gets my support but let’s not pretend he gets everything right and that he can’t be questioned.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28022
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Stop panicking!

Postby pick and shovel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Well said. Couldn't agree more. Bar the man city game we have played admirably with what we have.

There at least 6 clubs in the relegation mix so we still have a fair chance of staying up.
pick and shovel
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 am

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Bluebina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:" Stop Panicking "

I am stunned with some of the comments saying Leicester was a game we should have won. Who do we think we are? We are a newly promoted team with the lowest budget by a mile, playing against the 2015-2016 Premiership champions at the worst possible time.

We all knew Leicester would be so up for this game. We all know Leicester at their best would have too much pace, energy and quality for us. We were simply beaten by a better team on the day and that was no surprise to me, Leicester are several levels above us and I would say outside of the top 6, they probably have the next best squad in the league.

Leicester are not a team we should expect to beat. Every player on their bench would get into our starting 11 and then you have players like Okazaki, who wasn't even in their squad. Leicester have also loaned out players like Slimani and Musa this season. These strikers would walk into our team and be a massive upgrade on what we have, that just shows the difference. The difference in quality and depth is frightening.

I'm surprised there are comments saying we played poorly. I thought we started well and we were the better team for the first half hour. Unfortunately, we didn't score when we was on top, this is something we need to learn to do in the Premiership. Leicester then started to take over and we lost our way in the second half. That wasn't because we played poorly or lacked effort, Leicester were just better than us, better players, better in possession and quicker to the ball, especially in midfield.

Ndidi in particular was the first to everything and ran the midfield for them. That wasn't because Gunnarsson, Arter or Reid were off the pace, Ndidi is just a superior player who is sharper with a quicker burst of acceleration to get to loose balls first. There isn't anything we can currently do about that this season.

Yet again, our only threat in open play was Josh Murphy, who put in another good performance. Leicester then took off Demarai Gray and put on Danny Simpson (another Premiership winner who would walk into our team) to counter Murphy's threat and the tactical change worked. That's another example of Leicester having superior options on the bench, they could put Simpson on to stop our only threat and see the game out. With Simpson stopping the tiring Murphy, we then had to resort to set pieces, long throws and hopeful balls into the box, which isn't good enough to score against a team like Leicester.

Brighton next Saturday are a team much closer to our level. It's only their second season in the Premiership, they don't have the pace or quality anywhere near the standard of Leicester, but they have an in form striker in Glenn Murray and they are a very organised, solid team. It will be a totally different test to Leicester and it's a game we can realistically win as long as we score the first goal. The first goal will be crucial as Brighton don't have much pace in their defence. They've conceded 16 goals in their 11 games, so we can score against them. If Brighton go behind and have to come out at us, we can expose their lack of pace at the back and beat them. These are the games which will decide if we stay up.

Vincent Tan has a decision to make. It's obvious we are short of quality up front and I think we need a minimum of another 3 players to improve our team and give us a chance. Warnock needs help and Vincent will need to back Warnock with funds, but I don't think we are a million miles away and I don't think there is any need to panic just yet. It was unfortunate the Newcastle and Huddersfield games were so early in the season, but we beat Fulham and I still don't know how we lost against Burnley. We are short in certain areas, but hopefully those areas will be resolved in the January window to make a difference in the second half of the season.

We would all take a 17th place finish, so let's stop the negativity, stop questioning Warnock and be reasonable. We are in a relegation mini league. Those teams are ourselves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley. If we finish above 3 of those teams, it will be our most successful season for several decades. We are Cardiff City, we have a budget half the size of Huddersfield, we are up against it, but the team will always give their all. Please stop panicking, realise how far we have come under Warnock, realise where we are currently at, be realistic and continue our amazing support.


Great post agreed :thumbup:
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby City Slicker » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Absolutely agree!

The time to panic is later on when you're tucking into your turkey and we only have 8-9 points going into the second half of the season. Until then ignorance is bliss.
City Slicker
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Bluebina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:" Stop Panicking "

I am stunned with some of the comments saying Leicester was a game we should have won. Who do we think we are? We are a newly promoted team with the lowest budget by a mile, playing against the 2015-2016 Premiership champions at the worst possible time.

We all knew Leicester would be so up for this game. We all know Leicester at their best would have too much pace, energy and quality for us. We were simply beaten by a better team on the day and that was no surprise to me, Leicester are several levels above us and I would say outside of the top 6, they probably have the next best squad in the league.

Leicester are not a team we should expect to beat. Every player on their bench would get into our starting 11 and then you have players like Okazaki, who wasn't even in their squad. Leicester have also loaned out players like Slimani and Musa this season. These strikers would walk into our team and be a massive upgrade on what we have, that just shows the difference. The difference in quality and depth is frightening.

I'm surprised there are comments saying we played poorly. I thought we started well and we were the better team for the first half hour. Unfortunately, we didn't score when we was on top, this is something we need to learn to do in the Premiership. Leicester then started to take over and we lost our way in the second half. That wasn't because we played poorly or lacked effort, Leicester were just better than us, better players, better in possession and quicker to the ball, especially in midfield.

Ndidi in particular was the first to everything and ran the midfield for them. That wasn't because Gunnarsson, Arter or Reid were off the pace, Ndidi is just a superior player who is sharper with a quicker burst of acceleration to get to loose balls first. There isn't anything we can currently do about that this season.

Yet again, our only threat in open play was Josh Murphy, who put in another good performance. Leicester then took off Demarai Gray and put on Danny Simpson (another Premiership winner who would walk into our team) to counter Murphy's threat and the tactical change worked. That's another example of Leicester having superior options on the bench, they could put Simpson on to stop our only threat and see the game out. With Simpson stopping the tiring Murphy, we then had to resort to set pieces, long throws and hopeful balls into the box, which isn't good enough to score against a team like Leicester.

Brighton next Saturday are a team much closer to our level. It's only their second season in the Premiership, they don't have the pace or quality anywhere near the standard of Leicester, but they have an in form striker in Glenn Murray and they are a very organised, solid team. It will be a totally different test to Leicester and it's a game we can realistically win as long as we score the first goal. The first goal will be crucial as Brighton don't have much pace in their defence. They've conceded 16 goals in their 11 games, so we can score against them. If Brighton go behind and have to come out at us, we can expose their lack of pace at the back and beat them. These are the games which will decide if we stay up.

Vincent Tan has a decision to make. It's obvious we are short of quality up front and I think we need a minimum of another 3 players to improve our team and give us a chance. Warnock needs help and Vincent will need to back Warnock with funds, but I don't think we are a million miles away and I don't think there is any need to panic just yet. It was unfortunate the Newcastle and Huddersfield games were so early in the season, but we beat Fulham and I still don't know how we lost against Burnley. We are short in certain areas, but hopefully those areas will be resolved in the January window to make a difference in the second half of the season.

We would all take a 17th place finish, so let's stop the negativity, stop questioning Warnock and be reasonable. We are in a relegation mini league. Those teams are ourselves, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley. If we finish above 3 of those teams, it will be our most successful season for several decades. We are Cardiff City, we have a budget half the size of Huddersfield, we are up against it, but the team will always give their all. Please stop panicking, realise how far we have come under Warnock, realise where we are currently at, be realistic and continue our amazing support.


Great post agreed :thumbup:


If anything happens to Zaha, Palace would be included in the struggle as well as Palace are very reliant on him !!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8624
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 pm

I agree with a lot what Tonteg says. Over the years Leicester and Cardiff were always similar size clubs, same sort of gates, often in same divisions etc. Same with clubs like Sheff Utd, Blackburn etc. Leicester have obviously progressed further than us. Hopefully we can get there as well with the right sort of investment and staff.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4124
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby davids » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 pm

The OP makes some good points.

But he also names other teams in our relegation "mini league" - Fulham, Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley.

We have played four of those teams, three at home and one away. From those games we have a total of 5 points out of 12 so it's not as if we are even doing well within our "mini-league".

That's why it's VITAL that we pick up points, especially at home to teams outside the top 6 (and we should even be looking to get the odd point especially at home against the big 6)

It seems is if we can't be expected to win ANY games we play this season as a case could be made for every team to be better than us (except Fulham at the moment).

Eg - Leicester - Champions a few seasons ago. Wolves - spent millions more than us. Brighton - more established than we are
Everton - better quality players etc etc. If you look for it you could find a reason for us to lose EVERY game this season but we have to be picking up points at home.

In none of our away games with the possible exception of Huddersfield when they were down to 10 men have we looked remotely like winning the game. Where is an away win going to come from?

Home form is vital and it's actually not the results in the relegation "mini league" that will keep us up, it's our home games against the likes of Watford, Palace, Brighton, West Ham etc that will make or break us. For me, Burnley and Leicester were two important lost opportunities and we need to show sooner rather than later if we have the collective ability to stay in this division.
davids
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 pm

I never panic - it's only a game and the ups and downs are part of the fun / excitement / heart ache.

Every game we have played at home - we could have won / drawn (apart from Man City).

The effort / committment shown by the players, Neil and staff etc has been nothing shot excellent.
I believe it will come right for us, just more of the same. And yes in Jan we need a striker , Paterson is doing his best as it seems Zohore is on a different planet. If I was him Id be a bit embarrassed to pick up the wage cheque.

More of the same from everyone - fans included, and Ken - if youre reading - pull your finger out and start challenging for a place
ReesWestonSuperMare
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Fantastic post Tonteg and I agree with what you are saying but I do think a point was there for us v Leicester. If only we had scored the first goal but as we all know its not as easy as that.

What is the worst that can happen ?

And if it does then so be it :ayatollah:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby maccydee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Great, great post.
maccydee
 
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:37 pm

I agree I find it quite funny if am honest, and ultimately while we have more chance of beating Leicester than a top six they are not a team in our mini league. Yes you need to try and win a few of these but Fulham palace Southampton Huddersfield Newcastle Burnley ( yep we lost that one ) are how our season will be decided.

The gulf between the top six is too far gone, it’s one thing that spoils the prem. Sides like Leicester have quality, do we really expect to just turn them over? They have been building for years, it was 1-0.

If we go down we go down but Brighton are no mugs either, it’s difficult but it is what it is. Keep supporting and without doubt we have a chance. We were never going to win Saturday, not after what happened.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow
 
Posts: 4212
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Some really sound thinking here. Tend to agree with the posters who say a point was there for us on Saturday. Not blind to some of our limitations/ squad depth etc but i would never go into a professional team game with the mindset that we weren't going to win due to the circs - that's just bollox. The players may well have been affected by all the emotive scenes and press coverage during the week but surely when that whistle blows they're looking to get the points being professional sportsmen.
Tuna Pasta Bake
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Re: " Stop panicking! "

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Some interesting replies and I think the majority are overall, in agreement. On reflection, I take the point that we could have got a draw last Saturday. Like I said, we had the better of the game during the first half hour and if Camarasa's free kick went in, it could have been a totally different result. I also take the point that we can easily make an excuse for every team being better than us and not expecting to win a single game.

I stand by my opinion that Leicester are several levels ahead of us. They've had an incredible rise from avoiding relegation in their first Premiership season with their superb end of season run and then carrying that momentum on to win the Premiership the following season. I don't think we will ever see an achievement like that again in our lives with the divide in quality and financial power between the top 6 teams and the rest of the Premiership. Leicester then followed that up by reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League and the financial rewards from those achievements, plus their brilliant owner (rip) has propelled them into a position to continually challenge the top 6.

For those reasons, I thought it was totally unrealistic for us to EXPECT to beat Leicester, but that doesn't mean we COULDN'T have got a result against Leicester and I think we can compete at home against most teams in this league and potentially get a result. I watched the quality of the Huddersfield v Fulham game last night and I have no doubts we are capable of beating them both in our return games. The Burnley defeat could come back to haunt us, but we can easily even things up by winning at Burnley.

Basically, I think we are capable of getting the better of most of the teams I've listed in our "mini league" head to head, and I think we are as well equipped as any of our rivals in our mini league to get decent results against the Brighton's, West Ham's, Crystal Palace's and Watford's. I'm hopeful our results against those teams won't be any worse than any of our "mini league" rivals can manage anyway and before the January transfer window, we have an opportunity to claw points back with those type of games now we've already played 5 of the top 6 with only Man Utd left.

I would like to think by the time we play Man Utd on December 22nd, we will be in 15th-17th position. I think we need a minimum of another 3 wins before the half way stage of the season to be honest. We must target Brighton next Saturday as a game to win. But if we are below 17th when we reach January with a worrying points gap to make up, then I will finally be starting to panic myself!
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bakedalasker, Bing [Bot], Bluebird For Life, Bluebirds_1927, GENERAL CHAT, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jock, LlwyncelynBlue, newblue57, theclaw, Tonteg Bluebird and 288 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.