Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Crisis: Meeting called “

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 am

Southampton board having an urgent crisis meeting today regarding Mark Hughes

Re: “ Crisis: Meeting called “

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:03 am

Hughes is a fraud at premier level he was decent in his earlier years at Blackburn and having the talent at his disposal at Man City but then starting getting prem job after prem job and being mediocre at Stoke he will be a championship manager soon cause the prem has moved on and Hughes is becoming an old relic of the past.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:11 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hughes is a fraud at premier level he was decent in his earlier years at Blackburn and having the talent at his disposal at Man City but then starting getting prem job after prem job and being mediocre at Stoke he will be a championship manager soon cause the prem has moved on and Hughes is becoming an old relic of the past.

Agree he wasted the talent at his disposal with Wales with his tactical ineptitude. :old:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:12 am

Another club that after a good couple of seasons after promotion haven't been able to kick on and slipped into 'just staying up' attitude

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am

I thought it was for us when I read the headline.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm

I should think that we need a crisis meeting ourselves .
I'm concerned for the first time because we are not improving any more and by now we should be in a position of at least being able to hold teams like Leicester and get a point at home because there are only so many games before it's too late.
The manager and owner need to meet and decide exactly what is and isn't possible ,then let the supporters know because they deserve that.
I'd thought that they'd be able to hold on with clever use of what we've got till January. Well, that's looking harder as we squander goals and points at home , and actually there's not much point anyway unless we can expect significant reinforcements in the next eight weeks.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Where does Hughes go from here !

Been found out with Wales key match tactics with Russia now in Prem

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:30 pm

When he's sacked the Mark Hughes fans on here will say he has still not been relegated with a club :lol:

Truly awful manager

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Where does Hughes go from here !

Dead right there. His team selection and tactics in that Russia game were unbelievable.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:43 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Where does Hughes go from here !

He's average, probably the Championship for a club or two, Allardyce would keep them up !!!

Allardyce will get one pf the jobs soon and that will affect our chances of staying up.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:47 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I should think that we need a crisis meeting ourselves .
I'm concerned for the first time because we are not improving any more and by now we should be in a position of at least being able to hold teams like Leicester and get a point at home because there are only so many games before it's too late.
The manager and owner need to meet and decide exactly what is and isn't possible ,then let the supporters know because they deserve that.
I'd thought that they'd be able to hold on with clever use of what we've got till January. Well, that's looking harder as we squander goals and points at home , and actually there's not much point anyway unless we can expect significant reinforcements in the next eight weeks.

Normally very positive, now panicking because we didn't beat Leicester who won the League two or three seasons ago?

Top half teams will be a bonus it's the bottom half we will have a better chance against and who will decide if we stay up or go down.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 pm

So, do you still think we are going to finish 10th Jimmy?

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm

:lol: didnt take long.

What about your logical thinking and way of seeing things that others cant that got you predicting 10th? :laughing6:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm

With a pretty average squad Hughes manage 9th place in the Premier league three years running with Stoke? Look what happened when he left.
Never mind we've got Warnock so why would we worry! :lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 pm

He will be sacked within 2 games HOWEVER they have Watford home and Fulham away, both winnable games.

Hughesy has the personality of that of a dish cloth and that's disrespective to the dish cloth.

Shockingly bad management

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:When he's sacked the Mark Hughes fans on here will say he has still not been relegated with a club :lol:

Truly awful manager

it is a fact though...and 550 games as a prem manager without being relegated is an achievment.?

accepting facts doesnt make you a fan..

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 pm

our players and manager are working their socks off in a situation which was mission impossible from day one , to say we squander points is no reflection of their efforts …..

oh and your lot lost wahhhhhh

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hughes is a fraud at premier level he was decent in his earlier years at Blackburn and having the talent at his disposal at Man City but then starting getting prem job after prem job and being mediocre at Stoke he will be a championship manager soon cause the prem has moved on and Hughes is becoming an old relic of the past.

Have to agree with you and I hope they keep him as they are nailed on to go down with him

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

:lol: didnt take long.

What about your logical thinking and way of seeing things that others cant that got you predicting 10th? :laughing6:

:lol:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:When he's sacked the Mark Hughes fans on here will say he has still not been relegated with a club :lol:

Truly awful manager

it is a fact though...and 550 games as a prem manager without being relegated is an achievment.?

He hasn't but his teams have.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Truly awful manager

He hasn't but his teams have.

Qpr he went in November...they went down 6 months later..{ do we also credit Trollope for our recovery under Warnock }

and of course last season Stoke sacked him and got relegated...Southampton appointed him kept them up..?