Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

European football matches advise

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi all, decided at my age need to start ticking some boxes with some different football experiences. Friday night I went and watched Napoli vs Empoli and I have to say the Napoli ultras where the best fans I have ever seen. Non stop for 90 minutes with plenty of passion despite it being a low key game. A great experience. That’s Italy’s done.

Spain or Germany next, thinking the yellow wall. Can anybody recommend some great European football experiences?

Re: European football matches advise

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Hi all, decided at my age need to start ticking some boxes with some different football experiences. Friday night I went and watched Napoli vs Empoli and I have to say the Napoli ultras where the best fans I have ever seen. Non stop for 90 minutes with plenty of passion despite it being a low key game. A great experience. That’s Italy’s done.

Spain or Germany next, thinking the yellow wall. Can anybody recommend some great European football experiences?

Ajax v Fejenoord! Red hot!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Lyon vs Marseille

Bologna vs Fiorentina

Bilbao vs Barce

Porto vs Benfica

Spartak vs Lokomotiv

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:49 pm

I've been all over.

Partizan v Red Star Belgrade , unbelievable / something special :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 pm

All sound good options, a derby game isn’t always simple to get tickets but will have a look at different options. :thumbup:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 am

Stringfellow wrote:Hi all, decided at my age need to start ticking some boxes with some different football experiences. Friday night I went and watched Napoli vs Empoli and I have to say the Napoli ultras where the best fans I have ever seen. Non stop for 90 minutes with plenty of passion despite it being a low key game. A great experience. That’s Italy’s done.

Did AC Milan v Juventus at San Siro in with the Milan Ultras - an amazing night even though they lost 0-2, they never stopped chanting, drinking sambucas and puffing on the waccy baccy so the atmosphere and noise was incredible. They also took great trouble to ensure my youngest boy had an unobstructed view of the pitch. Would love to do a few more European games at some point.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Did AC Milan v Juventus at San Siro in with the Milan Ultras - an amazing night even though they lost 0-2, they never stopped chanting, drinking sambucas and puffing on the waccy baccy so the atmosphere and noise was incredible. They also took great trouble to ensure my youngest boy had an unobstructed view of the pitch. Would love to do a few more European games at some point.

Fair play I got given a sambuca incredible atmosphere. :thumbup:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Lyon vs Marseille

Bologna vs Fiorentina

Bilbao vs Barce

Porto vs Benfica

Spartak vs Lokomotiv

What’s the deal with Bilbao v Barca? I know ones Catalan and ones Basque but never realised there was a particular rivalry between the two.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:21 pm

29/10/18

Wisla Krakow v Sonowiec 6pm Monday night match..... bit of a derby but not the main one

11,500 crowd, 1500 away fans in a 33k stadium

Cracking atmosphere, £8 for me and my boy, £5 scarf and 60p for a programme....

Just after this picture they added to it with strobe lights and other flashing lights...all in all they had a bonkers 10 mins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Oh....they put this flag up for 10 mins while they prepared their firework and light "show"........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.