Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm

The Chalkboard: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

By Will Jones

Tuesday 6th November 2018

Newly-promoted Cardiff City are certainly underdogs for Premier League survival this season. However, with the right managerial approach, tactical system, self-belief and a bit of luck, the Bluebirds can confound the odds and live to fight in the top flight for another campaign.




On the chalkboard

A solid foundation is already in place in the team at the Cardiff City Stadium. In goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, centre-backs Sean Morrison and Sol Bamba, midfielder Harry After and winger Josh Murphy, the Bluebirds’ have a solid spine to their first XI.

For manager Neil Warnock, the challenge is to get this group of players, who lack reliable quality beyond the aforementioned group, playing in a manner that maximises the strengths of their key men and guards the deficiencies inherent in the group.







The key to this is returning Cardiff to the basics. By deploying a simple style of play, and ensuring that individuals commit to their instructed tasks, they can become very difficult to beat. That’s a start.

Whilst they certainly lack a quality centre-forward – surely a top priority for January – they have an exciting, explosive wide attacker in 23-year-old Murphy. His two strikes so far this season show that he has end product too.








Playing to their strengths

In maximising their greatest attributes – physicality and organisation – Warnock can get the best out of this team. However, perhaps their greatest means of ensuring survival lays in their mentality. Against Arsenal and Liverpool already this season Cardiff have shown they’re willing to scrap to the bitter end of every match and won’t give up because they’ve gone behind.



This mental resilience is vital to their chances of a strong season. If Warnock can continue to successfully cultivate and maintain this mentality, and keep his side sticking to doing the basics well, then Cardiff have a fighting chance.

It may not be pretty, but Cardiff should not shy away from their physical, long-ball approach. If their powerful striker Kenneth Zohore can find some form too then they will have the perfect focal point for the likes of Arter to target and Murphy to play off of.
Attachments
Cardiff-City-Callum-Paterson-and-Josh-Murphy.jpg
Cardiff-City-Callum-Paterson-and-Josh-Murphy.jpg (369.51 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107655
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby phildavies » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm

A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby angelis1949 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Just a lot of arrant nonsens written by someone who I have never heard of,the plain fact of the matter is if Warnock is not replaced soon we are doomed to go down,I'm sorry to say but in my opinion Warnock is completely out of his depth and if Tan just does nothing and let's Warnock get on with it then clearly Tan has no interest in staying in the Premiership
angelis1949
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:21 am

angelis1949 wrote:Just a lot of arrant nonsens written by someone who I have never heard of,the plain fact of the matter is if Warnock is not replaced soon we are doomed to go down,I'm sorry to say but in my opinion Warnock is completely out of his depth and if Tan just does nothing and let's Warnock get on with it then clearly Tan has no interest in staying in the Premiership



yes of course he is out of his depth..you win promotion the manager puts his merlin suit on waves his magic wand over the squad and hey presto journeymen championship players become seasoned premier league players..easy
dogfound
 
Posts: 6027
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I think will Jones is speaking a lot of sense there. Obviously everything is hypothetical and only time will tell but simply get behind the team and manager and have some belief. Trust them. We will be OK come the end of the season
Bambasbestbuddy22
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby Bluebina » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:I think will Jones is speaking a lot of sense there. Obviously everything is hypothetical and only time will tell but simply get behind the team and manager and have some belief. Trust them. We will be OK come the end of the season


Last set of games of the season for us and teams around us.


Man U - Cardiff City
Southampton - Huddersfield
Fulham - Newcastle
Palace - Bournemouth
Burnley - Arsenal

Southampton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, and Fulham all with a chance of points on the last day, I hope we are safe by then or it will be a tense.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

phildavies wrote:A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse




What defines the best league I would like to know? It appears that every league have a cartel where same teams fight for European places and 99.9% of them win domestic cups, in that respect premiership is no different from any other in Europe.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15525
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby Bluebina » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse




What defines the best league I would like to know? It appears that every league have a cartel where same teams fight for European places and 99.9% of them win domestic cups, in that respect premiership is no different from any other in Europe.



We have six competing, and teams like Leicester can very occasionally slip in, most countries it's between one or two.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby phildavies » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse




What defines the best league I would like to know? It appears that every league have a cartel where same teams fight for European places and 99.9% of them win domestic cups, in that respect premiership is no different from any other in Europe.



We have six competing, and teams like Leicester can very occasionally slip in, most countries it's between one or two.


Complete myth since it was formed in 92-93 6 diffrent clubs have won it. And that doesn’t include two of the so called big 6.

In that same time their has been 5 diffrent Spanish and Italian champions aswell as 6 diffrent German champs so hardly much difference in competiveness in truth,
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby Bluebina » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:33 pm

phildavies wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse




What defines the best league I would like to know? It appears that every league have a cartel where same teams fight for European places and 99.9% of them win domestic cups, in that respect premiership is no different from any other in Europe.



We have six competing, and teams like Leicester can very occasionally slip in, most countries it's between one or two.


Complete myth since it was formed in 92-93 6 diffrent clubs have won it. And that doesn’t include two of the so called big 6.

In that same time their has been 5 diffrent Spanish and Italian champions aswell as 6 diffrent German champs so hardly much difference in competiveness in truth,


2003 - Now Bayern Munich have won it 11 times and been runner-up 3 times
2003 - Barcelona have won it 9 times and been runner-up 3 times
2003 - Manu have won it 6 times and been runners-up 3 times

So the premier league looks a bit more competitive more recently
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Why Cardiff City can survive in the Premier League

Postby phildavies » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:
phildavies wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:A- Because their are lot of pretty shite teams in this league. I’m confident we can finish above 3 of them. Best league in the world my arse




What defines the best league I would like to know? It appears that every league have a cartel where same teams fight for European places and 99.9% of them win domestic cups, in that respect premiership is no different from any other in Europe.



We have six competing, and teams like Leicester can very occasionally slip in, most countries it's between one or two.


Complete myth since it was formed in 92-93 6 diffrent clubs have won it. And that doesn’t include two of the so called big 6.

In that same time their has been 5 diffrent Spanish and Italian champions aswell as 6 diffrent German champs so hardly much difference in competiveness in truth,


2003 - Now Bayern Munich have won it 11 times and been runner-up 3 times
2003 - Barcelona have won it 9 times and been runner-up 3 times
2003 - Manu have won it 6 times and been runners-up 3 times

So the premier league looks a bit more competitive more recently


Aye it’s so competitive that last year the champions only lost 2 games and won it by 19 points.
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bluebirdoct1962, cityone, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HARRYccfc1927, JimmyJazz, MAESTEG BLUE, paulh_85, sgd66, theclaw, Tony Blue Williams and 196 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.