Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Advice for Everton away “

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 pm

I’m going to this match on November 24th (day after my birthday).

One of the few grounds I haven’t been to in this league.

Can anyone advise on the best places to go for a drink pre-match for away fans?

Thanks in advance :thumbright:

Everton away

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Just got my tickets for Everton away (upper stand). Im taking my 7 year old for his birthday any advice on where to go before the game. Going up saturday morning and then staying the night in Liverpool with my wife and daughter.

Re: “ Advice for Everton away “

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Last time in the premier we went to the stand hilda'so hotel before and after the games between Liverpool and Everton, they even put a buffet on for the everton game :occasion5:

Re: Everton away

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Nialladam1927 wrote:Just got my tickets for Everton away (upper stand). Im taking my 7 year old for his birthday any advice on where to go before the game. Going up saturday morning and then staying the night in Liverpool with my wife and daughter.

Me and wife going up Friday evening til Sunday. Great city mate

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Nialladam1927 wrote:Just got my tickets for Everton away (upper stand). Im taking my 7 year old for his birthday any advice on where to go before the game. Going up saturday morning and then staying the night in Liverpool with my wife and daughter.

Yes ive been to Liverpool a few times. Kids love the musuem. Just wondering what pubs any city supporters were going to before the game

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Nialladam1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes ive been to Liverpool a few times. Kids love the musuem. Just wondering what pubs any city supporters were going to before the game

Might go back to The Arkles pub which was where we went for the Liverpool game, it's only a short walk to Goodison Park from there and it's a decent pub. We had a good welcome there. :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Nialladam1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Might go back to The Arkles pub which was where we went for the Liverpool game, it's only a short walk to Goodison Park from there and it's a decent pub. We had a good welcome there. :bluescarf:

I’ve never been to an away game in the city - are the Everton locals a friendly bunch?

Re: “ Advice for Everton away “

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 pm

The Grapes Mathew st Liverpool City centre, great pub, theirs a big Wetherspoons on the corner too.Some good bars around Mathew st,through my experience of my time in Liverpool.