You've won an iPhone /Samsung/ picnic hamper

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 am

Is anyone else getting this bloody pop up info trawling crap every five minutes ?
Obviously don't fall for it , but I wonder whether it's somehow targeting football forums. I was getting it here, but nowhere else till I just had a look at the BHA forum to check out what they're saying about the Cardiff game and it incarnated itself there too.
As a control l tried Tottenham Fulham and Norwich and it jumps up on them too.
Don't usually get much stuff like that on iPads but it's on my iPhone as well. Just wondered whether anyone else is being annoyed by it.
SirJimmySchoular

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: You've won an iPhone /Samsung/ picnic hamper

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:55 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Is anyone else getting this bloody pop up info trawling crap every five minutes ?
Obviously don't fall for it , but I wonder whether it's somehow targeting football forums. I was getting it here, but nowhere else till I just had a look at the BHA forum to check out what they're saying about the Cardiff game and it incarnated itself there too.
Don't usually get much stuff like that on iPads but it's on my iPhone as well. Just wondered whether anyone else is being annoyed by it.

nah the only annoying thing ive noticed popping up is that Roath fella..
dogfound

Postby BluebirdRyan18 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 am

I’ve had it too. Sometimes it’s an amazon prime pop up saying you’ve won an iPhone and to open gift boxes to find it. Close down all your tabs in safari (or google chrome,whatever you use). If that doesn’t work then restart your phone
BluebirdRyan18

Postby salopiancity » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 am

You could download Adblock. I use it and get no ads whatsoever.
salopiancity

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

You get it surfing the internet aswell cant stop them but just close your tabs and it dissapears they are Very spasmodic so unless use something like ad bloc would just ignore :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks for that.

Amusing thing is that no matter what bloody ridiculous answers you give to the questions you still win and in that bit where you have three guesses which box the prize is in , if you just keep pressing the same box it appears in there the third time .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby T1JMO » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Is anyone else getting this bloody pop up info trawling crap every five minutes ?

Don't get any on my superior Samsung :glasses8:
T1JMO

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Sounds like some malware on your system mate if your getting it on numerous different sites. Try running kaperski or some such similar tool and see what it finds.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:59 am

T1JMO wrote:

Don't get any on my superior Samsung :glasses8:

That's exactly why I got rid of my Samsung actually. I find the iPhone seems more resistant to malware etc but the iPad isn't so much. I get annoyed with both of them and I tend to change between iPhones and samsungs every time I upgrade.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:04 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Sounds like some malware on your system mate if your getting it on numerous different sites. Try running kaperski or some such similar tool and see what it finds.

Yeah, you know what I've been meaning to do that for ages , not so much for Apple machines but for laptops ,so I think I'll do exactly that later. Thanks for the prompt , I shall act upon it.
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat