Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAMIR NASRI

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:52 am

Samir Nasri's drug ban expired last week. He's a free agent. West Ham linked in the papers today. Any takers?

Re: SAMIR NASRI

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:11 am

We can't afford him :lol: :lol:

He was on about 80-100k a week at Citeh. He'd prolly ask for a bit less than that given his age.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:14 am

mate he will have a lot of clubs sniffing around him like a tramp on a bag of chips.

No chance :laughing5:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:We can't afford him :lol: :lol:

He was on about 80-100k a week at Citeh. He'd prolly ask for a bit less than that given his age.

We can afford him, just whether the club would risk signing him. Back from drugs ban, getting on a little bit, he can't command massive wages like he used to.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:27 am

Wolfpac wrote:mate he will have a lot of clubs sniffing around him like a tramp on a bag of chips.

No chance :laughing5:

I highly doubt he'll have massive amount of options. Attitude problem at previous club, just come off long drugs ban and isn't in his prime age-wise. He will have some offers but we'd be in a decent position, Premier League club, give bonus and wage increase if we stay up. I'd take him if he accepted that.

Unlikely to be fit and not sure where he would fit in under Warnock, number 10 at best and we already have Reid, Patterson and probably Camarasa who can do that role. Other positions needed.

TAP_Sheep wrote:

We can afford him, just whether the club would risk signing him. Back from drugs ban, getting on a little bit, he can't command massive wages like he used to.

No as high but he could ask for 50-70k. Which we could use to get a few decent players. Nasri hasn't played for a while but there's a reason why there's a few clubs after him.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:Unlikely to be fit and not sure where he would fit in under Warnock, number 10 at best and we already have Reid, Patterson and probably Camarasa who can do that role. Other positions needed.

You're telling me we DON'T need another central midfielder? I think we do. But I do agree we need to prioritise other positions (i.e Striker, Right back)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

No as high but he could ask for 50-70k. Which we could use to get a few decent players. Nasri hasn't played for a while but there's a reason why there's a few clubs after him.

Don't think we'll get a "few decent players" with combined £70k a week. Especially Prem quality.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Nasri would be a great fit for Cardiff, but the only problem will be where to put him, we got Mendez Laing coming back for the Wolves game at the end of this month soo yeah. Mind you he can be a striker for us with paterson behind him for support.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:19 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Unlikely to be fit and not sure where he would fit in under Warnock, number 10 at best and we already have Reid, Patterson and probably Camarasa who can do that role. Other positions needed.

You're telling me we DON'T need another central midfielder? I think we do. But I do agree we need to prioritise other positions (i.e Striker, Right back)

Im saying we need more of a defensive midfielder, Arter, Ralls, Camarasa Reid can play a little further forward especially if we have a solid midfielder behind them. Im also not saying Nasri isn't better than what we have but I think a lot of other positions are needed. I'm not sure if he has the work ethic to play in any other position other than as a number 10 under Warnock.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Nasri would be a great fit for Cardiff, but the only problem will be where to put him, we got Mendez Laing coming back for the Wolves game at the end of this month soo yeah. Mind you he can be a striker for us with paterson behind him for support.

Nasri isn’t a striker pal.