Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Start Madine V Brighton

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I'd love to see this happen. I think he'd do well. Has a history of scoring, just not since he's come here. The only starts he's had are with cup squads. Full team behind him. Up front i think he'll prove a few doubters wrong, and also get some confidence. Paterson has done well, but hasn't really scored loads, so why not? What do we have to lose?

Come on uncle Neil, give Madine a start!

Re: Start Madine V Brighton

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Mr Shed wrote:I'd love to see this happen. I think he'd do well. Has a history of scoring, just not since he's come here. The only starts he's had are with cup squads. Full team behind him. Up front i think he'll prove a few doubters wrong, and also get some confidence. Paterson has done well, but hasn't really scored loads, so why not? What do we have to lose?

Id have liked to have seen him given more time in games, its difficult to change games in 5/10minutes. Im not sure he deserves a start mind, Ward for me hasn't done a lot wrong.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Mr Shed wrote:I'd love to see this happen. I think he'd do well. Has a history of scoring, just not since he's come here. The only starts he's had are with cup squads. Full team behind him. Up front i think he'll prove a few doubters wrong, and also get some confidence. Paterson has done well, but hasn't really scored loads, so why not? What do we have to lose?

Paterson has done a decent job and scored 2 goals. It would be extremely unfair if he was dropped now just as he seems to be warming to the Centre Forward position.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm

we have 3 points to lose..
difficult to see NW now deciding to go with Madine having played a midfielder/right back there ahead of him.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 pm

I just bumped into John McEnroe and he shouted "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS"

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm

There's absolutely no doubt that Callum Paterson is our best option as a striker. For me that's a done deal and we just can't start putting people in on the off chance that they'll suddenly be able to play.
I honestly thought and expected that Gary Madine would thrive in the Premiership and similarly I thought Ken would make a name for himself but I'm afraid I was wrong on both counts and Ward is never going to be anything but a reserve. Out of the three he's the only one who should be in the 25 strong squad after the window , but not as a first string player.

We've got to do our best to hold on till then and just hope we don't get the same outcome as Col. Travis did with his expected reinforcements . That being so, we stick with the man we know will do his best and forget the ones who might or might not bother to try.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 pm

You thought Madine would thrive in the Premier League but are afraid you're wrong?

Mate, he's had 25 minutes spread over 5 games off the bench so I would hold your horses on waving the white flag just yet.

Unless he gets a fair crack (he hasn't since he arrived), any judgement is unfair in my opinion. Having said that Warnocks sees them day in day out in training and obviously doesn't fancy him which begs the question why he bought him in the first place for me.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I'd contiue to start him in the modern day equivalent of the "stiffs" and until he starts banging in goals at that level then how is he going to even come close to succeedings at PL level :roll:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Well there's no point starting him against top 6 side that's as pointless as the 5 mins he gets now and then at present time? Games like Brighton ect is where he needs to start games at least got chance to do something. :old:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 pm

RV Casual wrote:You thought Madine would thrive in the Premier League but are afraid you're wrong?

Mate, he's had 25 minutes spread over 5 games off the bench so I would hold your horses on waving the white flag just yet.

Unless he gets a fair crack (he hasn't since he arrived), any judgement is unfair in my opinion. Having said that Warnocks sees them day in day out in training and obviously doesn't fancy him which begs the question why he bought him in the first place for me.

Very true on all comments

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well there's no point starting him against top 6 side that's as pointless as the 5 mins he gets now and then at present time? Games like Brighton ect is where he needs to start games at least got chance to do something. :old:

Paterson has got 2 goals in last 3 games. End of convo in our position surely lads

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:01 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Well there's no point starting him against top 6 side that's as pointless as the 5 mins he gets now and then at present time? Games like Brighton ect is where he needs to start games at least got chance to do something. :old:

Paterson has got 2 goals in last 3 games. End of convo in our position surely lads

Who's to say Madine wouldnt have got 3 or 4 in the same ammount of games?
He remains the only Cardiff striker who hasn't started a game yet this season.
We should've got 3 points against Huddersfield, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leicester and Burnley in my opinion but we didn't. Who's to say we should get them tomorrow?
We hope to get the 3 points but without a proper striker up there, we will always struggle.
Patersons heading and hold up play is superb, but so is Madines. Paterson has scored 2 goals this season, but 1 was scuffed and the other deflected into his path.
Agree or disagree, i believe tomorrow would be the perfect opportunity to find out once and for all if Madine is up for it.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:40 pm

I would not want to see madine on the bench let alone starting.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:38 pm

RV Casual wrote:You thought Madine would thrive in the Premier League but are afraid you're wrong?

Well you answered your own question there. Sir Neil obviously wants him to do well, especially after spending all that money on him and I'm sure he'd have had more match time if he were performing properly in training. I'm sorry , because I'm dissapointed for the boy, but he doesn't look comfortable when he comes on. He's awkward and slow and I'm guessing that he must be like that in training too.
No one will be more pleased than I if he comes good but this really isn't the time to take chances.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 pm

By the way I'm not joining the chorus of his knockers and detractors, I was just answering the direct question of who's the best option to start at the front right now

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 am

Warnock i love you with all my heart but what the fu... was you thinking when you signed him.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Even Gary would have scored that goal scored by our full back today - if he'd been in the right place of course.

Ken on the other hand.......

Whilst Paterson continues to score there is no way Madine should start in front of him in any game.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

I'm so glad Gary had a day off today :thumbup:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Warnock i love you with all my heart but what the fu... was you thinking when you signed him.

not rocket science, he was thinking we need a target man to take presure off Ken...he did and we won promotion...