Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: THE RETURN OF MENDEZ LAING & MORE

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 pm

THE RETURN OF NATHANIEL MENDEZ LAING:
It is predicted that one of my favourite wingers at Cardiff City will return for match action when the bluebirds face Wolverhampton Wanderers at the end of this month. Other fans say that Laing is no good for us but I think because he has not been seen on the pitch since he got injured in the Huddersfield match back in August.

I still think Mendez Laing is the player to get us goals more often and of course he will continue to improve as soon as he plays game after game and eventually will charge his way to scoring lots of goals for us.

THE PLAYERS THAT YET TO PLAY A PART THIS SEASON:
Anthony Pilkington
This player has been given his fair share of criticism, even though he is yet to play a game or even be on the bench this season. I think that Pilks should be given at least 1 match before he moves on, just to see what he can do. Maybe for the first FA Cup match in the new year.

Lee Tomlin
Tomlin is tricky, especially because he done his community service which some say that effected how he played for us on the pitch, but that was the last we heard from him and a few pictures of him on Instagram suggest he is getting more fit but with no sign of a 1st team start or being on the bench he must move on if he wants any game time.

Matthew Connolly
The defender has been quiet in terms of what the manager says because I think he can still be a solid player for us. But since he has of course not played a game for us this season and have not been seen since last season then we might have to move him on and get a Premier League replacement.

Gary Madine
Gary Madine is some ways was the useless signing that gave Zohore a kick up the backside to start performing on the pitch for us going into the tail end of last season. He is yet to score for us even though he could of easily when Cardiff hosted Wolves last season with 2 penalty chances. Madine was Preston's best striker and now he is just a player who lacks the quality to score. So sorry he must move on too.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: THE RETURN OF MENDEZ LAING & MORE

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Piks and Tomlin aren't in our premier league squad so wont be playing unless they are added in January which seems massively unlikely.