Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine NEEDS MORE CHANCES!?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:05 pm

I love Cardiff fans and some of you are a funny bunch :lol:

I've just read 2 seperate posts where the MAJORITY of the replies actually agree with the suggestions that starting Madine tomorrow would be cool.

I took a bit of slack for bringing up how we're worse off having Madine as an option instead of Zohore, and every post about Madine these days tends to be about how he "hasn't had enough chances... Let's sort that claim out straight away.

Here are the facts for how many chances Madine has had for Cardiff with a ZERO return in goals.

Leeds -72 Minutes
Millwall - 82 Minutes
Ipswitch -45 Minutes
Bristol City -45 Minutes
Brentford -13 Minutes
Burton -19 Minutes
Sheffield United -45 Minutes (The game where he assisted Pilkingtons goal)
Wolves -19 Minutes (Misses Penalty)
Aston VIlla -22 Minutes
Norwich -73 Minutes
Derby -67 Minutes
Hull -1 Minute
Reading -4 Minutes

Games where Gary Madine was on the bench but wasn't used -2
Games where Gary Madine was eligble but didn't make the match day squad -3

The post I read today...I don't understand it. What are you talking about chances? What is your actual arguement? That he scored a decent number of headed goals in a championship relegation battle for Bolton before he came to us? Or are you suggesting he deserves "chances" in the premier league and we shouldn't judge him on this MANY chances in the championship? You lot for real?

You guys chant "If Gary scores we're on the pitch". That says it all.

I have to accept I will come across sour with this post, but I'm sorry but the amount of people agreeing with the previous post and how Madine hasn't had chances is a joke.

On a side note I love you all and I love you Gary as a person <3 One Love and all that.

Re: Gary Madine NEEDS MORE CHANCES!?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 pm

the thing with madine is he needs a run of games to get going. the problem with that is we're in a relegation battle, and he hasn't shown any evidence that he is a better option than paterson, ward, or zohore (or even reid). we can't just chuck him in and bench someone like paterson who has been very good in that position.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:25 pm

The only funny one is you fella.

You are that dull you have even proved the point with what you have posted.

Are you seriously suggesting 1 minute against Hull and 4 minutes against Reading are chances.

13 minutes here, 19 minutes there, Jesus wept.

Do you remember how long it took Zahore to come good or have you got a short memory?

When/if Madine gets a fair run in the team we can talk. Untill then your pissing in the wind when your constant sagging of one of our own.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:The only funny one is you fella.

Are you seriously suggesting 1 minute against Hull and 4 minutes against Reading are chances.

Do you remember how long it took Zahore to come good or have you got a short memory?

When/if Madine gets a fair run in the team we can talk. Untill then your pissing in the wind when your constant sagging of one of our own.

I’ve made one post about Madine this season, and commented on one post.

Wouldn’t call that “constant”.
Either way your argument just isn’t logical in a footballing sense. So are you suggesting we should give a teenager a chance up front too? Because they have had even less chances than Madine... mate if Madine can’t score after a run of 4 starts (which he has had with us before) then we can’t seriously suggest playing him in the premier league.

You’re actually saying you want Madine to have a few stars, let’s say a nice round 5 starts for him to finally score and come good? When we have a perfectly good Patterson who has 2 goals already.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Gary Madine had his chances in the Championship last season and still he has not scored a single goal for us if he was any good he would of at least got 2 goals im thinking when we played derby and of course the penalty he was given against wolves.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Savigma wrote:
Leeds -72 Minutes
Millwall - 82 Minutes
Ipswitch -45 Minutes
Bristol City -45 Minutes
Brentford -13 Minutes
Burton -19 Minutes
Sheffield United -45 Minutes (The game where he assisted Pilkingtons goal)
Wolves -19 Minutes (Misses Penalty)
Aston VIlla -22 Minutes
Norwich -73 Minutes
Derby -67 Minutes
Hull -1 Minute
Reading -4 Minutes

None of which did he have Reid, Murphy, Camarassa, or Arter around him an none of which were in the premier league. Harder league a million times yes, but certain situations suit different players. You never know.

Hoilett was immense last season (he also missed a penalty against Wolves) not doing so well this season. Does that mean he's no good?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:44 pm

If madine starts a game for us in the prem then I'm sorry but we are doomed for the drop.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:02 pm

coming off the bench is never easy, let alone in the premier league.

you can list all the minutes, but in many games we're under the cosh. by comparison, bobby reid has 1 in 10 games, and correct me if i'm wrong but he's started all of them, if not all. i don't see him getting any stick on here, and nor should he.

sometimes you need a break in football. look at bale at tottenham, something like 30 games without winning - he got the monkey off his back and now plays for real madrid.

who knows, he may score and get a bit of confidence in him. i hope he does, because i think he could become an important player for us, especially if we're relegated.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't see any reason he should start but imo he should be getting more minutes even if it's 15 or 20mins in games.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Playing 507 or so minutes out of 1170 in 13 games is that a fair chance to prove anything? To some it is but then you need to take account fact that fair few games he played for under 20 mins! Every man and his dog knows any player needs a run of games to get match tuned, wether he's good enough is not the question it's wether he's getting opportunity to show he is? And evidence shows he's not.. :old:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Can I ask Savigma....
How many games has Ken Zahore started this year and how many minutes has he played?
He has proved that with a run of games he can score goals.
It seems he started maybe 3 games and has been written off by a lot of fans on here and has become the easy scapegoat. Did Zahore get enough opportunities?

At the start of the season City were not playing well and were creating few chances. I think if Nw had persisted with Ken then he would have scored a few. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Warnock and his background staff see all the players training everyday surely he would give Madine or Zohore a run in team if he thought they were up to it?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Lengee wrote:Can I ask Savigma....
How many games has Ken Zahore started this year and how many minutes has he played?
He has proved that with a run of games he can score goals.
It seems he started maybe 3 games and has been written off by a lot of fans on here and has become the easy scapegoat. Did Zahore get enough opportunities?

At the start of the season City were not playing well and were creating few chances. I think if Nw had persisted with Ken then he would have scored a few. :thumbup:

I absolutely agree with you. My main annoyance with this talk of Madine is that people are writing off Zohore even though he has performed and scored about 22 goals for us Warnock took over. I'm not saying his goal to match ratio is something to brag about, but atleast he scores and he's played so many good games for us without scoring he doesn't deserve to be behind Madine in the pecking order (As he is according to some City Fans).

The difference between Zohore and Madine is that Zohore has proven with a run of games in the championship he is our catalyst and if he doesn't score he atleast contributes with his hold up play, or brilliant runs down the wing or even through the middle. He's even had some SCREAMER goals taken away from him last season because the referees deemed Zohore to have fouled when he didn't. Not to mention his incredible awe dropping solo goals he scored for us in our 16/17 season - His first of which I witnessed live away to Brentford - make it eveident that wether he's out of form this season or not, he's clearly talented and capable.

Even the few games Zohore has played this season in the premier league he has been fairly solid to be fair to him. He just hasn't scored.

The difference is Madine doesn't show anything. And quite frankly for a target man when he comes off the bench he wins feck all. Anyone who seriously wants Madine to be ahead of Zohore in the pecking order can't seriously go to the games live because the only thing he offers is this "apparent" aerial threat that Patterson and Ward have absolutely shown him up in that department.

Screw giving Madine more chances. If he plays I'll root for him and encourage him if he's near my side of the pitch, I'll have hope but I'll know deep down he won't do anything. Sad but true.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Warnock and his background staff see all the players training everyday surely he would give Madine or Zohore a run in team if he thought they were up to it?

He also thinks Manga is the answer at right back, he isn't always right.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:13 pm

He's shit.

lack of minutes or not it doesn't take more than the above to spot a clear lack of quality, pace and goal threat.

Lower end champ striker.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:

He's shit.

lack of minutes or not it doesn't take more than the above to spot a clear lack of quality, pace and goal threat.

Lower end champ striker.

At best!