Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Eleventh Hour

Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Uri Geller has this theory of what he calls "synchronicity " - where the same thought or concept comes banging on the door repeatedly and for no apparent reason until whatever is going to happen happens.
The coverage on Sky began at 11.30, during the eleventh hour.

The game began with what I intended to comment upon here anyway as being an absolutely fantastic Rememberance Day ceremony - better than anything I've seen elsewhere including at the cenotaph, and a great credit to the Welsh Guards and the football club. Together we mourned the dead and celebrated the Peace which came on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day.

The game kicked off and it was, let's be honest , and if anyone still remembers this saying, " the biggest f**k up since Mons " in many ways . Nonetheless, the boys carried on the best they could even though nothing was working .
Once again, our main man , Callum Paterson , who is now a striker by the way and the figures prove it, earned a mention in dispatches for courage and perseverance and somehow equalised.

What followed next in terms of our football is best forgotten. The pressure on the boys was really showing and I can't remember seeing such clueless performances and total disorganisation .

Then , at the eleventh hour , by sheer willpower more than anything else, all was made well by our heroic Sol

Re: The Eleventh Hour

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:08 pm

I don’t think there is a better poster on here than yourself Jimmy. I don’t agree with everything you write or your opinions, but every post is well thought out and written

Re: The Eleventh Hour

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:I don’t think there is a better poster on here than yourself Jimmy. I don’t agree with everything you write or your opinions, but every post is well thought out and written

Thank you. That's very kind but entirely undeserved in this case since it was entirely off the cuff, done very quickly and whilst I was also taking a telephone call. I'm glad you don't agree with everything I write because it's often largely for entertainment purposes, but the trouble is that I sometimes mean it and then get irritated because I somehow think anyone's going to know the difference.
Anyway, thanks for that and let's celebrate the bit of luck we had today - it was certainly very overdue .