Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kadeem Harris Brilliant

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Was brilliant today and like a new signing......if we get a striker and right back in, plus keep everyone fit we will come close!

2x home wins before Christmas would be massive.

Re: Kadeem Harris Brilliant

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:23 pm

I agree thought he was class today, but I thought the overall performance was poor and luckily it was against a poor Brighton team that didn't show up and were down to 10 men for most of the game. Think we need a RB (ASAP) a ST and I still feel we need a bit of quality in that midfield to break teams down. But great result anyway :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I agree thought he was class today, but I thought the overall performance was poor and luckily it was against a poor Brighton team that didn't show up and were down to 10 men for most of the game. Think we need a RB (ASAP) a ST and I still feel we need a bit of quality in that midfield to break teams down. But great result anyway :ayatollah:

I think Arter would have made a huge difference today.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:I agree thought he was class today, but I thought the overall performance was poor and luckily it was against a poor Brighton team that didn't show up and were down to 10 men for most of the game. Think we need a RB (ASAP) a ST and I still feel we need a bit of quality in that midfield to break teams down. But great result anyway :ayatollah:

We missed arter today ralls dont presss and close down like after nowhere near.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

You're probably right tbh, makes you realise how much Arter actually does. Always available for a pass, passes between the lines and takes players on, whilst always pressuring the opposition without the ball.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Hoping Mendez Lang can have the same impact when he is back.
Pace is so critical out wide.
Murphy was not at the races today.
Well done Kads excellent performance.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Great to hear Harris coming good, like a new signing as you say and pace is key. If only ken could find some form we’d have a right chance.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Have to agree,he showed today he can do it!if that shot had been a couple of inches lower ;) have been a big admirer for a while,and was a bit concerned he would let this season pass him by,without making a real go of it,great talent kads,no let's see you roar :ayatollah: also notice he has been beefing himself up,which was needed, as he was often pushed/bullied of the ball too easily,the lad was class today :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:44 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Have to agree,he showed today he can do it!if that shot had been a couple of inches lower ;) have been a big admirer for a while,and was a bit concerned he would let this season pass him by,without making a real go of it,great talent kads,no let's see you roar :ayatollah: also notice he has been beefing himself up,which was needed, as he was often pushed/bullied of the ball too easily,the lad was class today :bluescarf:

I agree, and scored against Fulham with his desire at the back post. Wingers do have on and off games as you seen with Murphy today who’s arguably our best player but it’s good of one is off the boil the other can do the business. Like a new signing.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Ken isn’t quicker enough for the prem! Great in the champ but Danny Ward is sharper in Prem. I agree pace is the key and provides an outlet, the quicker Menza Lang back the better!

Hope Warnock keeps Gunnar in as he was also brilalnt today.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Very similar to how Noone couldn’t get near the pitch for the start of the last PL season, but the moment he was finally given a chance, he breathed new life into our attack play,

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm

He certainly was, and Infront of Hoilett now in my opinion.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm

CFS25 wrote:Ken isn’t quicker enough for the prem! Great in the champ but Danny Ward is sharper in Prem. I agree pace is the key and provides an outlet, the quicker Menza Lang back the better!

Hope Warnock keeps Gunnar in as he was also brilalnt today.

Gunnar has a nice quiet composure to his game. He look a lot more assured than he has in the past to me. Sometimes his legs don't do what his head wants but he usually wants to do the right thing while breaking play up well.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:04 pm

I have often doubted this player's ability to play in this league but I'm delighted to say that he proved me wrong today.
If he can do this regularly he will do very well indeed.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 am

Out of contract next summer get him a new one

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Agree. He was badly missed

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pm

He missed most of last season with injury. I really rate him. He has loads of pace and is two-footed, both massive assets at this level. Like Murphy, he has just got to add consistency.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Harris was brilliant. And gunnarson has been like a new signing. Seems to be biasing the midfield a bit, absolute revelation.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm

CFS25 wrote:Was brilliant today and like a new signing......if we get a striker and right back in, plus keep everyone fit we will come close!

2x home wins before Christmas would be massive.

Agree - Another one would be a bonus ;)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 am

Slated him in the past but... My MOTM yesterday, thought he was brilliant and pleased to see Gary Lineker and Martin Keown giving him a bit of praise on MOTD.

Gunnar also brilliant.

But I believe Harry Arter is the best player at the club, and we missed him yesterday.

Has to come back in the team for Everton - possibly for Ralls. That would be my only change, assuming no more injuries.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 am

Against Everton Ralls surely out for Arter, maybe Cunningham out for Bennett but keep rest unchanged

Harris was incredible on Saturday unplayable at times