Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOE RALLS

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Rubbish today.
Have we missed him since the red card v Tottenham NO!
I really thought he would try to earn the shirt today.
With Gunersson along side him doing the defensive midfield work ( a grafter) surely Ralls should have been more positive, pushing forward more?
No wonder he got substituted. Warnock saw what i saw.
Very dissapointed with Ralls.
In hindsight, should have started with Reid!

Re: JOE RALLS

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Was very poor today, I wonder if Warnock brought him back to early from his chipped bone cause he looked very slow moving around today and imo should have been brought off for Reid at half time. But at least he's got 2 weeks to get back to full fitness and hopefully Mendez-Laing should be back as well. Id expect Ralls to be dropped to the bench for the next game.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm

He took a knock early and never really recovered,after that he was poor.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Another player good in the Championship, lost in the Premiership. While Gunnarsson is fit, Ralls should be benched.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 pm

I think I'm the only one who thought he did well. He's no Harry Arter but Ralls has been out injured and thought he gave his all, generally used the ball well and always made himself available. Tried to keep things ticking, he slowed down in the second half but that was to be expected. With no injuries I don't think he makes the team but I have no issue with him today.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 pm

He for sure wasn’t poor, he was naturally off the pace and was blowing a little. Did the best he could and hasn’t Arters experience at this level so hard to compare. Has struggled a little with the step up, but I think he will get better in time. Will make way next week for Arter but wouldn’t say he was poor.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Stringfellow wrote:He for sure wasn’t poor, he was naturally off the pace and was blowing a little. Did the best he could and hasn’t Arters experience at this level so hard to compare. Has struggled a little with the step up, but I think he will get better in time. Will make way next week for Arter but wouldn’t say he was poor.

There was certainly worse players for us today.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Stringfellow wrote:He for sure wasn’t poor, he was naturally off the pace and was blowing a little. Did the best he could and hasn’t Arters experience at this level so hard to compare. Has struggled a little with the step up, but I think he will get better in time. Will make way next week for Arter but wouldn’t say he was poor.

Just answered what i said basically....
''Off the pace, blowing a little, struggled a little with the step up''.
Sorry, but he is too slow, has been all season.
Simply not good enough. Average championship player at best.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 pm

I thought Ralls did ok today after a nervy start. The one player who really looked out of his depth for me was Cunningham

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:40 pm

i think the only player who has looked out of his depth(over the season) is Sol.... But that is blasphemy

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:56 pm

First game back after a while out ffs. Yes he was poor today but he'll get better with more game time. :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:01 pm

llan bluebird wrote:i think the only player who has looked out of his depth(over the season) is Sol.... But that is blasphemy

No doubt about it he has struggled, for all his passion and enthusiasm he just makes to many mistakes which you can get away with in the championship.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:05 pm

I honestly don’t see what others see with Ralls , what does he offer? sideways and back passes when he does attempt a pass forward rarely finds his target never carries ball forward and is slow
Wouldn’t be in my team

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 pm

I thought he did well. Ignore the idiots always looking for a scapegoat Joe. Well done today :ayatollah: :bluebird: :old:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:23 pm

He's just not at the level of the other 3. Gunnar, Arter, Camarasa are a cut above and should be our starting midfield when available.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Bananas wrote:I thought he did well. Ignore the idiots always looking for a scapegoat Joe. Well done today :ayatollah: :bluebird: :old:

Did well? He was poor today

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 pm

He's a splendid man and has been a great contributor to the club but I'm afraid he's passed his level of competence in this league

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Walinoz wrote:
Bananas wrote:I thought he did well. Ignore the idiots always looking for a scapegoat Joe. Well done today :ayatollah: :bluebird: :old:

In your opinion

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 pm

ffs he`s just comeback from injury .... do you think footballers just lie in bed all day and play a game on the weekend? NO! They have to train hard and he hasnt been doing that ... he was drafted in because Arter was out ..... i`m a runner and if i miss 2 weeks of training my form dips by about 30%. Its a fact.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:47 pm

AHERNE wrote:ffs he`s just comeback from injury .... do you think footballers just lie in bed all day and play a game on the weekend? NO! They have to train hard and he hasnt been doing that ... he was drafted in because Arter was out ..... i`m a runner and if i miss 2 weeks of training my form dips by about 30%. Its a fact.

Injury ? Thought he had a three match suspension after getting sent off

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Walinoz wrote:
AHERNE wrote:ffs he`s just comeback from injury .... do you think footballers just lie in bed all day and play a game on the weekend? NO! They have to train hard and he hasnt been doing that ... he was drafted in because Arter was out ..... i`m a runner and if i miss 2 weeks of training my form dips by about 30%. Its a fact.

Injury ? Thought he had a three match suspension after getting sent off

He was injured as well, only started light training this week.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:08 am

I dunno,a sticky calling one of our players garbage and another player who couldn't buy a friend on this forum because he took a while to sign up turns out to be the best player on the park. :?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:15 am

If you don't like a player or want a player to be poor , then you will only see negatives for that players performance.

Whether he was good bad or indifferent , other things affect that performance.

Ralls had been injured,
Ralls had missed recent games, so would not be match fit - and probably why he was substituted for tiredness,
The opposition & tactics will affect performances.

I thought he did ok but went off the pace in the 2nd half.

No mention of the excellent volley in the first half by the original poster ?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 am

Ralls is a grafter - but only played today because Arter was injured - otherwise Joe would probably have been on the bench. Most below performance came from Josh Murphy - he was poor (:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 am

Bananas wrote:
Walinoz wrote:

In your opinion

That’s right mate. It’s all about opinions. Personally I thought he was awful - my opinion. We’re not ‘idiots’ because we have a different opinion.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Walinoz wrote:

In your opinion

That’s right mate. It’s all about opinions. Personally I thought he was awful - my opinion. We’re not ‘idiots’ because we have a different opinion.

Apart from you of course :thumbup: :happy1:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 am

Bananas wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Walinoz wrote:

In your opinion

Apart from you of course :thumbup: :happy1:

:laughing5: :thumbup:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 am

Ralls played OK today.
Not brilliant, but certainly not poor, his pass success and ratings on who scored back this up.

Can’t see what he was supposed to have done wrong ?
He put his normal big chunk of work in and tried more than most to make things happen.

He tired later in the game, but that wasn’t surprising given he’d been out for 3 weeks with a chipped bone in his knee.

Bigger worries for me are..

Why we seem to win so little in the air in the box.
Another set piece goal conceded
So slow using the ball - and this wasn’t down to Ralls who was using it quite quickly
Manga so lost at right back
Murphy playing infield didn’t work, it was his poorest game for the club to date

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 am

Lawnmower wrote:Ralls played OK today.
Not brilliant, but certainly not poor, his pass success and ratings on who scored back this up.

Can’t see what he was supposed to have done wrong ?
He put his normal big chunk of work in and tried more than most to make things happen.

He tired later in the game, but that wasn’t surprising given he’d been out for 3 weeks with a chipped bone in his knee.

Bigger worries for me are..

Why we seem to win so little in the air in the box.
Another set piece goal conceded
So slow using the ball - and this wasn’t down to Ralls who was using it quite quickly
Manga so lost at right back
Murphy playing infield didn’t work, it was his poorest game for the club to date

Agree with all that,manga is a centre back and people are screaming take him in when he gets in an attacking position. While he’s a technically gifted CB he’s not a wing back. Murphy won’t play well every game but his best position is chalk on his boots one on one with the full back.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 am

Despite just coming back he isn’t good enough, he played the same yesterday as he would normally. He is constantly lost in midfield and sadly doesn’t really offer anything. But, a few players were off the pace yesterday, it’s a great win but with arter coming back and the fact we picked up 2 wins without him I can only see Ralls warming the bench.

Kadeem Harris though was excellent. The win was superb, a great ugly win but 3pts is all that matters. Keeps us well in the race to stay up.