Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JOE RALLS

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 am

Mr Potato wrote:Despite just coming back he isn’t good enough, he played the same yesterday as he would normally. He is constantly lost in midfield and sadly doesn’t really offer anything. But, a few players were off the pace yesterday, it’s a great win but with arter coming back and the fact we picked up 2 wins without him I can only see Ralls warming the bench.

Kadeem Harris though was excellent. The win was superb, a great ugly win but 3pts is all that matters. Keeps us well in the race to stay up.

In a nutshell :thumbup:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm

I apologise as we have picked up one win without Ralls. However the sentiment still stands, Ralls isn’t good enough at this level.
He is consistently aimlessly lost in midfield, too far away from anyone to mark and not pacey enough to lose his man. Arter camarasa and gunnarrson is our strongest midfield.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Lost in midfield.
Jesus Christ !

Watch out first goal yesterday, Ralls is the instigator, plays 4 or 5 first time passes constantly making room for himself and making himself available.
It was a 16 pass end to end move by the way, involving almost every single player once.

He’s an excellent player and I wonder if he needs to dye his hair orange or something for people to notice what he does

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Lost in midfield.
Jesus Christ !

Watch out first goal yesterday, Ralls is the instigator, plays 4 or 5 first time passes constantly making room for himself and making himself available.
It was a 16 pass end to end move by the way, involving almost every single player once.

He’s an excellent player and I wonder if he needs to dye his hair orange or something for people to notice what he does

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Clearly rushed back to soon because of Arter's suspension. Less than six months at this level. Our fans already writing him off. Quality fan base :roll:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Despite just coming back he isn’t good enough, he played the same yesterday as he would normally. He is constantly lost in midfield and sadly doesn’t really offer anything. But, a few players were off the pace yesterday, it’s a great win but with arter coming back and the fact we picked up 2 wins without him I can only see Ralls warming the bench.

Kadeem Harris though was excellent. The win was superb, a great ugly win but 3pts is all that matters. Keeps us well in the race to stay up.

White boots make him stand out a bit.
He’s a grafter but was off the pace yesterday. Lost the ball and gave so many wayward passes yesterday. Someone said about his passing stats were quite high - how many of those were backwards.
It’s all opinions though and I respect yours mate. that’s what makes this forum so great.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Ok he had a good couple of mins for the first goal, my bad player of the season!! He is crap, you can big him up all you want, he for 90% of the game is just crap, another player not up to the task of premiership football.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Totally agree with this

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Lost in midfield.
Jesus Christ !

He’s a grafter but was off the pace yesterday. Lost the ball and gave so many wayward passes yesterday. Someone said about his passing stats were quite high - how many of those were backwards.
It’s all opinions though and I respect yours mate. that’s what makes this forum so great.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:01 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

His boots looked pink to me and in terms of passing he’s quite positive, always looking to go forward or find space.

I think his attempts to make things happen actually make his passing stats look worse than they could be if he played safe all the time

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Ok he had a good couple of mins for the first goal, my bad player of the season!! He is crap, you can big him up all you want, he for 90% of the game is just crap, another player not up to the task of premiership football.

He’s well up for the task.
Just some of our fans don’t realise it.

Perhaps you forgot how poor we were without him last season?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Ok he had a good couple of mins for the first goal, my bad player of the season!! He is crap, you can big him up all you want, he for 90% of the game is just crap, another player not up to the task of premiership football.

Bring up the stats of games without him be interesting to see

Opinions differ, for me we are better without him as per Fulham game

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Joe Ralls l thought he was fantastic says Warnock

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

His boots looked pink to me and in terms of passing he’s quite positive, always looking to go forward or find space.

I think his attempts to make things happen actually make his passing stats look worse than they could be if he played safe all the time

Sorry mate. Disagree. I thought they were white but not sure tbh :?:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:10 pm

I’m far from being Ralls’s biggest fan, however I thought he did ok. Constantly demanded the ball and looked to play forward and pick a pass rather than tippy bloody tappy sideways/backwards.
I was wondering what’s happened to Bruno? Has he caught something off Peltier??? Now shits himself when asked to go forwards with the ball.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

not for me..often poor pass selection and often seems to lose the game and looks lost..

the point about last season doesnt prove anything either im afraid...he missed 9, we won 6 drew 1 and lost 2..19pts from 9 games extended over a season would give us 6 points more...thats without factoring in the 2 defeats were against top and 3rd

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:I’m far from being Ralls’s biggest fan, however I thought he did ok. Constantly demanded the ball and looked to play forward and pick a pass rather than tippy bloody tappy sideways/backwards.
I was wondering what’s happened to Bruno? Has he caught something off Peltier??? Now shits himself when asked to go forwards with the ball.

Really?
I must have watched a different match.
Ralls is an ok player don’t get me wrong but I saw many backwards and sideways passes from him yesterday. When passing forward, the pass often went astray.
Not a geat deal of movement from those infront of him though tbf particularly when Brighton often had 10 men behind the ball.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Not quite sure he has done wrong ?

Not being as talented as Camarasa, or as experienced as Arter or Gunnarson ?

He is a different league to Damour or reid though

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Stants Step over wrote:Not quite sure he has done wrong ?

Not being as talented as Camarasa, or as experienced as Arter or Gunnarson ?

He is a different league to Damour or reid though

Difficult to say re Damour as we’ve not seen him other than his FA cup appearance but he was good last season I agree with you there though. Reid is a different type of player but has far more talent imho.
As I said, I’m not anti- Ralls, just saying he was poor yesterday. All opinions though b

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:40 pm

ralls' achilles heel has always been his first touch, and range of passing. gunnarsson has improved his passing hugely in the past couple of seasons, so it can be done.

ralls has been the first name on the team sheet for a couple of seasons now, and his consistent 7/10, box to box performances were one of the main reasons we went up last season.

that said, arter has to play, gunnarsson too for the defensive discipline, and so for me it's between him and camarasa. camarasa is a decent set piece taker so i'd give him the nod for now.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Lost in midfield.
Jesus Christ !

You have made up a goal there, he touches it twice although his ball to camarasa is a good one. I accept that he can play the odd pass.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Ralls was the only one playing purposeful passes, attempting to create an opening. Our first goal came because of his pass that sliced open Brighton and allowed Camarasa to play in Harris.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:50 pm

northernbluebird wrote:ralls' achilles heel has always been his first touch, and range of passing. gunnarsson has improved his passing hugely in the past couple of seasons, so it can be done.

ralls has been the first name on the team sheet for a couple of seasons now, and his consistent 7/10, box to box performances were one of the main reasons we went up last season.

that said, arter has to play, gunnarsson too for the defensive discipline, and so for me it's between him and camarasa. camarasa is a decent set piece taker so i'd give him the nod for now.

Gunnarsson literally played 5 yard sideways passes on Saturday...

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:59 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:ralls' achilles heel has always been his first touch, and range of passing. gunnarsson has improved his passing hugely in the past couple of seasons, so it can be done.

Gunnarsson literally played 5 yard sideways passes on Saturday...

if you've watched us for the last couple of seasons you'd know gunnarsson has improved his passing hugely - he's better than ralls in that regard.