Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Ref

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Thought the ref had a good game today.

Possibly the best we've seen home or away this season?

Makes a change to hear the away fans singing "You don't know what you're doing" :lol: :lol:

Re: The Ref

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Ref did very well.

Linesman a bit dodgy :lol:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ref did very well.

Linesman a bit dodgy :lol:

Wasn't dodgy for bambas goal? :laughing6:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:06 pm

I have always rated Mr Atkinson. He is always unobtrusive and tries to let the game flow. Though he did fail to book Bamba, he gets far, far more right than wrong. If every PL ref was as good as him the Game would be in extremely good hands.

StT.
<><

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I have always rated Mr Atkinson. He is always unobtrusive and tries to let the game flow. Though he did fail to book Bamba, he gets far, far more right than wrong. If every PL ref was as good as him the Game would be in extremely good hands.

StT.
<><

Last 5 mins gave us everything cannot complain about his performance and got bambas goal spot on ! :occasion5:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:34 am

First time we’ve had a bit of fairness with free kicks.

So many refs seem to give every foul possible to the opposition and then ignore fouls on our players.

Sending off harsh in my opinion, but I’m one for not being too heavy on fouls, and there’s a debate on offside for our winner, but in fairness that was chaos and no one seemed to mention it at the time, but overall he handled the game well imho

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:34 am

Lawnmower wrote:First time we’ve had a bit of fairness with free kicks.

So many refs seem to give every foul possible to the opposition and then ignore fouls on our players.

Sending off harsh in my opinion, but I’m one for not being too heavy on fouls, and there’s a debate on offside for our winner, but in fairness that was chaos and no one seemed to mention it at the time, but overall he handled the game well imho

May have been harsh in context seen worse like company other week but when you look at it if citys players foot been on ground it would surely been broken? So it was dangerous and cannot argue with red card agree about goal though it was chaos but lino should seen 2 city players offside after manga headed ball back for bambas overhead kick! Their players complained immediately and didn't stop surrounding ref until kicked off again think that's why ref forgot bambas yellow, But due some luck plus ref on our side for change :thumbup:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:40 am

Love the way the ref was good just because he got things wrong which went in our favour. If our winning goal had been scored by Brighton, this forum would have gone into meltdown with us being cheated by the officials yet again. ;) ;)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Love the way the ref was good just because he got things wrong which went in our favour. If our winning goal had been scored by Brighton, this forum would have gone into meltdown with us being cheated by the officials yet again. ;) ;)

Instead Brighton forums are in meltdown Inc manager! :
Or could be Charlie Austin! :laughing6:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

May have been harsh in context seen worse like company other week but when you look at it if citys players foot been on ground it would surely been broken? So it was dangerous and cannot argue with red card agree about goal though it was chaos but lino should seen 2 city players offside after manga headed ball back for bambas overhead kick! Their players complained immediately and didn't stop surrounding ref until kicked off again think that's why ref forgot bambas yellow, But due some luck plus ref on our side for change :thumbup:

They didn’t appeal until after the goal, but the offside was well before the final touch.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

They didn’t appeal until after the goal, but the offside was well before the final touch.

Yes as soon as it went in they were at the ref and still at it when city made it back to halfway line! No wonder ref forgot bamba going topless? :laughing6: