Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW!! SOME MORE PRAISE FOR CARDIFF CITY

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Amazing!!! I think I detect another very rare moment of praise for Cardiff city from Chris kamara and jermaine jenas. Cardiff seem to be the most hated club in the land by pundits, rival fans, most english people and the media so a little praise like this is amazing. We have the best fan base in the premier league I believe and do not warrant all this hate. Keep the praise coming kammy and good on you. BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS!!!

Re: WOW!! SOME MORE PRAISE FOR CARDIFF CITY

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

What did they say?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 pm

They were comparing cardiffs 16 pass equalising goal to that of Barcelona or arsenal

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Amazing!!! I think I detect another very rare moment of praise for Cardiff city from Chris kamara and jermaine jenas. Cardiff seem to be the most hated club in the land by pundits, rival fans, most english people and the media so a little praise like this is amazing. We have the best fan base in the premier league I believe and do not warrant all this hate. Keep the praise coming kammy and good on you. BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS!!!

I get very tired of this " most English people" crap. I've lived and worked primarily in England for many many years and I've never heard a single person say anything like that. Unfortunately there's this Cardiff Swansea nonsense so there are probably more Welsh people who don't like Cardiff City than English people.
Leaving aside people doing chants at matches, actually I find that a lot of people here quite like Cardiff City and admire what they've done. What half arsed journalists say is something else.
By the way , have you noticed that most of our players for many years have been English ?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Amazing!!! I think I detect another very rare moment of praise for Cardiff city from Chris kamara and jermaine jenas. Cardiff seem to be the most hated club in the land by pundits, rival fans, most english people and the media so a little praise like this is amazing. We have the best fan base in the premier league I believe and do not warrant all this hate. Keep the praise coming kammy and good on you. BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS!!!

Chris Kamara has generally been kind to Cardiff City and loves our fans after those of us who were around in much darker days than some 'think' we are right now, sang his name and got him to 'Do the Ayatollah' in the old Ninian Stand some seasons ago. A decent pundit with a great sense of humour! :thumbright:

Others are right to say that Cardiff are not (quote) "the most hated club in the land by pundits, rival fans, most English people and the media" because that statement is simply not true!

We have 'rivalries' (the biggest being the Bristol City one followed by the 'Jack' one) but beyond match days, most 'other' clubs don't give two hoots about Cardiff City FC until an opportunity for a 'wind up' comes along. It's no different to what we do to them; it's just a perception some people get because they are only not what is being said about 'their' team

The facts (possibly Bristol and Swansea apart because they're fans are life-challenged) are a little different! :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:13 pm

I said at the beginning of the season that if we play with the same fight as we did to win promotion slowly but surely we would win some fans - we're basically the Premier League version of Rocky Balboa - constantly going up against superior opposition, somewhat limited in terms of technical ability, bound to take a bit of a beating here and there but just don't know when to stay down and how not to keep on fighting - we're a Hollywood movie waiting to happen.

Adriaaaaannnn

:ayatollah:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:58 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I said at the beginning of the season that if we play with the same fight as we did to win promotion slowly but surely we would win some fans - we're basically the Premier League version of Rocky Balboa - constantly going up against superior opposition, somewhat limited in terms of technical ability, bound to take a bit of a beating here and there but just don't know when to stay down and how not to keep on fighting - we're a Hollywood movie waiting to happen.

Adriaaaaannnn

:ayatollah:

Good post (for a change !)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Go drink a Nescafe ;-)