Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did the Cardiff City crowd really get 'behind their team' for the full 90 minutes?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL: QUESTION ON THE CROWD YESTERDAY?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:59 pm

We've heard lots of talk about the crowd at the CCS being 'behind the team' for 90 minutes but after a conversation I had about the City crowd being pretty quiet until late into the game versus Brighton yesterday, I thought I'd ask the question

I wasn't there myself (had to watch on TV) but it made me think of other occasions where I've felt the home crowd have (sort of) relied on the team to provide them with a reason to go vocal and for me, the vocal difference between home and away match support is surreal... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: POLL: QUESTION ON THE CROWD YESTERDAY?

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:08 pm

No it was poor yesterday I thought and I even heard some boos when we looked clueless at 1-1.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Was poor between 30 -60 mins

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:16 pm

although it was probably the worse home atmosphere this season ive gone for the 90 mins..
based on ,considering we had just one win in 11 and went a goal down early it was still better than the home crowd backing of any team we have played away this season..

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Stuffing was knocked out of us early on, and again that feeling of going behind at the first few attacks from the opposition and to such a silly mistake is difficult to lift yourself but we rallied after the equalizer and the sending off which took us through till half time, but around me in the second half quite a few where shouting for warnock to change it 3 st the back etc we where still lumping it up in the air and there big centre backs where soaking up everyrthing i myself started getting frustrated with our lack of really taking the game to them and almost felt like we where happy with a point and where frightened of loosing that point but the substitution's worked this time and the whole stadium did start sounding frustrated and was urging the team to go forward not back and the last 10 minutes the team responded and thankfully we made it and it was such a relief to hear the final whistle and walking out of the stadium with a smile and a spring in your step and feeling more optimistic was great, and the drive back home for two and a half hours went quickly and out for a few pints with colours on bril.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:59 pm

The crowd were definitely with the team throughout the 90 mins. It so happens I have a lot of video clips throughout the game of the play & singing which I have started to put onto Twitter.

The clips show a lot of loud singing of various songs and it was throughout.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:25 pm

First time I have heard a few disgruntled fans this season. a more subdued atmosphere than usual what with an early ko, early goal and the feeling of here we go again. Throw in to that a poor game, look the atmosphere isn’t going to be electric every match but most games have been fantastic.

Fans were singing Neil warnocks barmy army at 1-0 down and despite a quieter than usual atmosphere, the noise levels at the end were absolutely off the scale. Didn’t help shooting towards family stand second half.

The wolves game Friday night will be electric. Can’t wait.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm

missed yesterday but can't wait for the wolves game now :bluescarf:

hope we can put one over on the yam yams

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:19 am

I think this topic is a big fuss over nothing. I thought the fans were great on Saturday getting behind the team most of the time and especially when needed which was for a period when the play was slow and needed an injection of pace.

I’m not sure what people want. Most other premier clubs are like a library compared to us and we’re up there with the bigger clubs relatively speaking. Even the players have stated how good we were and how it helped them vs. Brighton.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:52 pm

I think it was because it was on TV, but the rowdy crowd atmosphere seems a bit quieter than in previous home matches. Not too sure why but I hope it picks up again heading into our 'must win' 2 home matches against Wolves and Southampton.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I think this topic is a big fuss over nothing. I thought the fans were great on Saturday getting behind the team most of the time and especially when needed which was for a period when the play was slow and needed an injection of pace.

I’m not sure what people want. Most other premier clubs are like a library compared to us and we’re up there with the bigger clubs relatively speaking. Even the players have stated how good we were and how it helped them vs. Brighton.

Paul, I haven't been at the last three home games for personal reasons but it was mentioned to me that the crowd were fairly quiet 'for most of the game', so I asked the question after noting in a number of games both this season and last that the crowd often needed 'something' to get them going during (shall we say) the less high profile games

Brighton was the type of game we should be 'up' for, as it is teams like them that we should (as we did :thumbright: ) be looking to take points from

I watched the game on TV an it is often hard to tell what is really happening in the crowd but on a number of occasions all I could hear was Vince's 'Marmite' drum. Love it or hate it, at least he's making an effort and (as someone wrote elsewhere in the media) if people don't want the noise, then go to a library

Not sure if he meant a real one or the New Vetch though! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6: