Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOL BAMBA TOLD "YOU'RE TELLING PORKIES!"

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 pm

'You're telling porkies!' The brilliant interview with Cardiff City's Sol Bamba that will make you love him even more

The match-winner was brilliant during and after the game against Brighton

Sunday 11th November 2018

Footballer's post-match interviews are usually pretty bland and cliche-ridden, littered with remarks such as "we'll take it one game at a time" or "we aren't getting ahead of ourselves".

Well, thank goodness for people like Cardiff City's Sol Bamba.

The skipper, who scored the Bluebirds' late winner to give Neil Warnock's side their second win of the Premier League season, was interviewed by Match of the Day following his late heroics.

In his jubilation after scoring, Bamba took his shirt off as he raced towards the stands to celebrate what proved to be the winner.

Amazingly, referee Martin Atkinson missed Bamba's quite obvious act - therefore he wasn't booked - and the centre-back was asked about it in an interview after the game.

Interviewer: "Did he book you, I think you might have gotten away with that!"

Bamba: "I know! I know! Don't tell anyone! I think at the end of the game he said to me 'did you take your shirt off?' And I said 'no, I didn't'. So he didn't book me, so we just leave it like that."

Interviewer: "You're telling porkies!"

Bamba: "I know! We keep it for ourselves!"

He then followed up his interview comments with another joke on Twitter. When asked again about the incident involving Martin Atkinson, he replied "I hope he ain't got no twitter tho!"

Supporters loved his comments.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock revealed he spoke to the officials before the match about players being penalised for taking off their shirts when celebrating.

"I don't think Martin would have done that on purpose. That's what linesmen are there for really," said Warnock.

"I did mention to the referee when he warned us about being booked for taking shirts off, I said I hope he books three of our players today because we don't score that many."

All good fun :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SOL BAMBA TOLD "YOU'RE TELLING PORKIES!"

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 am

Love Sol as a player and a man.
Yes, he makes the odd mistake (who doesn’t?) but he’s a big personality in the games, constantly gets his last minute tackles and blocks in and gives 100% each time. Takes some unfair criticism in my opinion.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 pm

A real City legend.

:ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Sky now going the other way and reporting Sol 'got away' with it after telling a white lie after the game! :roll:

Apparently, the rules don't allow for retrospective action over a yellow card incident, so it appears that Sky in their wisdom have decided Sol needs to be admonished, whilst only 7 days earlier criticising another referee on the same ground for booking player after removing his shirt during a goal celebration

Sol was clearly talking with humour and tongue in cheek after he'd scored a rare winner for his team

I'm never sure exactly why the rule is in place but the simple fact is that Martin Atkinson missed the so-called 'ofence' and wasn't helped by his assistants, so that's it done and dusted

Sky TV (with their often weird slow news day agendas) need to look at themselves sometimes! :oops:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Sven wrote:Sky now going the other way and reporting Sol 'got away' with it after telling a white lie after the game! :roll:

Apparently, the rules don't allow for retrospective action over a yellow card incident, so it appears that Sky in their wisdom have decided Sol needs to be admonished, whilst only 7 days earlier criticising another referee on the same ground for booking player after removing his shirt during a goal celebration

Sol was clearly talking with humour and tongue in cheek after he'd scored a rare winner for his team

I'm never sure exactly why the rule is in place but the simple fact is that Martin Atkinson missed the so-called 'ofence' and wasn't helped by his assistants, so that's it done and dusted

Sky TV (with their often weird slow news day agendas) need to look at themselves sometimes! :oops:

They're just making a story out of nothing should be directing questions about the officials! Funny thing is if he had said yes at end game he would be booked! And that would be a story in itself. :o

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Sven wrote:Sky now going the other way and reporting Sol 'got away' with it after telling a white lie after the game! :roll:

it's what news organisations do - make news if there isn't any. moan at players for being robots if they don't show any personality, then hammer them at every opportunity if they do.

a bit like expecting a player to admit to a ball being over the line if the ref is unsighted - it's not going to happen when players are paid to win.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 am

pembroke allan wrote:

They're just making a story out of nothing should be directing questions about the officials! Funny thing is if he had said yes at end game he would be booked! And that would be a story in itself. :o

Exactly! :thumbright:

Sky certainly have an agenda that's not necessarily got the best interests of 'football' at its core! :(