Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bamba in Garth Crooks team of the week, however

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:44 am

It was good to see Sol Bamba in Garth Crooks team of the week, however his follow up comments on the red card was a disgrace where he said what a cheek for Cardiff players to surround the referee as he had seen a lot of worse tackles from us and "what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".
The tackle was very bad and Cunningham was very lucky not to have his leg broken, and it was rightly condemned by Alan Shearer on Match of the Day.

Re: Bamba in Garth Crooks team of the week, however

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 am

Just goes to show his lack of footballing knowledge. Bamba was poor Saturday and that's being generous but made up for it with the goal. The tackle was a shocker and as Shearer said it was a good job Cunningham's leg wasn't planted or it was a leg breaker.

I think teams come to us knowing that they have to match us physically but a lot of them are over stepping the mark. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more red cards in our games as some of the tackles have been terrible.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 am

Wind your neck in Garth

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:11 am

So much BS about the tackle, its a red by the letter of the law.

It was forcefull and high with studs up.

The trouble is the Refs, some give a yellow like Kam said on GoS in the big game with big players they are leiniant

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am

Pundit lashes out at 'cheeky' Cardiff City players 'who should have known better' than play part in Brighton red card -

Monday 12th November 2018

BBC Sport pundit Garth Crooks has launched an attack on Cardiff City's players who "should have known better" than to remonstrate with the officials in the build-up to Brighton's red card on Saturday.

Seagulls midfielder Dale Stephens saw red for a first half lunge on Greg Cunningham — a decision which split fans and pundits at the time.

Martin Atkinson had no hesitation in sending Stephens off, but Crooks suggested Cardiff's players were wrong, even hypocritical, to surround the referee.

He said Bluebirds players have committed equally bad challenges and not been shown red cards.

Garth Crooks:

"Cardiff just about deserved this victory but what cheek their players showed in remonstrating to the referee about Brighton's Dale Stephens' tackle on Greg Cunningham which led to a red card," he said.

"They should have known better. I have seen some awful tackles dished out by Cardiff players and they have stayed on the pitch.

"Come on lads, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

Crooks did at least name Cardiff matchwinner Sol Bamba in his team of the week.

On the centre-back, who scored a heroic last gasp winner to secure the 2-1 win, Crooks added: "The overhead kick by Sol Bamba was brilliant and it provided the opening for his goal.

"In addition to his late winner, Bamba made more tackles (three), clearances (three) and blocks (one) than any other Cardiff player against Brighton."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am

If he feels we have made some bad tackles, tell us where and when they were then. I havent seen any really bad tackles carried out by our players this season. Have we had anyone else sent off, other than JR at Spurs. I also thought SB, had a pretty average game to be honest.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Quakerman wrote:It was good to see Sol Bamba in Garth Crooks team of the week, however his follow up comments on the red card was a disgrace where he said what a cheek for Cardiff players to surround the referee as he had seen a lot of worse tackles from us and "what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".
The tackle was very bad and Cunningham was very lucky not to have his leg broken, and it was rightly condemned by Alan Shearer on Match of the Day.

Not true is it ?
It shows that these pundits operate on what they've heard others say than what they've seen happen . Although Harry Arter is working to change that, our record in that area is as good as anyone's and better than most.
The proof is in the "fair play" table in which we finished about fifth in the Championship last year despite being called dirty by teams like wolves who were near the bottom for red and yellow cards

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Garth been on the phone to Diane again I see.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Oh Garth,

What a knobend you are.

Did you have a go at your precious Spurs when they were chasing after the referee trying to get him to send off Ralls at Wembley?

Amazingly I think you said nothing about that when it was a much less dangerous tackle than the one on Saturday.

What a prick.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Kadeem Harris was picked by Jason Burt of the daily telegraph for his team of the weekend.

:bluescarf:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Just further evidence that Garth Crooks only watches highlights then pumps out the first shit that comes into his frog like skull.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 pm

He shouldn’t be in the team of the week, that’s a shocking decision. He was awful for Dunk’s goal.

Did well to get the winner, but doesn’t mean he should be in the team of the week.

As for his comments on us surrounding the referee, I think you’ll find most clubs do that with those sort of tackles (although I still think the red card was soft). It started when Mourinho first went to Chelsea, and now players at all teams will try and put pressure on the officials - we won’t be the last this season.

If I was a cynical person I’d say Crooks just put Bamba in to try and take a swipe at our players for that incident.

Not a great fan of his. On the BBC... Shearer, Keown, Jenas and Murphy are a lot fairer.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Garth who?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:He shouldn’t be in the team of the week, that’s a shocking decision. He was awful for Dunk’s goal.

Did well to get the winner, but doesn’t mean he should be in the team of the week.

As for his comments on us surrounding the referee, I think you’ll find most clubs do that with those sort of tackles (although I still think the red card was soft). It started when Mourinho first went to Chelsea, and now players at all teams will try and put pressure on the officials - we won’t be the last this season.

If I was a cynical person I’d say Crooks just put Bamba in to try and take a swipe at our players for that incident.

Not a great fan of his. On the BBC... Shearer, Keown, Jenas and Murphy are a lot fairer.

Agree! :thumbright:

Wasn't Garth Crooks some kind of players representative at one point? If so, a great example...not! :?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:29 am

davids wrote:Oh Garth,

What a knobend you are.

Did you have a go at your precious Spurs when they were chasing after the referee trying to get him to send off Ralls at Wembley?

Amazingly I think you said nothing about that when it was a much less dangerous tackle than the one on Saturday.

What a prick.

If I remember correctly :old: he defended the actions of :king: kane,saying it's what you do,to defend your team mate :sleepy2: fat t*@t.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:He shouldn’t be in the team of the week, that’s a shocking decision. He was awful for Dunk’s goal.

Agree! :thumbright:

Wasn't Garth Crooks some kind of players representative at one point? If so, a great example...not! :?

he was the first black chairman of the PFA....then rolled into being the token black pundit that for some reason they can not get around to sacking despite the fact that there are now much better about..

the sauce for the goose comment is bad......Sol being in the team of the week is as bad..
despite getting a goal he managed 2 MOM votes out of 117...and a large chunk of our fans wouldn't even have him in our starting line up let alone that of a combined premier league...