Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TEQUILA!!!!!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't want to really praise rival fan chants but by f**k did I like Brightons "tequila" chant for Bissouma!!!! Could we possibly poach that and change it to "Ecule Manga"?????
Thoughts??

Re: TEQUILA!!!!!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Tried getting it going for Le Fondre years ago, but it didn't take off. :lol:

It sounded really good to be fair. We don't really have a player with a 3 syllable surname for the chant to work though. Perhaps we can use Sol Bamba for the "Tequila" bit, then his full name of Souleymane Bamba in the build up:

Souleymane Bamba,
Souleymane Bamba,
Souleymane Bamba,
Da da da da da,
Sol Bamba!

Yes, it's a Monday evening and I'm bored. :old:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:22 am

It might work still if we drop the e and say "cule manga" a little quicker?? Just trying to get more player chants going and as we already have a bamba one.
I've put out some more suggestions on the New player chant post. Check them out and see if you can get any going.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 am

Brigtons version sounded really good in all fairness and with our drums behind our version I reckon it would sound great. I think it's one for the "non chanters" to join in also as it's well known and simple

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Tried getting it going for Le Fondre years ago, but it didn't take off. :lol:

It sounded really good to be fair. We don't really have a player with a 3 syllable surname for the chant to work though. Perhaps we can use Sol Bamba for the "Tequila" bit, then his full name of Souleymane Bamba in the build up:

Souleymane Bamba,
Souleymane Bamba,
Souleymane Bamba,
Da da da da da,
Sol Bamba!

Yes, it's a Monday evening and I'm bored. :old:

why does it have to be 3 syllables...? I think the A on the end is the important bit and that Camarasa fits..?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Yes totally agree. I have put a suggestion forward for camarasa already but they are open to any ideas or changes. Just want people to get some more chants going and try some of my suggestions maybe. Get them out there. I would start but not in canton end and I believe that's the best place to begin

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22↓
New player chants
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:21 am

Couple chants here for anyone to consider. If you are canton end maybe you can kick these off and see how they fare?

Stereophonics " have a nice day"

" Harry arter, duh duh du duhh duhh, Harry arter duh duh du duhh duhh"

Oasis " don't look back in anger"

" sooo Betis can wait,
He scored our 1st goal,
As the gooners came by,
So betis can wait,
Victor Camarasa,
He's here to stay"

Rick Astley "never gonna give u up"

" never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna leave this ground,
Josh murphy"
"Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye,
Never gonna leave this ground,
Josh murphy".

Be honest. If they are crap then so be it but I think they are worth a go. Anyone wants to start them off or even change a few lyrics feel free. Need more player chants to make them feel more at home

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

can we stop stealing chants and make up our own for once

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:53 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:can we stop stealing chants and make up our own for once

tried it and it doesn't work..i think people like to actually hear a chant with other fans working...

ive mentioned shang a lang { bay city rollers } being perfect for a mendez laing chant loads of times..to no avail..

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:41 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch. If you read the post you can see I've suggested 3 that aren't "stolen". I only suggested the tequila one as it's so catchy. Most chants are "stolen" by every club anyhow. The tequila Brighton chant was done before by sutton colefield...check you tube. Let's hear some original chants from yourself rather than criticising or at least try and get some of the ones I suggested going