Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City player set to leave in January “

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Cardiff City midfielder Loic Damour drops hint that he could leave in January

He has only played 21 Premier League minutes this season and wants to play more

MONDAY 12 NOV 2018

He has only played 21 Premier League minutes this season and wants to play more

Cardiff City midfielder Loic Damour has dropped a major hint that he could leave the club in January.

The Frenchman has only played 21 Premier League minutes this season, coming on as a substitute in the games against Fulham and Liverpool after playing the full 90 in the Carabao Cup defeat to Norwich City.

He's found his playing time limited this season after the arrivals of Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa on loan — but has even been behind Jazz Richards in the central midfield pecking order.

And speaking to French media outlets, Damour sounded far from happy with his situation in South Wales and could depart in search of more regular first team football.

Damour played in the Carabao Cup defeat at home to Norwich.

"Choices were made. I was never going to leave as I have two years left on my contract," he told Foot Mercato about his decision to stick with Cardiff in the summer despite receiving offers from elsewhere.

Damour's Bluebirds contract runs until June 2019.

"It’s many players’ dream to play in the Premier League, even more so for me because of my career," he added.

"People asked about me, but I was never going to leave on loan for the Championship. I knew it would be hard, that there would be competition.

“I wasn’t a starter, but in my head, I told myself that I wouldn’t leave before at least trying.

"I’m giving everything until December, and if my situation doesn’t get better, I might have to start thinking. At 27, I need to play.

"Six months like this, it’s alright. You don’t leave without trying, but in December we’ll sit down and assess the situation.”

Damour arrived from Ligue 2 outfit Bourg-en-Bresse in the summer of 2017 on a free transfer, going on to play 29 matches in Cardiff's promotion season last term.

Whether the Bluebirds allow the 27-year-old to depart in January remains to be seen, but may depend on if they can acquire further midfield targets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City player set to leave in January “

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 pm

I have nothing against Darmour who has always given a 100% but lets be fair he is very limited and not Premier League quality. He is only ever going to be of our side if we have an injury or suspension crises in midfield. I would have thought just being in the 25 with the chance of having a few Premier League appearances was about his level at best. Surely he must have known this. I cant see any other Premier League club being remotely interested and don't suppose he would want to drop down a division so I suppose a move back to France would be the only option. If it frees up space for someone in January I, (and possibly Warnock as well), would welcome it.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:37 pm

For me, Lois Damour is one of those 'what happened?' players, as he started so well and looked to be a regular starter for the Bluebirds. I recall the Wolves away game last season where he played a huge part in dissipating the arrogance from the Wanderers support prior to the game.

I've don't think I've ever seen so many bitter fans post-match...and it was great! :thumbright: :clap: :lol:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Hasn't he just bought one of those taylor wimpy houses in wenvoe by the garden centre?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Hasn't he just bought one of those taylor wimpy houses in wenvoe by the garden centre?

Has he ?
I'd be going in completely the other direction. If I were him - Chepstow or somewhere. Never mind though, he can always sell it I expect. Can't see anyone else in the Premiership wanting to buy him though , so no idea what he's on about. It'd be a very good move for him to go to a championship club where he'd be first string and we'd always remember his past contributions with gratitude, but you can't let him play as first choice if he's not quite good enough.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Hasn't he just bought one of those taylor wimpy houses in wenvoe by the garden centre?

Has he ?
I'd be going in completely the other direction. If I were him - Chepstow or somewhere. Never mind though, he can always sell it I expect. Can't see anyone else in the Premiership wanting to buy him though , so no idea what he's on about. It'd be a very good move for him to go to a championship club where he'd be first string and we'd always remember his past contributions with gratitude, but you can't let him play as first choice if he's not quite good enough.

He lives in Wenvoe. I speak to him quite often though I'm not from that area.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:57 pm

If we are going to sign 3/4 players in January 3/4 players now in our 25 will have to leave as well as hopefully Tomlin and Pilks?
Damour,Jazz or Peltier,Connelly and Zohore/Madine is my guess?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:If we are going to sign 3/4 players in January 3/4 players now in our 25 will have to leave as well as hopefully Tomlin and Pilks?
Damour,Jazz or Peltier,Connelly and Zohore/Madine is my guess?

The only one I would keep out of your suggestions is Demour.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Hasn't really put a foot wrong for me. Aside going missing in a weak midfield at times.

He stepped in when needed against Fulham and looked very comfortable. Of he leaves then we'll need to replace him because it's an area we are very thin in.