Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Combined Cardiff Premier League teams.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I’ve seen a few posts on here in recent weeks carrying some criticism for our transfer business and debating whether we should’ve spent similar to 13/14. Not sure if this has been posted before, but here’s my combined team from both our Premier League Seasons. Its also Pre-Solskjaer just because most of these players went to shite when he came in. Anyway, feel free to discuss and tear it apart!

Marshall

Manga
Caulker
Bamba
Bennett

Medel
Gunnar
Camarasa

Bellamy
Paterson
Murphy

* Genuine tossup between Caulker and Morrison but i reckon Caulker just edges it with his ability to anticpate danger/ Bamba’s headfarts a little better

Re: Combined Cardiff Premier League teams.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm

I'd put Craig Noone up there pre relegation form, he was awesome when we were last in the prem but form gradually got worse and worse after relegation

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:I'd put Craig Noone up there pre relegation form, he was awesome when we were last in the prem but form gradually got worse and worse after relegation

Yeah i was very close to putting him in for Bellamy. That Man City away performance was brilliant, he tore Kompany apart.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:07 pm

I’d put Arter in there, probably ahead of Gunnar.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Marshall
Catherine
Manga
Caulker
Bennett
Arter
Medel
Camarasa
Bellamy
Campbell
Murphy

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:03 pm

City Slicker wrote:Marshall
Catherine
Manga
Caulker
Bennett
Arter
Medel
Camarasa
Bellamy
Campbell
Murphy

Feel bad now, forgot about Theophile-Catherine. Was a decent right back at this level.

Quick google search shows that he went to Zagreb in the summer after a good few years at Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1.

Probably one of our better full backs over the years.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Marshall
Catherine
Manga
Caulker
Bennett
Arter
Medel
Camarasa
Bellamy
Campbell
Murphy

Feel bad now, forgot about Theophile-Catherine. Was a decent right back at this level.

Quick google search shows that he went to Zagreb in the summer after a good few years at Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1.

Probably one of our better full backs over the years.

I completely disagree he was shit as he couldn’t defend my team would be

Marshall

McNaughton
Morrison
Bamba
Benett

Murphy
Gunnerson
Medel
Bellamy

Patterson
Campbell

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 am

Jordan Mutch ?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Yeah Mutch/ Arter could both easily be in but i just think this time round, after a decent World Cup, Gunnar has really shown how important he is to this side. And as for Theophile, memories of that 2-2 vs Sunderland are still pretty raw when he sent that awful clearance up the line rather than row z, which then led to their equalizer.