Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RAMSEY FOR CARDIFF CITY IF CARDIFF GENUINELY WANT

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Does he (Blakey) realise when we signed Fowler he struggled with bad fitness and a dodgy hip later on and Bellamy had dodgy knees which forced him to play 1 game a week instead of 2 in the championship and they was both in their thirties where Ramsey is 27 and shown this season what an influence he has on the Arsenal team with the array of talent they got.. the bloke wants more wages *supposedly* and probably fancies himself to still play at that level and wants that.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Could happen. Hasn’t Rambo got “I luvs the Soul Crew” tattooed on his arse...

Or did I dream that!

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:38 pm

I want some of what Blakey’s been smoking.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:On first read, I had a little chuckle at the thought od 'Rambo' coming back to the Bluebirds but then on reflection, I began to think Blakey has a point and why could it not happen...even if on loan until the end of the season?

I don't know Rambo's personal circumstances other than he is a local lad, has a young family and has recently bought a house in the area, so it might just suit him...a bit like it suited Craig Bellamy for his own reasons

Certainly worth an ask and what a coup it would be! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

bloody hell....why on earth would Arsenal loan him out....and even if they did, that would still mean a hefty loan fee and his rather large wage bill...this is not Bellamy where Citeh wanted him out of Manchester bad enough to cost them millions..

You're right, it doesn't make too much sense but football is a funny old game and let's say Arsenal can get their preferred man in the next transfer window, why not let Rambo go out to a club that's no real threat to them in the great scheme of things?

In those circumstances, Rambo is worthless in transfer fees come the end of the season and he would be a burden on their salary pot

I'm not too sure why Rambo is being let go (it seems odd) but let's not forget he's been here 'on loan' before (recovering from injury) and that Craig Bellamy was loaned out to a 'lower' team in the same way! :thumbright:

Citeh had both offers to buy and offers to loan Craig...but he refused to play ball and go anywhere other than a club that couldn't even afford a decent percentage of his wages.....don't see this happening with Ramsey or any normal person tbh……..most clubs would prefer to leave the player rot in the 3rds..

yes Arsenal could bring replacements in....does that even push him out of the 25.? and even if it does there will still be Europa league and FA cup games....just don't see how any club can just leave him go elsewhere when he is useful

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:On first read, I had a little chuckle at the thought od 'Rambo' coming back to the Bluebirds but then on reflection, I began to think Blakey has a point and why could it not happen...even if on loan until the end of the season?

I don't know Rambo's personal circumstances other than he is a local lad, has a young family and has recently bought a house in the area, so it might just suit him...a bit like it suited Craig Bellamy for his own reasons

Certainly worth an ask and what a coup it would be! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

bloody hell....why on earth would Arsenal loan him out....and even if they did, that would still mean a hefty loan fee and his rather large wage bill...this is not Bellamy where Citeh wanted him out of Manchester bad enough to cost them millions..

You're right, it doesn't make too much sense but football is a funny old game and let's say Arsenal can get their preferred man in the next transfer window, why not let Rambo go out to a club that's no real threat to them in the great scheme of things?

In those circumstances, Rambo is worthless in transfer fees come the end of the season and he would be a burden on their salary pot

I'm not too sure why Rambo is being let go (it seems odd) but let's not forget he's been here 'on loan' before (recovering from injury) and that Craig Bellamy was loaned out to a 'lower' team in the same way! :thumbright:

Citeh had both offers to buy and offers to loan Craig...but he refused to play ball and go anywhere other than a club that couldn't even afford a decent percentage of his wages.....don't see this happening with Ramsey or any normal person tbh……..most clubs would prefer to leave the player rot in the 3rds..

yes Arsenal could bring replacements in....does that even push him out of the 25.? and even if it does there will still be Europa league and FA cup games....just don't see how any club can just leave him go elsewhere when he is useful

Well, they seem 'happy' to let him go at the end of the season, so does that mean we shouldn't ask the question at all or should we give it a go?

A firm 'no' would be the expectation, but what if...? :thumbright:

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Is Sam Rean ghost writing for the echo?

What a f*cking bonkers article.

f*cking mad.

He’s been on all sorts before he wrote that.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Well, they seem 'happy' to let him go at the end of the season, so does that mean we shouldn't ask the question at all or should we give it a go?

A firm 'no' would be the expectation, but what if...? :thumbright:

hmmm....yes we could ask..
this time last season, we had players out of contract the coming summer window { happy to let go ? }....

this is a player they will have offers for in January and looking at how the ground lies at the moment { not in the 1st team } a player ideally they want to make some money from..i just dont see where a loan comes into it...

would love him here though..

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

As crazy as this is, Bellamy cane from a top premiership team to play in the championship. Will it happen? No. Can it happen? A chance is always a chance.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Reply on Fb

From a Cardiff/ Arsenal fan who has always followed both clubs and not an arm chair fan :thumbright:

Chris Walters

Ramsey's greed at arsenal cost him an extension..his demands to be treated like ozil should demonstrate that not in a million years would he join cardiff..arsenal believe they can get far better than Ramsey for the kind of money he was demanding in excess of 12 million in wages..

so why would city pay 12 million in wages plus transfer fee of 30 million for a guy who is no world beater..and arsenal fans are not at all worried about him leaving just that Wenger cost them another transfer fee by not tying Ramsey down a year ago..this can never happen a loan is of no interest to the player... besides money Ramsey believes he is a top 5 player

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Ramsey is right though, he should be on similar money as Ozil. Arsenal are taking the piss and he's right to hold firm. I personally think he'll end up somewhere like Milan. Not a chance he's coming back to us.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

I 100% agree with blakey. I asked warnock to sign Yaya toure and asked bamba to have a word about signing his fellow countryman. Obviously it never happened but I firmly believed it would have worked. When you can get a player of that calibre on a free wages are not such an issue especially if it raises a clubs profile and the players around them.

I agree it sounds crazy but Ramsey is a Cardiff boy through and through. He only lives 20 mins from the stadium and travels by helicopter to arsenal and back. His missus family are in Caerphilly so I cant see a move abroad making them happy. When you look at everything it's not as far fetched as people may think.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 pm

That's all very well, but would he get in our team?0

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Of course

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 pm

BLUEMUN

We would have to run him through a few test how many keep upees can he do would he have a problem playing in blue again etc.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 am

If we had that sort of money to play with I think we could do a lot better than Ramsey. I'm not as excited about him as some people apparently are, and I can't see that he's that fantastic as to worth such a massive effort .
If we want to aim high we'd be better off with Troy Deney.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply on Fb

From a Cardiff/ Arsenal fan who has always followed both clubs and not an arm chair fan :thumbright:

Chris Walters

Ramsey's greed at arsenal cost him an extension..his demands to be treated like ozil should demonstrate that not in a million years would he join cardiff..arsenal believe they can get far better than Ramsey for the kind of money he was demanding in excess of 12 million in wages..

so why would city pay 12 million in wages plus transfer fee of 30 million for a guy who is no world beater..and arsenal fans are not at all worried about him leaving just that Wenger cost them another transfer fee by not tying Ramsey down a year ago..this can never happen a loan is of no interest to the player... besides money Ramsey believes he is a top 5 player

more like Ozils greed is causing disharmony only half and half scarf don't get it.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:47 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:If we had that sort of money to play with I think we could do a lot better than Ramsey. I'm not as excited about him as some people apparently are, and I can't see that he's that fantastic as to worth such a massive effort .
If we want to aim high we'd be better off with Troy Deney.

Who?

The only reason we are thinking we could someone like a Ramsey (we can’t) is because of his history at the club.

He would be amazing for us and worth the money.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 am

Just seen a lady at howells school pushing a twin pram.
Coincidence ?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 am

I rate this as being as realistic as the chances of Messi & Ronaldo joining us in January. Doubt if top class players are desperate to come to Cardiff to compete at the bottom end of the PL.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:09 am

I don't think a top six team would take him now, I would have thought he will get a club like Everton?

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:11 am

Stringfellow wrote:As crazy as this is, Bellamy cane from a top premiership team to play in the championship. Will it happen? No. Can it happen? A chance is always a chance.

He was probably a better player, but he had a few more moves before he came to City. A move to a big club like Everton now and then we would have more of a chance in three years, that would be more realistic.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:43 am

If reports are true, Bayern Munich got his signature before Blakey had a word with Vincent :( :(

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:54 am

Bayern Munich winning the race to sign Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal —

By Dominic Booth

Thursday 15th November 2018

Bayern Munich are closing in on the signature of Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal, according to reports.

The Welshman sees his contract expire in the summer and has attracted interest from Liverpool, Manchester United and a host of clubs in Italy's Serie A.

But the Independent now claim German giants Bayern are confident they have fought off competitors to land the Arsenal and Wales star on a lucrative contract.

Ramsey, they report, is expected to sign a long-term deal with the Bundesliga champions beginning at the start of next season.

Aaron Ramsey will leave Arsenal at the end of the season
Bayern have had a stuttering start to the campaign as they look to defend their Bundesliga title for a sixth consecutive time.

Manager Niko Kovac is under pressure but the club's hierarchy want a new influx of players to replenish the squad.

They are reportedly interested in Ante Rebic and Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt, but after signing German midfield starlet Leon Goretzka from Schalke in the summer, they're prepared to offer Ramsey a similar deal to rejuvenate the spin of their side.

A new Arsenal contract looks unlikely for Ramsey after the Gunners spent big on keeping Mesut Ozil at the club earlier this year.

The Welshman would join international teammate Gareth Bale in going abroad and playing for one of Europe's biggest clubs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Looks like Bayern have pipped us to the post. :lol:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Surprised Bayen want him, apparently he's only good enough for Everton :roll:

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Love to have him back but come on! We couldn't afford his wages unless he took a pay cut! Bare in mind he wanted the same salary as ozil! If we signed it would be a massive sign off intent. Maybe a cheeky loan bid. :D

Spot On :thumbup: