O/T Brexit & Theresa May

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Brexit & Theresa May

Postby Lengee » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:25 am

Tories set up a BREXIT referendum to sort out splits in their party.

They get an OUT VOTE against what their leaders wanted.

The Prime Minister and key members of his government resign.

A messy leadership battle results in May becoming leader.

They continue to in fight for a couple of years and snipe behind her back..Along the way various members of the Cabinet leaving. Like rats leaving a sinking ship! Many concerned with trying to become leader more than uninterested of the country.

Now the second Credit Secretary resigns on the very day the OUT deal is being presented. We will have right wing dangerous Tories sniffing a chance of leadership.

What an utter shambolic mess. :shock: :shock:
Lengee

O/T Brexit & Theresa May

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CHAOS

Postby fred keenor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:28 am

5 resignations at this moment.
Cameron , what a mess you created.
fred keenor

Postby City Slicker » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Raab C Brexit resigned, cue Tory meltdown :happy1:
City Slicker

Postby Bluebina » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Michel Barnier and Donald Tusk love it and are trying to push it through as quickly as possible, which means it is an absolutely shit deal for us !!!

Looks like it will be a No deal and a New PM by April !!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:Michel Barnier and Donald Tusk love it and are trying to push it through as quickly as possible, which means it is an absolutely shit deal for us !!!

Get Warnock in he would sort em out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Re: O/T Brexit & Theresa May

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Will not be shocked if a vote of no confidence in May is passed before tomorrow.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Jock » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Michel Barnier and Donald Tusk love it and are trying to push it through as quickly as possible, which means it is an absolutely shit deal for us !!!

Get Warnock in he would sort em out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not if it means May gets the City job. :o
Jock

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Lengee wrote:Tories set up a BREXIT referendum to sort out splits in their party.

They get an OUT VOTE against what their leaders wanted.

The Prime Minister and key members of his government resign.

A messy leadership battle results in May becoming leader.

They continue to in fight for a couple of years and snipe behind her back..Along the way various members of the Cabinet leaving. Like rats leaving a sinking ship! Many concerned with trying to become leader more than uninterested of the country.

Now the second Credit Secretary resigns on the very day the OUT deal is being presented. We will have right wing dangerous Tories sniffing a chance of leadership.

What an utter shambolic mess. :shock: :shock:

THEY get an out vote....a hell of a lot of people and politicians who are not Tories wanted and voted out..
as for snipe behind her back.....this topic is divisive in every political party...

would be no different which ever party was in government with in fighting and ministers resigning on principal..

or are you suggesting there is a party out there united on brexit that has ministers with no principals.?
dogfound

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 pm

The issue is that as a country we are not unified in a love of the giant burocractic monster called the European Union. We may like being friends and working together but in my experience most people don't like the formal union.
That's what came out in the referendum. Problem is most of the politicians are so firmly entrenched in wanting that monster. Gives them more places to go when national politics gets boring and means they can defer blame easily when they cock up. They are fighting tooth and nail to keep us in Hence the poor excuse of a fudge we have now.
welshrarebit

Postby Bananas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Stupid Welsh voters voting for English political parties and stupid so called 'Brexit' Wales needs to be independent as part of a strong Europe, not part of the stupid English system and it's sponging so called 'royals'

Roll on Independence for our great country Wales. :ayatollah: Its not if, it's when :old: :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby stevee1966 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Bananas wrote:Stupid Welsh voters voting for English political parties and stupid so called 'Brexit' Wales needs to be independent as part of a strong Europe, not part of the stupid English system and it's sponging so called 'royals'

Roll on Independence for our great country Wales. :ayatollah: Its not if, it's when :old: :thumbup:

I wouldn't trust Carwyn and the rest of the Senydd numpties to run the country, to make our own laws, or to decided on how to spend our money.

F@@k Welsh independence.
stevee1966

Postby Jock » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Bananas wrote:Stupid Welsh voters voting for English political parties and stupid so called 'Brexit' Wales needs to be independent as part of a strong Europe, not part of the stupid English system and it's sponging so called 'royals'

Bwhahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jock

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:42 pm

welshrarebit wrote:The issue is that as a country we are not unified in a love of the giant burocractic monster called the European Union. We may like being friends and working together but in my experience most people don't like the formal union.
That's what came out in the referendum. Problem is most of the politicians are so firmly entrenched in wanting that monster. Gives them more places to go when national politics gets boring and means they can defer blame easily when they cock up. They are fighting tooth and nail to keep us in Hence the poor excuse of a fudge we have now.

Yes probably this is what was agreed long time ago call it brexit but will still be attached by handcuffs with no key! We just tell them we are leaving full stop that will scare the pants off them all! instead junker ect ect are laughing their arses off at our capitulation . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Rather than laughing it's more of a snug smile and nod to the political elite here.

Brand everyone racist. Then tell them all they were too stupid to know what they voted for. Humiliate them with obtuse"negotiations" until they beg to come back. Standard eu politicing.

Trouble is. It's not just the conservative party that is split. Many labour voters want out too. Staying in forcibly will do nothing for unity and we will still have half the population wanting out. No one complained the Welsh assembly referendum had a small majority
welshrarebit

Postby noisycat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Why do we have to pay £39 billion to leave? For once I agree with Trump, tell them to f..k off or even sue THEM.
noisycat

Postby Bananas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:41 pm

stevee1966 wrote:

I wouldn't trust Carwyn and the rest of the Senydd numpties to run the country, to make our own laws, or to decided on how to spend our money.

F@@k Welsh independence.

I rest my case and point proved.
Bananas

Postby wez1927 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 pm

I think ots been a stitch ip from the start
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 pm

welshrarebit wrote:The issue is that as a country we are not unified in a love of the giant burocractic monster called the European Union. We may like being friends and working together but in my experience most people don't like the formal union.

Or maybe it can't actually be delivered because it's all a pipe dream by Boris and all the back bench political charlatans.

Everything we do in daily life and all the supply chains are so deeply in trenches in EU law that picking them apart will hugely affect jobs and the economic safety of the UK.

But hey, sovereignty and all that archaic nationalist bullshit are much more important than people's lively hoods.
captbirdseye

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 pm

noisycat wrote:Why do we have to pay £39 billion to leave? For once I agree with Trump, tell them to f..k off or even sue THEM.

https://qz.com/1134703/brexit-divorce-b ... -to-leave/
CityBlue93

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Yes, gross impertinence to want to be in charge of your own destiny.

Once we’ve left the eu, we’ll scrap the senedd. Right load of gobbledygog...
rumpo kid

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:11 pm

captbirdseye wrote:

Or maybe it can't actually be delivered because it's all a pipe dream by Boris and all the back bench political charlatans.

Everything we do in daily life and all the supply chains are so deeply in trenches in EU law that picking them apart will hugely affect jobs and the economic safety of the UK.

But hey, sovereignty and all that archaic nationalist bullshit are much more important than people's lively hoods.

scaremongering......in my life time Germany has been re united....czechoslovakia has become 2 countries....the USSR became god knows how many , a war in Yugoslavia resulting in how many new states....plus more countries gaining independence than you can shake a stick at.....yet us leaving the EU is impossible..
its not
dogfound

Postby moonboots » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Yes, gross impertinence to want to be in charge of your own destiny.

I'd rather scrap Westminster. A right load of totally incompetent idiots....as we are now seeing.
moonboots

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think ots been a stitch ip from the start

With you on this wez carry on with we are leaving line knowing full well that at end day we will still be attached by handcuffs to EU? How's else can you interprete fact that if backstop is required as it would be no doubt, we cannot leave EU without them saying we can! So now EU leaders say can it change what's been agreed so it's a case of take what's done , stay in EU, or leave with no deal
We are screwed basically :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

moonboots wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Yes, gross impertinence to want to be in charge of your own destiny.

I'd rather scrap Westminster. A right load of totally incompetent idiots....as we are now seeing.

Westminster aint great...but seriously what on earth is the WA about...there was no ground swell of demand for it..74% did not vote for it. and since its been there its just been an expensive mistake nobody cares about..
dogfound

Postby captbirdseye » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
captbirdseye wrote:

scaremongering......in my life time Germany has been re united....czechoslovakia has become 2 countries....the USSR became god knows how many , a war in Yugoslavia resulting in how many new states....plus more countries gaining independence than you can shake a stick at.....yet us leaving the EU is impossible..
its not

More massive self harm than impossible which is all based on some miss guided idea of nationalism.

People expecting a decent deal to be done in 2 years with 40 years worth of EU legislation, now that's impsossible. But hey, Rees and his cronies will blame the evil EU now so it all plays into their hands.
captbirdseye

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Westminster aint great...but seriously what on earth is the WA about...there was no ground swell of demand for it..74% did not vote for it. and since its been there its just been an expensive mistake nobody cares about..

Didn't the '97 devolution vote go in favour of an assembly? what's the 74% you're referring to here?
CityBlue93

Postby lisvaneblue » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
moonboots wrote:

As they say ...that's democracy
Remember that our own Welsh Assembly Government was formed by a referendum with a 50% turnout and a margin for it of only 0.6%...Yes 0.6%
But we go with it because that's democracy

A 2% margin to leave the EU, (much larger than that in Wales where I think it was 0.6%,) and we find it a hard pill to swallow and complain like hell
lisvaneblue

Postby Towser » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Bananas wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

F@@k Welsh independence.

I rest my case and point proved.

Whilst I don’t share your views this is a classic!!!
Towser

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:10 pm

What a mess !!! Can't wait for Question Time - Going to have a field day !!

This Country :roll:
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:23 pm

lisvaneblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
moonboots wrote:

As they say ...that's democracy
Remember that our own Welsh Assembly Government was formed by a referendum with a 50% turnout and a margin for it of only 0.6%...Yes 0.6%
But we go with it because that's democracy

A 2% margin to leave the EU, (much larger than that in Wales where I think it was 6%,) and we find it a hard pill to swallow and complain like hell

Yes was close and it was Cardiff with last vote that gave us wag so can blame us for lining Welsh politicians pockets .... :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat