Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Brexit & Theresa May

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:10 am

and there it ends....
didnt quite make a ten pager but defo changed my mind on brexit .and gravity. :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 am

dogfound wrote:and there it ends....
didnt quite make a ten pager but defo changed my mind on brexit .and gravity. :lol: :lol:

Good ! All great fun i hope, and we should do more of that really, but on the other hand we mustn't stray too far and too often from football. Maybe the forum admin might consider a different category for people to talk bollocks like this in between games?
Do you think I should start a thread about the Sasquatch mystery ?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Good ! All great fun i hope, and we should do more of that really, but on the other hand we mustn't stray too far and too often from football. Maybe the forum admin might consider a different category for people to talk bollocks like this in between games?

not really, its much better when the nuttiness just appears out of nowhere..
a Brexit thread that ends in gravity denial . :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

not really, its much better when the nuttiness just appears out of nowhere..
a Brexit thread that ends in gravity denial . :lol:

Yeah okay. What if I casually mention on a thread about our midfield that Harry Arter is the rightful king of the Ancient kingdom of Brega ? Would that work better ?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Clarity at last!
Having spent 2 years saying "no deal is better than a bad deal" for the UK.
Today our Chancellor and Prime Minister confirm
Infact a bad deal is better than no deal!
AND staying in the EEC would be the best for the UK economy.

NOTE that is now "our" governments view!

You could not make it up :laughing5: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Lengee wrote:Clarity at last!

May is a remainer, she’s keeping us in the EU, just without a vote on EU matters but still paying billions in.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Lengee wrote:Clarity at last!

well yes you could actually...the prime minister is a remainer.

although you being shocked does explain your previous posts...

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Treasury forecast - only a complete buffoon would believe any of that balderdash.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm quite concerned that the machine seems to be going into overdrive today trying to frustrate the democratic vote and find a last minute reason to remain under foreign rule .

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:04 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm quite concerned that the machine seems to be going into overdrive today trying to frustrate the democratic vote and find a last minute reason to remain under foreign rule .

I've been saying for a long time that we will not be leaving the EU. She has deliberately engineered a deal that she knows will never be be accepted with the result being that the referendum and everything that has happened since will have been a waste of time and money. She is a remainer, has no wishes to see the UK leave the EU, and will do all in her power to make sure this never happens. She may fool some of the more gullible people, but it does'nt take much imagination to see what she is really about.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm quite concerned that the machine seems to be going into overdrive today trying to frustrate the democratic vote and find a last minute reason to remain under foreign rule .

I've been saying for a long time that we will not be leaving the EU. She has deliberately engineered a deal that she knows will never be be accepted with the result being that the referendum and everything that has happened since will have been a waste of time and money. She is a remainer, has no wishes to see the UK leave the EU, and will do all in her power to make sure this never happens. She may fool some of the more gullible people, but it does'nt take much imagination to see what she is really about.

The kind of Brexit you guys would like is only represented by a smallish minority anyway.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I agree, and it's refreshing that this is equally obvious to you Steve. The thing is though that I didn't think they'd actually try and pull it off. Lesser criminals than politicians often concoct wild schemes and strategies amongst themselves whilst they're on bail awaiting trial and convince themselves and each other that it'll all be okay, but in the cold light of day they usually don't even try their stupid bloody story in front of a jury.
You can see these corrupt politicians doing the same thing quite often - speculating about his they can get round democracy by claiming that Donald Trump is mad and impeaching him - bringing back Tony Blair to win a landslide election and persuade us all to stay in the EU etc etc ad inf. However, like their less successful criminal counterparts who merely rob banks they generally shrink from such outrageous shenanigans when it comes to it, realising that it won't ultimately work and that the consequences are potentially catostrophic for them.
My worry is that they almost seem as if they're actually going to try this one and, initially anyway, carry out a grave abuse of the electoral and democratic system.
Of course, such an action would carry a very plausible risk of serious public disorder , civil disobedience and potentially much worse , yet I'm beginning to wonder whether their hubris and megalomania has brought them to a point where they think they might get away with it.
History tells you that there are only two ways of deciding on matters of government and nationality. One is democracy and the other does not bear thinking about. We have known this for a very long time and that is why we have understood the vital importance of respecting the popular vote, yet I begin to suspect that they imagine they might cheat this process and obtain a different outcome from others who have attempted it in the past.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

The kind of Brexit you guys would like is only represented by a smallish minority anyway.

come off it. the majority voted to leave the European Union, nobody voted leave thinking it would be half and half and all those oting remain while predicting the world would end and the return of the dinosaurs if we voted leave thought so either..

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

come off it. the majority voted to leave the European Union, nobody voted leave thinking it would be half and half and all those oting remain while predicting the world would end and the return of the dinosaurs if we voted leave thought so either..

Ah,I should have been more specific sorry.I was talking about the Conservative Party and Parliament.I know the country voted to leave but I don't think you'll find any opinion by those in parliament willing to sign up to any deal that would see a boarder return between NI and Southern Ireland.That alone underlines the lack of thought behind the question asked at the referendum.Of couse,all this are just my observations of where it all stands at the moment but it does underline the huge cock-up made by Cameron when considering how best to appease the Tory right wing.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ah,I should have been more specific sorry.I was talking about the Conservative Party and Parliament.I know the country voted to leave but I don't think you'll find any opinion by those in parliament willing to sign up to any deal that would see a boarder return between NI and Southern Ireland.That alone underlines the lack of thought behind the question asked at the referendum.Of couse,all this are just my observations of where it all stands at the moment but it does underline the huge cock-up made by Cameron when considering how best to appease the Tory right wing.

Both Vardaker and Junkers are on record stating under no circumstances, deal or no deal,will there be a hard border in Ireland. It’s a red herring and we’ve been played.
Cameron was “appeasing” the growing clamour for Brexit and was already losing votes to UKIP.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Both Vardaker and Junkers are on record stating under no circumstances, deal or no deal,will there be a hard border in Ireland. It’s a red herring and we’ve been played.
Cameron was “appeasing” the growing clamour for Brexit and was already losing votes to UKIP.

I see what your saying but just try and sell that to the unionists,let alone the rest of parliament.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Ah,I should have been more specific sorry.I was talking about the Conservative Party and Parliament.I know the country voted to leave but I don't think you'll find any opinion by those in parliament willing to sign up to any deal that would see a boarder return between NI and Southern Ireland.That alone underlines the lack of thought behind the question asked at the referendum.Of couse,all this are just my observations of where it all stands at the moment but it does underline the huge cock-up made by Cameron when considering how best to appease the Tory right wing.[/quote]

Dont see what the fuss is all about - weve has a common travel arrangement with the Irish pre EEC..

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I just don't see who is going to be happy...if she gets it through its not Brexit , if she does not we could well end up with another referendum.....and either way democracy in this country is hugely damaged if not over.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I just don't see who is going to be happy...if she gets it through its not Brexit , if she does not we could well end up with another referendum.....and either way democracy in this country is hugely damaged if not over.

Well,if you ever thought the leave question would be executed exactly how it was written(and many voted thus)then you will be disappointed.The hard line Brexiteers have spunked too early being weakened by not getting enough letters to force a vote of no confidence in the PM.As I see it at the moment the hard right of the Tory MP's are hoping the govm. will be defeated as seems likely then maybe Boris and co.could force a leadership election.I've never ever seen the Tories in such open disarray and if they can't carry themselves then how can they carry the country?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Well,if you ever thought the leave question would be executed exactly how it was written(and many voted thus)then you will be disappointed.The hard line Brexiteers have spunked too early being weakened by not getting enough letters to force a vote of no confidence in the PM.As I see it at the moment the hard right of the Tory MP's are hoping the govm. will be defeated as seems likely then maybe Boris and co.could force a leadership election.I've never ever seen the Tories in such open disarray and if they can't carry themselves then how can they carry the country?

I don't disagree about the Tories but Labours non comital every option is still on the table stance with different shadow ministers saying different things hardly fills me with confidence that they might have the answers either..
its a real cluster f@@@ and will be for some time to come..

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 am

Is this live debate going ahead this Sunday ??

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

I don't know. Also, if she was genuinely wanting to debate surely May should be challenging one of the No Deal hard Brexit proponents in her own party. E.g. Boris J. At present she wants MPs to support her on the basis her deal is better than a no deal. If her OWN party supported her then she would have no problem.
IMHO she knows she will lose the vote but is considering a general election where she stays as leader.She is engaged in a "UK Brexit tour" which is more like an electioneering campaign. She then thinks she can rubbish Corbyn on TV and glean more support. She should come over better than Corbyn on Brexit as she has been embroiled in arguing about it for 2 years! (also I and most people have little faith in Corbyn either).
Then May loses the vote and deflects the blame onto Labour and other parties.....Bingo an election - which the Tories win and she remains. However what actually happens??..what a mess...your guess is as good as mine!
Anyway Come on the Bluebirds tonight :thumbup: :bluebird:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:21 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

For some democracy is only applicable if the result gives the answer they want? :shock:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 am

They are edging that way aren't they, it's day to day at the moment, no one really has a clue what will happen, but that what more than half of the MP's want.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am

We’re still leaving in March regardless.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

rumpo kid wrote:We’re still leaving in March regardless.

Off you go then!!

#welshandeuropean

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Bananas wrote:

Off you go then!!

#welshandeuropean

:laughing5: :laughing5: :thumbup:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

For some democracy is only applicable if the result gives the answer they want? :shock:

Spot on mate, sadly it appears democracy is a thing of the past in this country.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Bananas wrote:

Off you go then!!

#welshandeuropean

Hates the English but happy to be ruled by Frogs and Krauts.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Jock wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Off you go then!!

#welshandeuropean

Hates the English but happy to be ruled by Frogs and Krauts.

That sums you up really ...... :roll: