THE DAY WE CAME OF AGE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE DAY WE CAME OF AGE

Postby Whistler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:30 am

The date was 9th June 2016 and its nothing to do with brexit.it was the day we stepped out of the shadow of the EGG.

We all turned up at Bordeaux to start seeing the building of the great RED WALL ( the Welsh Version). There were absolutely thousands of us, it seamed that half of Wales were there, all decked out in red. it was the start of the great Welsh football experience of which none of us had ever experienced. To many of us it was all the Christmas's and birthdays rolled into one.

I remember getting into the stadium and thinking WOW WOW WOW, and as an old git of 60 years i was bowled over. having bumped into a number of guys I knew from my days of trundling all over Wales as a referee, all of us were like exited school kids. But that was only the start of of it.

I traveled all over France to have the footballing time of my life, even if my visa card is still recovering! I will always cherish that month being lost in France. Anyway, my message to Baley, Rambo, Ben, Hennessy and the new kids on the block, come on give an old man another present and lets have another Europe adventure even if we are all supported to be coming out of Europe

:bluescarf: :occasion5: :old:
Whistler

THE DAY WE CAME OF AGE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE DAY WE CAME OF AGE

Postby pengamblue » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 am

Great Post M8
pengamblue

Re: THE DAY WE CAME OF AGE

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Was in Bordeaux for 6 days..great time and managed to get a couple of tickets for the game from a Slovakian on the morning of the match

Very surprised how friendly the people of Bordeaux were..conclusive proof even if you travel in huge numbers as long as you behave yourselves you will be welcomed by the locals

Made some great new friends I am still in touch with 2 years later
oohahhPaulMillar

Return to General Chat