Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Concerned after that performance tonight. Doesn’t look as if

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Concerned after that performance tonight. Doesn’t look as if Giggs is learning from his mistakes. There’s so much pace and talent in this squad. There’s also, of course, a rawness, so some inconsistency is to be expected but performances so often seem shapeless & unpredictable.

Re: Concerned after that performance tonight. Doesn’t look a

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Giggs formation is the issue Bale needs to be up top with Brooks Lawrence and Rambo behind him!

That Roberts upfront for al he tries to do is about as useful as a wet match stick

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 am

Wolfpac wrote:Giggs formation is the issue Bale needs to be up top with Brooks Lawrence and Rambo behind him!

That Roberts upfront for al he tries to do is about as useful as a wet match stick

Agree bale played defensive right midfield spending most time inside own half until 15 mins into 2nd half where he went central up top andvthats where he needs to be up the park! Unfortunately tonight the two forced subs didn't help giggs as it curtailed any plans to change things, early days but he needs to be more positive , we spent to much time playing in front of them making it easy for them to defend instead of playing behind them to push them back the 1st goal always looked probable surprised it took so long.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:00 am

Also agree. We have one of the best attacking players on the planet. Denmark were overjoyed seeing him playing so far away from their goal.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Giggs formation is the issue Bale needs to be up top with Brooks Lawrence and Rambo behind him!

Agree with you entirely about Roberts. The kid is young. He may come good but he was out of his depth last night. Cant understand why it took Giggs nearly 70 minutes to see this. He should have changed it at half time. Vokes may not be the most mobile of players but he is probably the best header of the ball in the Premier League- we put some decent crosses in last night- and can hold the ball up for the likes of Ramsey, Brookes and Lawrence. And yet he spent 90 minutes getting sitting on the bench. Crazy.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm

I'm not concerned, I'm excited. Giggs is building a new side , introducing new young outstanding talent that I can't remember us having as options in numbers in my 50 odd years as a football fan.
He played under the best manager for most of his career , who built 3 or 4 different sides, so I'm confident he'll get it right. The football is exciting, I except he has made mistakes and think he will continue to do so. I'm keeping the faith and anticipating good times ahead.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Bale needs to be up top with Brooks Lawrence and Rambo behind him!

Christ that's exciting - prefer Wilson to Lawrence though. Something like

--------------------- Bale -------------------------

----- Brooks ----- Rambo ------Wilson -------

----------- Ampadu --------Allen ---------------

Davies ------- Williams-- Chester -------Roberts

------------------ Hennesy ----------------------

Might ship a few goals but would terrorise defences!

:ayatollah:

(ayatollah dedicated to Ashley Williams)