Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Was Ashley Williams out of order? “

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:29 pm

If he had been walking into the ground and actual physical, living, breathing City fans did it to him, at a Wales game, then the fans would be mugs.

But.....

IT WAS AN INANIMATE PHOTO ON THE WALL OF THE CARDIFF CITY STADIUM.

He's the mug and pretty brainless for a grown man.

His recent behaviour has shown him to be idiotic though. He needs to beware of the Caulker / McCormack affect instead of belittling paying fans.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Disrespectful and down right silly but so were the CCFC fans to him over the Years he seemed to be singled out for more abuse than any other Swansea player whenever we played them and for the life of me l couldn’t see why

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:55 pm

The real mug is a pro footballer making a comment like that right in front of the cameras. Pea-Brained Brummie.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:41 pm

fred keenor wrote:jford@faw.co.uk

CEO email address Mr ford.

Worth an email to complain.

No you fanny.

It wasn’t directed at fans, it was other players.

Stop being so fluffy. It’s football city fans are turning in to an embarrassing bunch of fluffy victims. Lol.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Cardiff is your capital you disrespectful prick. f**k off back to England if you don't like it.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:

No you fanny.

Stop being so fluffy. It’s football city fans are turning in to an embarrassing bunch of fluffy victims. Lol.

It was an embarrassment seeing the Welsh captain mocking the club while playing up to the cameras.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:14 pm

A total idiot strip him of he captaincy the man's an idiot

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Even Wales online has taken it up

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:33 pm

fred keenor wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:

I agree.
No you fanny.

It was an embarrassment seeing the Welsh captain mocking the club while playing up to the cameras.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm

A total idiot strip him of he captaincy the man's an idiot

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:15 pm

He’s a tit.
Toghether Stronger is a joke
Jacks will have to look after their shoulders once again especially at away games thanks to him.
Cardiff fans will slaghter him at all wales games from now on :bluebird:

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Foolish fella, I watched Bellamy on The Debate last night saying the players and fans have a unique bond and a commitment to Gary Speed's legacy.
Then the Captain is heard to call a section of the fans mugs.
I don't mind that he wasn't born in Wales or the fact that he is a Jack but to alienate a section of the fans by what he said is unforgivable to me.
He is obvioualy struggling at international level now anyway, time to step aside.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Surely he had seen that picture before ? What an odd comment to make ?
:?

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Family stand ultra wrote:Foolish fella, I watched Bellamy on The Debate last night saying the players and fans have a unique bond and a commitment to Gary Speed's legacy.
Then the Captain is heard to call a section of the fans mugs.
I don't mind that he wasn't born in Wales or the fact that he is a Jack but to alienate a section of the fans by what he said is unforgivable to me.
He is obvioualy struggling at international level now anyway, time to step aside.

He wasn’t talking about the fans. Have you not seen the clip or read the thread??

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:08 pm

I've seen the clip and he says "look at those mugs doing the ayotollah" I took it he was looking at a picture or photograph of Cardiff City fans.
If that is the case it does not matter whether there were fans there or not as it has been filmed and his attitude towards some Welsh fans has now been witnessed.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

I'm assuming he was talking about pictures of Cardiff City players doing the ayatollah. Whether he was talking about Cardiff City players or fans is irrelevant, he was disrespectful to Cardiff City and when you disrespect a football club, you disrespect everyone associated with that football club.

Add the fact we are the capital city of the country he represents, our home games are played in Cardiff and the majority of Welsh fans who travel the world supporting him are Cardiff fans, there shouldn't be any alternative other than to strip Ashley of the captaincy and show him the door. His comment shows he is no longer 100% committed to representing our country and completely goes against our "Together Stronger" bond that's brought us so much success over recent years.

He's been on the decline since the Euros anyway and after showing he no longer wants to be a part of our "Together Stronger" ethos, I think it's time for him to step aside and allow someone else to step in who is 100% committed to representing his country.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:25 pm

He's a Jack arsehole.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... soo touchy... probably knew the camera was there and was just having a bit of banter. Our fans seem to be kicking off at the slightest inkind thing about our club.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

All jacks are bastards end off (wanker )

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Back to how it was supporting Wales home and away, then we can see who the mugs are :bluebird:

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm

I guess we won’t be seeing many jacks around Europe now for the next few years, like before the euros and all that..., :lol:
Clever boy ash :notworthy:

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:28 pm

bluebird04 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... soo touchy... probably knew the camera was there and was just having a bit of banter. Our fans seem to be kicking off at the slightest inkind thing about our club.

Totally agree we going from one of the most feared fans to a bunch of super sensitive fairies. (Some at least not all of us) that’s the lefties for you.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm

I think people are getting ridiculous in taking offence at every little thing like this . I think he's a bit of a tosser and I'm certainly not interested in watching any team he's part of, but complaining about him ???
The proportional response would be the "shelvey treatment "( although I never approved of shelvey getting it ) when Southampton play at Cardiff City.
Incidentally , for the hard of thinking here, that doesn't mean chucking stuff , just vocal harangueing

Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 pm

bluebird04 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... soo touchy... probably knew the camera was there and was just having a bit of banter. Our fans seem to be kicking off at the slightest inkind thing about our club.

I would usually agree, the world has become to sensitive.

However when you get in a position of leadership you have to act accordingly. This is not how the captain of Wales should behave.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Disrespectful c**t! How dare he call any fan a mug laughing while he says it arrogant tw*t! He ll be getting some abuse from me on the next welsh game everytime he touches the ball he’s having some.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm

He’s an overrated bellend anyway.

It’s understandable Swansea players hate Cardiff, but representing Wales is another story. He’s representing a country which is mainly made up of Cardiff fans who pay their hard earned cash to follow Wales around the world and support that absolute that waste of space.

You leave local derbies at the door when putting the Wales shirt on. Wanker.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I would usually agree, the world has become to sensitive.

However when you get in a position of leadership you have to act accordingly. This is not how the captain of Wales should behave.

My feelings exactly, I hate the PC world as it is so sensitive. Some MP was Upset because his accent was mocked. Ffs honestly. But I agree he’s captain of wales, what a stupid thing to say. I into ally I thought it was towards fans who had done ayatollah and at that time I thought idiot fans and idiot for being Bated. Later found out that wasn’t the case. That will be the start to the end of his wales career. Absolute clown. For me it’s together stronger, sadly he’s now started a divide.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:33 am

I am an ipswich fan with Welsh parents and a dad who supports Cardiff so come on here as I have a soft spot and genuine interest in Cardiff and Wales. His comments are obviously just a bit of banter. There’s no story and I am surprised that some people are upset by this. Us football fans are the biggest Mickey takers going - when did we all get so sensitive.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:32 am

yes, a former swansea player laughing at cardiff city doing the ayatollah is a huge deal because joe allen joined in with the smirking. It is a shame that ashley williams done this because the match is about our country not club. And obviously why is he giggling with Allen when they are playing championship football and Cardiff are Premier League.

We as a nation should be united as a country NOT a club. Terrible from Ashley and Joe Allen

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

Does this mean he is also calling Gunter and Ramsay mugs too? His own team mates .
What a complete fool lol