Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maupay deal anyone?

Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I insist upon watching Cardiff City on a Saturday afternoon. It's part of my regime at the weekend and I'm very resistant to change of any kind.
Imagine my dissapointment then to discover that they weren't even playing today ! I telephoned both Vincent Tan and the manager ,but both refused to take my calls - adding rudeness to unreliability . Well, I say that, but perhaps I'm being unfair on Mr. Mackay because some northern chap who picked up claimed that he doesn't work there anymore.

Anyway - enough of such bollocks - I watched last years game against Brentford instead and carefully watched Neal Maupay in much more detail than I ordinarily would have and it convinced me that he'd actually fit in very well here - in fact looking at his preferred run through approach I could see him linking up fantastically with Harry Arter because he seems to thrive upon the sort of balls which Arter plays.

How to do it then ?
Well Brentford are not doing that well right now, although I think their fans would go nuts to lose their top scorer, so what about this - We either buy or loan with a buy option regarding Maupay, but in a sort of part ex inducement we loan them Madine and Tomlin and continue to make up their wages ( which we've got to pay anyway) for the rest of the season.
Both are players who can thrive in the Championship and possibly reignite their careers, potential and value . They'd bolster Brentfords efforts to climb back up the table and we'd get a half decent striker for less outlay than we might expect to shell out, freeing up more funds for other players in January .

Re: Maupay deal

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I insist upon watching Cardiff City on a Saturday afternoon. It's part of my regime at the weekend and I'm very resistant to change of any kind.
Imagine my dissapointment then to discover that they weren't even playing today ! I telephoned both Vincent Tan and the manager ,but both refused to take my calls - adding rudeness to unreliability . Well, I say that, but perhaps I'm being unfair on Mr. Mackay because some northern chap who picked up claimed that he doesn't work there anymore.

Anyway - enough of such bollocks - I watched last years game against Brentford instead and carefully watched Neal Maupay in much more detail than I ordinarily would have and it convinced me that he'd actually fit in very well here - in fact looking at his preferred run through approach I could see him linking up fantastically with Harry Arter because he seems to thrive upon the sort of balls which Arter plays.

How to do it then ?
Well Brentford are not doing that well right now, although I think their fans would go nuts to lose their top scorer, so what about this - We either buy or loan with a buy option regarding Maupay, but in a sort of part ex inducement we loan them Madine and Tomlin and continue to make up their wages ( which we've got to pay anyway) for the rest of the season.
Both are players who can thrive in the Championship and possibly reignite their careers, potential and value . They'd bolster Brentfords efforts to climb back up the table and we'd get a half decent striker for less outlay than we might expect to shell out, freeing up more funds for other players in January .

Cracking post and I totally agree with you. What have we got to lose, Tomlin don’t fit in and Madine is just not getting games. Maupay would be a great addition to us, Brentford would benefit from having two great championship players and we would benefit from having a goal scorer, everyone would be happy, it’s a win win situation. Fantastic post :thumbup:

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:00 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I insist upon watching Cardiff City on a Saturday afternoon. It's part of my regime at the weekend and I'm very resistant to change of any kind.

How to do it then ?

Good post. I like it :bluescarf:

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Behind the piss take I knew there was a brain there.

That surely would be worth considering.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:26 pm

if Carlsberg did transfers..

I quite like the bit where we get Maupay…..not sure what a hard working footballing team would do with a battering ram type striker and a fat slow lazy git that's already refused a loan deal though..

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 pm

dogfound wrote:if Carlsberg did transfers..

I quite like the bit where we get Maupay…..not sure what a hard working footballing team would do with a battering ram type striker and a fat slow lazy git that's already refused a loan deal though..

Bit harsh. Both players are proven at Championship level, especially Gary Madine, who was one of the leagues highest scorers when we bought him.m

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:42 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Bit harsh. Both players are proven at Championship level, especially Gary Madine, who was one of the leagues highest scorers when we bought him.m

Madine is a 1 goal in 6 career target man...who I thought did a job last season but not a fit for Brentford who don't lump it.
and thought I was quite kind about Tomlin..

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:42 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Madine is a 1 goal in 6 career target man...who I thought did a job last season but not a fit for Brentford who don't lump it.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:29 am

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Spot on about both players

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:48 am

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Again with the negative put downs !
These are two men who've managed to make the grade as professional footballers and achieved a great deal compared to 99% of aspirant players , yet you rubbish them as if they're nothing .
It's unfortunate that they're apparently not quite good enough to perform at this very high level but their records in the Championship are good . Brentford do very well, but they are currently playing at a level where they might think both these players can fill gaps which they clearly have this year, and would certainly have if they lost Maupay. That's a matter for them of course and I'm not at all certain whether Mr Maupay could perform in the Premiership , but I think it's a possibility worth looking at, primarily because it's an inducement to the other club to release such a talented player.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:56 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

These are two men who've managed to make the grade as professional footballers and achieved a great deal compared to 99% of aspirant players , yet you rubbish them as if they're nothing .
It's unfortunate that they're apparently not quite good enough to perform at this very high level but their records in the Championship are good . Brentford do very well, but they are currently playing at a level where they might think both these players can fill gaps which they clearly have this year, and would certainly have if they lost Maupay. That's a matter for them of course and I'm not at all certain whether Mr Maupay could perform in the Premiership , but I think it's a possibility worth looking at, primarily because it's an inducement to the other club to release such a talented player.

ok ill be positive and stupid...Madines style fits Brentfords football to a tee...and Tomlin is a super fit eager beaver who is so desperate to play he is willing to play for half his wages ////happy?

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Maupay is class. I really think we need to sign him in January, swap or not.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:01 pm

They are more likely to do a swap deal with Zohore and Tomlin?

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

ok ill be positive and stupid...Madines style fits Brentfords football to a tee...and Tomlin is a super fit eager beaver who is so desperate to play he is willing to play for half his wages ////happy?

Well, no. You haven't got to say they're brilliant, that's why it's hard to use them at this level, but they're not rubbish either and it's very wrong to diminish the efforts of people who've done very well to reach whatever potential they could , and it's worth mentioning that the standard they have achieved is far greater than most people could hope to.
As I said at the outset , we'd have to pay most of their wages , but we're contractually stuck with that anyway. Maybe one or both of them would improve enough to come back with regular football .

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Well, no. You haven't got to say they're brilliant, that's why it's hard to use them at this level, but they're not rubbish either and it's very wrong to diminish the efforts of people who've done very well to reach whatever potential they could , and it's worth mentioning that the standard they have achieved is far greater than most people could hope to.
As I said at the outset , we'd have to pay most of their wages , but we're contractually stuck with that anyway. Maybe one or both of them would improve enough to come back with regular football .

I am fully aware of how good you have to be to play pro football.....and have not said or hinted otherwise..

has zero to do with what ive posted Mr Schoular { we had a very good manager with a very similar name }

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Zero chance of this happening, if you want Maupay it would have to be a straight cash deal, looks like you would be up against Huddersfield who were sniffing around back in August and are looking increasingly desperate for a goal scorer, Bee's always get top dollar nowadays, is Maupay good enough for PL ? I reckon so, massive improvement from him this year although he's never far off from a red card, I like him

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

essexbees wrote:Zero chance of this happening, if you want Maupay it would have to be a straight cash deal, looks like you would be up against Huddersfield who were sniffing around back in August and are looking increasingly desperate for a goal scorer, Bee's always get top dollar nowadays, is Maupay good enough for PL ? I reckon so, massive improvement from him this year although he's never far off from a red card, I like him

Oh yeah we'd have to buy him and for good money, but my point about the other two players, ( or maybe some others they think would help them up the table but we're not using), is that it would be an additional inducement to sell.
They're not doing well by recent standards and so they won't want to lose their best playing asset - but might think differently if it came with the opportunity to strengthen their team in other areas where they've got obvious problems at the moment .

Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:28 pm

essexbees wrote:Zero chance of this happening, if you want Maupay it would have to be a straight cash deal, looks like you would be up against Huddersfield who were sniffing around back in August and are looking increasingly desperate for a goal scorer, Bee's always get top dollar nowadays, is Maupay good enough for PL ? I reckon so, massive improvement from him this year although he's never far off from a red card, I like him

yes obviously...but kids will be kids ,especially in these days of playstations and transfrmarkt ..you get 2 players the poster least wants ….to improve you :laughing5: :laughing5: we get your most valuable player sounds great...

Re: Maupay deal anyone?

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Why do you need to do that ?
It's just bloody rude - do you speak to people like that in person ?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:46 am

Scored again last night. Playing well in a struggling team. Well worth a gamble and Brentford may be tempted.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Scored again last night. Playing well in a struggling team. Well worth a gamble and Brentford may be tempted.

We went that route last season and got Medine :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:55 pm

They play more or less same formation as us. I think he will be a hit for us

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:10 pm

A swap deal?