' Leeds United chasing after Cardiff Star '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:41 am

Leeds United keeping tabs on Premier League attacker

Leeds Evening Post

November 2018

Championship promotion chasers Leeds United are keeping a close eye on the situation with Cardiff City winger Kadeem Harris.

It is no secret that Marcelo Bielsa is looking to improve his squad both in January, and then again in the summer, for what he hopes will be his side’s first season back in the Premier League.

He has been linked with a number of players both domestically and overseas, and that is likely to continue until the transfer window reopens.

Harris has made a big impression at the Cardiff City Stadium this season, making strong showings in their two wins over Fulham and Brighton and Hove Albion.

The 25-year-old moved to Wales from Wycombe Wanderers in 2012, but has had to be patient to get his big chance. He went on loan spells at Brentford and Barnsley, but has impressed Neil Warnock enough in training to finally push for a place in his side.

Despite his positive showings for the Bluebirds this term, the winger is out of contract in the summer and could leave Cardiff for free if no extension is agreed. He would be allowed to start talking to potential new clubs in January, which is why Leeds are keeping a keen eye on the situation.

If the Whites are to get the attacker, they are going to need to act swiftly and decisively, as they are not the only ones who have their attention on him.

Leeds’ Championship rivals Aston Villa are also believed to have an interest in signing the former Wycombe star, while Bolton Wanderers have also got him on their radar.

Given the position of the Elland Road side in the second tier, at this stage you would think they would lead the way to sign Harris, but ultimately that could all depend on whether they make it back to the Premier League or not.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Leeds United chasing after Cardiff Star '

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:58 am

Hope not.

We need to give him a contract .

Decent player and would hate him to go to Leeds of all places
NIBluebird

Re: ' Leeds United chasing after Cardiff Star '

Postby northernbluebird » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 pm

my instinct is to let him go, and not hugely push the boat out. that said, now that we are in the PL, a contract would be peanuts compared to what we take in nowadays.

i'm wary of players that play well, get a contract, then go off the boil. seen them countless times over the years. noone is a good example of this.

meanwhile you could potentially have someone like ralls who has contributed 10 times what harris has in the past few seasons, and i bet you he is not earning near what are top earners do. i'd reward people like that over flash in the pan players any day of the week.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat