Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Chris Gunter “

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 am

Congratulations today to Chris Gunter who breaks the record tonight of 93 caps for Wales Football Team an amazing achievement. :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Chris Gunter “

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:08 pm

I think he's a very average player myself, but that's still a hell of an achievement. Well done Gunter.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:10 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I think he's a very average player myself, but that's still a hell of an achievement. Well done Gunter.

Agree...and a beneficiary of Wales having some poor alternatives in recent years! ;)

However, as much as I am most definitely not a fan of Chris Gunter, it is an achievement and one he and his family can be rightly proud and I'm sure he's not finished just yet

Well done, Wales' Chris Gunter :clap:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I think he's a very average player myself, but that's still a hell of an achievement. Well done Gunter.

I'm not so sure, we missed him most of the Danish came, when he came on I thought it made a difference. Can't wait to see him hit 100 mind loyal servant to Wales.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I'm not so sure, we missed him most of the Danish came, when he came on I thought it made a difference. Can't wait to see him hit 100 mind loyal servant to Wales.

agree with this, was quite surprised how much better we looked when he came on

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm

not sure what some people watch.
He's been our most consistent player in recent years for me.

Didn't get also put the cross in for the Vokes header against Belgium!?
:thumbup:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:not sure what some people watch.
He's been our most consistent player in recent years for me.

Didn't get also put the cross in for the Vokes header against Belgium!?
:thumbup:

He may not be absolute top draw but we haven't been exactly blessed over the years in this position.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm

We need a right back....

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:We need a right back....

I'd take him every day of the week.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:04 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

He’s a 7/10 player every game, I’d take him to.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Couldn't agree more....altogether now "He's on his way back.." :D :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Never rated him to highly myself but its a great achievement.

Would I take him here? Not sure. Is he better than what we have? Probably. But that says more about out recruitment over the summer than Gunters ability. I would hope there are better options available in janaury.... If Warnock thinks we need a right back.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm

I would too.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Gunter is a legend in my eyes well for the national team and he'd do well for us in prem if we shift Bruno into CB position with Mozza

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Well done to him, however, I have always felt Joe Jacobson has always been a better player, seems to never been involved with Wales, have I missed something. ?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Yes - your appointment at Specsavers :)

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks mugs. You know better than me.I bow to your great self .

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:32 pm

We should have resigned him instead of Peltier and Jazz,got 3m for him when a teenager,has had Premier League experience with Spurs and Reading,rarely misses a game thro injury, very consistent player, Cardiff City fan and now Wales’s most capped player,congratulations Chris Gunter!

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Well done to him, however, I have always felt Joe Jacobson has always been a better player, seems to never been involved with Wales, have I missed something. ?

spent almost his entire career in league 2

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Well done to him, however, I have always felt Joe Jacobson has always been a better player, seems to never been involved with Wales, have I missed something. ?

spent almost his entire career in league 2

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:59 am

Just remember what an exciting player Joe was. , used to play on the wing and ghost past defender's and whip great balls in.Great free kick taker. Same about Darley Blake too, playing rugby now.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Just remember what an exciting player Joe was. , used to play on the wing and ghost past defender's and whip great balls in.Great free kick taker. Same about Darley Blake too, playing rugby now.

Darley Blake? Is he related to Darley Moor? :? :oops:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Just remember what an exciting player Joe was. , used to play on the wing and ghost past defender's and whip great balls in.Great free kick taker. Same about Darley Blake too, playing rugby now.

in the reserves.?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Lots of intellectual comedians on here Sven. Darcey to clear it up for you. Ffs.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Lots of intellectual comedians on here Sven. Darcey to clear it up for you. Ffs.

You got it wrong...again! :lol:

If you're going to dish it out, be prepared to take it back! ;) :laughing6:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:51 pm

He actually plays football on a Sunday for Phillipstown in the gwent league :wave:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Your the one dishing it out. Correcting spelling when all I was trying to do was add interest to a thread. Maybe you need to grow up a bit. Stop trying to mug off contributors. I knew all these lads from a young age, and my point being gunter was probably the least gifted but has done the best.