Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who shall we sign?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Who does everyone think we should sign in the January transfer window?
I think we need a Striker, centre back, right back, maybe a cover winger or CM

Re: Who shall we sign

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Striker the obvious one but struggling to believe we will get anyone in January when we couldn't in the summer.

Right back, and defensive midfielder the next important positions.

If we can get them positions I'd be very happy.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Striker the obvious one but struggling to believe we will get anyone in January when we couldn't in the summer.

What strikers would you go for? I was thinking maupay,Shane long, Christian benteke?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Toshack

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Someone from the MSL On loan for the remainder of the season. Rooney or Wright-phillips.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Bluebirds_1927 wrote:Who does everyone think we should sign in the January transfer window?
I think we need a Striker, centre back, right back, maybe a cover winger or CM

Yes yes and yes.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Bluebirds_1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Striker the obvious one but struggling to believe we will get anyone in January when we couldn't in the summer.

What strikers would you go for? I was thinking maupay,Shane long, Christian benteke?

Benteke?

100k a week?

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:53 pm

This all depends on the amount of money and loan deals NW has to use .

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:16 am

I'd be looking at whoever is available from the Southampton team of gabbiadini or my preference Austin. Still think we need a right winger in case mendez is injured again. Also a right back to add some overlap on the right side.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:22 am

If we want a realistic chance of staying up we need a ST, RB and a CM. All capable of playing in the starting 11.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:55 am

JANUARY LIST TO BUY:
Nathan Redmond - Southammpton
Matt Richie - Newcastle
Jamie Vardy - Leicester City
Declan Rice - West Ham

JANUARY LIST TO LOAN:
James Milner - Liverpool
Victor Moses - Chelsea
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Aaron Lennon - Burnley
Andy Carrol - West Ham

I am not saying all of them but all i am saying is 1 or 2 players from this list would boost Cardiff City for Survival hands down.
But would love to see Andy Carrol play for us or Nathan Redmond.

Re: Who shall we sign?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 am

I would love to see us get Maupay, but we may have a chance with Austin....a few loan signings more likely.
This list is pure fantasy mind!

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:11 am

Sam,
Are you on drugs. Vardy, Ramsey come down off cloud 9.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 am

Sam ReaN wrote:JANUARY LIST TO BUY:
Matt Richie - Newcastle
Declan Rice - West Ham

JANUARY LIST TO LOAN:
James Milner - Liverpool
Victor Moses - Chelsea
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Aaron Lennon - Burnley
Andy Carrol - West Ham

I am not saying all of them but all i am saying is 1 or 2 players from this list would boost Cardiff City for Survival hands down.

maybe you could make a list and give it to Warnock because some of these are much better players than the ones everyone else seems to be suggesting..

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am

In
Ihanacheo from Leicester
Camarasa made permanent
Need a decent right back can't really think of one I like to much apart from Chris Gunter

Out
Tomlin
Peltier
Zahore

Put Pilks back in the squad

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

If he was available to sign at a reasonable price and wage,none of which is in any way guarenteed I would go for Tammy Abraham from Chelsea. Back fit and scoring goals for Aston Villa on loan. I suspect a better eye for goal than any of out current forwards.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 am

I would deffo look into how much Zlatan would cost for 3 mnths from MLS , short term could be a bargain without Vinny boy delving too deep.?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 am

All of these are unrealistic transfers to say the least .

Desperate for solid right back and someone like Defoe in on loan

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am

dogfound wrote:
Matt Richie - Newcastle
Declan Rice - West Ham

JANUARY LIST TO LOAN:
James Milner - Liverpool
Victor Moses - Chelsea
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Aaron Lennon - Burnley
Andy Carrol - West Ham

maybe you could make a list and give it to Warnock because some of these are much better players than the ones everyone else seems to be suggesting..

I take that back....there have now been better/more unrealistic players mentioned...is it a competition.?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Matt Richie - Newcastle
Declan Rice - West Ham

JANUARY LIST TO LOAN:
James Milner - Liverpool
Victor Moses - Chelsea
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Aaron Lennon - Burnley
Andy Carrol - West Ham

I take that back....there have now been better/more unrealistic players mentioned...is it a competition.?

I think Pele can still do a job for us!

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Bluebirds_1927 wrote:

Really not sure, all depends where we are com January on how much we can invest in the squad.
I honestly think its going to be very tough to bring in the striker we need.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:32 pm

2BLUE 2HANDLE
Why do you think it will be diffucult for us to bring a striker in january there are so many strikers across the world europe, south america, Africa, far east, that would jump at the chance to play for any team in the premier league because its such a big shop window and what better league in the world to show yourself,if we get away from the uk where the cost of players is sky high but look to the continent its cheaper and more choice its down to our "scouts" to source them so imo i don' t see any problem finder a striker to buy or loan from abroad.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:54 pm

montyblue wrote:2BLUE 2HANDLE
Why do you think it will be diffucult for us to bring a striker in january there are so many strikers across the world europe, south america, Africa, far east, that would jump at the chance to play for any team in the premier league because its such a big shop window and what better league in the world to show yourself,if we get away from the uk where the cost of players is sky high but look to the continent its cheaper and more choice its down to our "scouts" to source them so imo i don' t see any problem finder a striker to buy or loan from abroad.

ok maybe I should have said a striker of the quality required and I certainly don't see Warnock looking abroad. He had all summer to get a striker and didn't, now come January prices are inflated and its even more difficult to attract players especially for a team struggling and a style of play that is unfashionable.

Personally I think the chances of us getting a striker on anything other than a loan is limited.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 pm

I think these could be a couple of realistic targets to buy or loan.

ST
Oumar Niasse - Everton
Neal Maupay - Brentford

CM's
Andy King - Leicester
Steven Davis - Southampton

RB's
Danny Simpson - Leicester
Nathaniel Clyne - Liverpool

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:24 pm

I tend to agree with this.

Also, whilst January is usually a difficult time to buy it can throw up some real opportunities for unexpected loans if players are just looking for game time after returning from injury, winding down the last 6 months of their contract, or simply looking to prove themselves on the pitch at Prem level.

Just look at Sturridge going to WBA last season. OK it didn't work out but just proves that those sort of things can happen, particularly if top teams get knocked out of the FA Cup or Champions League so game time even more limited.

Defoe can't be happy sitting on the bench at Bournemouth, Woodburn may feel he needs games, Ampidou probably needs to be tested, Vokes or Woods at Burnley may want more game time, etc. Similarly, if some of the big clubs invest others may be pushed out e.g. centre backs at Man Utd, etc.

That said, if we're 10 points adrift by then, any signings will be with a view toward the Championship next year, not staying up. So this period before Christmas will have a massive impact on which way Warnock and VT set themselves up for the remainder on the season.

I actually think we'll still be hanging on in there and signing a couple of proven Prem performers may well be enough for us to survive :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:27 pm

trouble is ALL clubs are looking for exactly the same..in fact most of the bigger clubs already have strikers sourced from abroad playing regular in their development teams because they turned out to not be good enough..

a player might look shit hot playing against bing bong boo but absolute pants against real players and you don't know until you buy them..

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Jonny88 wrote:In
Ihanacheo from Leicester
Camarasa made permanent
Need a decent right back can't really think of one I like to much apart from Chris Gunter

Out
Tomlin
Peltier
Zahore

Put Pilks back in the squad

That would make no sense at all in January. Camarasa is on a season long loan, why use up some of our limited budget on making him permanent? If we stay up we can look to buy him then.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Ampadu
Niasse
Origi
Danny Simpson
Vincent Janssen
Solanke
Loftus cheek
Defoe
Stanilas
Steven davies
Foden
Welback
Lallana
Winks
Lookman
Calvert-lewin
Rob holding
These are players we can all get on loan, we can only ever have 2 in the Match day squad so I’d buy arter and get 2 of them in

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm

I think loan signings with Premier League or La Liga experience with perhaps one signing from the Championship who will increase in value if he becomes an established Premiership player,similar to Murphy and Reid? If we want a centre back James Lawrence looks a class player and is available for about £570k?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Matt Richie - Newcastle
Declan Rice - West Ham

JANUARY LIST TO LOAN:
James Milner - Liverpool
Victor Moses - Chelsea
Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
Aaron Lennon - Burnley
Andy Carrol - West Ham

We couldn’t sign them players on FIFA let alone real life