Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Most exciting player

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:19 am

Whos your most exciting player you watched ina cardiff shirt?
Rob earnshaw for me

Re: Most exciting player

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 am

Jason Koumas

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:45 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Jason Koumas

when in the right mood Koumas was unplayable.

but for me it has to be Dave Bennett . not only was he one hell of an exciting player to watch but the transfer itself was exciting...

third division Cardiff to sign a 22 year old who had just a few months earlier played in both a FA cup final and final replay for Man City and scored.....it actually makes Sam Reans expectations look a bit tame.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:58 am

dogfound wrote:

when in the right mood Koumas was unplayable.

but for me it has to be Dave Bennett . not only was he one hell of an exciting player to watch but the transfer itself was exciting...

third division Cardiff to sign a 22 year old who had just a few months earlier played in both a FA cup final and final replay for Man City and scored.....it actually makes Sam Reans expectations look a bit tame.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:37 am

Dave Bennett for me too

Outstanding on the wing

Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:39 am

+1 :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:33 pm

I enjoyed watching Robin Friday. Also liked Toshack. Not the most skillful player I've seen, but you always felt something was likely to happen if the ball was floated in his general direction. He knew where the back of the net was. If only Zohore was just half as good in the air.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Surprising it may be, but for me it would be Whitts. For 2-3 seasons every time he got the ball in the opposition half you felt he could either lay it on a plate for Chops or Bothroyd or put it in the top corner himself :lol: :lol:

Back in the 70s it was Adrian Alston and Tony Evans and in the 80s I'd agree with those who've said Dave Bennett :bluebird:

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I enjoyed watching Robin Friday. Also liked Toshack. Not the most skillful player I've seen, but you always felt something was likely to happen if the ball was floated in his general direction. He knew where the back of the net was. If only Zohore was just half as good in the air.

I didn't see enough of Toshack unfortunately...I found Friday hit and miss unplayable some games ,wished he wasn't playing others and he didn't play enough.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Captain Kav

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:16 pm

I loved watching Willie Anderson play on the wing, but if your talking about goals then I wouldn't go far from Chopra who had the knack to do something special in his prime

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I enjoyed watching Robin Friday. Also liked Toshack. Not the most skillful player I've seen, but you always felt something was likely to happen if the ball was floated in his general direction. He knew where the back of the net was. If only Zohore was just half as good in the air.

I didn't see enough of Toshack unfortunately...I found Friday hit and miss unplayable some games ,wished he wasn't playing others and he didn't play enough.

If the ball was played into the box, you knew Tosh was likely to be on the end of it whether it was in the air or on the ground. Did what a striker was meant to do whichever way he received the ball, hit the net. Unfortunately, our big hope for this season does'nt do the same thing because apparently we do not play to his strengths. Problem is, a large percentage of balls played into the danger area are invariably in the air. If you can't head a ball you are going to be 50% less effective than most top class strikers who can score with their feet or their head.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Ian Gibson.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Never saw Tosh play for us so I would have to say Adrian Alston even though he was with us for a short time.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Ian Gibson.

Up there with the best.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Never saw Tosh play for us so I would have to say Adrian Alston even though he was with us for a short time.

the Alston turn copied by johan 5 days later
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ad ... &FORM=VIRE

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Whitts for me,a lot of his goals were worth the entrance fee.