Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which Deal Neil Warnock did?

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Is the best bargain?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Which Deal Neil Warnock did?

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is the best bargain?

Bloody hell, that's a head scratcher.... I can't pick.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Etheridge

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Sol Bamba, I know fans may go more towards the front men Mendez Laing or Paterson but i think bamba keeps our defence strong and compact, leaving no room for error he is a solid 33 year old defender and has an incredible partnership with Sean Morrison. Our defence is the best it has ever been for a long time.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:34 pm

FOr me it's Patterson, given his performances, age and future value.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Etheridge

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:41 pm

For me it's Bamba, he came in at a time where we were really struggling, his character and ability helped stabilise us that season and was a key part in us going up. I'm not sure he is up to it week in week out in the prem but for value and how important he was taking us up for me it has to be him.

Footballing wise for right now, maybe Paterson or NML although Etheridge maybe worth the most if his form continues.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:01 pm

paterson or mendez laing. paterson probably edges it because he has stepped up to premier league level, whereas NML hasn't had the opportunities to show he can yet.

hoilett was unplayable in the championship and so if you asked this question last season it would have been him. he's been ineffective in the PL so far.

bamba has been a big signing. big personality and he is a great organiser, but his discipline and concentration is poor - this is his main failing, and morrison remains the better player for me.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Very very very hard choice,it’s out of Patterson and Bamba..............

Bamba for me.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:08 pm

One of the first three because of their age they will have a better resale value than the older players.My guess is that our most valuable player at present is Paterson as a Scottish International Player who scores goals?
We should also vote on Warnock’s worse buy, it most be Tomlin ahead of Madine?

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:19 pm

All 4 have been fantastic signings.
Patterson for me

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Mendez llaing think will be unplayable but all awesome signings

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Brilliant post so thought provoking.

For me it must be Super Sol the others are great but Sol stablised us with SM when we needed it most.

Cant wait to sing his chrimbo song again!

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Think there'd be other candidates .
If you count loans then Arter and Camasarra are brilliant . I think Reid will be special in time but already you'd surely have to include Murphy

Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:16 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Think there'd be other candidates .
If you count loans then Arter and Camasarra are brilliant . I think Reid will be special in time but already you'd surely have to include Murphy

Bamba easily for me.
Don’t see how you could include people like Murphy who’s been here 5 minutes and has been hit & miss whilst Bamba has been performing consistently for two years on and off the pitch.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 am

What does he do off the pitch then ?
No bigger fan of Sol Bamba than me, and I'd agree that he's a candidate for Sir Neil's best signing, but I was just pointing out that he's signed a lot of good players and continues to do that.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Sol Bamba, I know fans may go more towards the front men Mendez Laing or Paterson but i think bamba keeps our defence strong and compact, leaving no room for error he is a solid 33 year old defender and has an incredible partnership with Sean Morrison. Our defence is the best it has ever been for a long time.

No room for error? Do you go to games?!

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:19 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:What does he do off the pitch then ?
No bigger fan of Sol Bamba than me, and I'd agree that he's a candidate for Sir Neil's best signing, but I was just pointing out that he's signed a lot of good players and continues to do that.

He’s a big character in the changing room and in training. A natural captain which helps hugely.
Yes, Warnock has signed some decent players and I like the look of Murphy but he needs some consistency which shows in Warnocks team selections. Certainly not Warnocks best deal as yet.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:18 pm

maltablue wrote:Etheridge

:thumbup:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Bamba