Alex Smithies
Lee Peltier
Joe Bennett
Josh Murphy
Junior Hoilett
Bobby Reid
Danny Ward

Bench

It’s interesting to see Josh Murphy drop to the bench, but it’s imperative that Warnock drafted Harry Arter back into his starting XI to help limit the threat of Everton’s attacking options.

Bobby Reid, Danny Ward, Junior Hoilett and Murphy are listed among the substitutes along with Alex Smithies, Lee Peltier and Joe Bennett.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Everton
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: INTERESTING: “ CARDIFF CITY'S TEAM TODAY “

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Full teams

Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne; Andre Gomes, Gueye; Walcott, Sigurdsson, Bernard; Richarlison.

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Cunningham; Arter, Gunnarsson, Ralls; Camarasa, Harris, Paterson.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm

That is a classic bus park.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Warnock picking Cunnigham is really starting to annoy me Bennett is better in every department than him.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Dahboy wrote:That is a classic bus park.

Don't know . I'd agree and I'd approve of that too but then why play Greg Cunningham instead of Joe Bennet, the former being more prone to sit a bit forward .
On balance I think you're right though. Maybe he's going to do something clever like a switch in the last half an hour.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Has he given up on Gary Madine or is it true about him training with Brentford ?

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm

i may be in minority but i really dont see how ralls commands a place in starting 11week in week out deffo bus park for me no creativity in center mid would rather have seen camasara or reid attacking mid just for creativity and murphy out wide and yeah i think bennett is better than cunningham

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm

phildavies wrote:Warnock picking Cunnigham is really starting to annoy me Bennett is better in every department than him.

I disagree, Cunningham has been widely regarded as one of, if not the best left back in the championship the past few seasons. He looks better than Bennett to me, and it looks like he's ahead in the packing order now. Warnocks no mug, and he sees the two in training every other day.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Trying to keep it tight rather than go gun ho obviously a switch will come if we are loosing by 2 goals,but if its still 1 0 it may stay the same with the switch coming last 15 mins imo.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:25 pm

G3vans wrote:
phildavies wrote:Warnock picking Cunnigham is really starting to annoy me Bennett is better in every department than him.

I disagree, Cunningham has been widely regarded as one of, if not the best left back in the championship the past few seasons. He looks better than Bennett to me, and it looks like he's ahead in the packing order now. Warnocks no mug, and he sees the two in training every other day.

He has been awful every game he has played for us he cant pass the ball and is slower and not as good a defender as Bennett one on one. Was a complete waste of money signing him as it was signing Smithies.

Hopefully he proves me wrong today though. Very pleased he is starting Harris again though and overall not a bad team only changes for me would be Bennett for Greg and Murphy for Ralls.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Murphy needs to improve his defensive duties. Both Harris and Camarasa are much better than him defensively, Murphy loses the ball a hell of a lot. Impact sub when full backs are tired is perfect for today. Cunningham still needs to prove himself, not done terribly, apart from Burnley when arguably he was at fault for both goals. Closes down the wingers much better than Bennett, who just stands on the 18 yard box and invites them into the box.

0-0 would be lovely after seeing the both lineups.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:59 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:59 pm

I can understand why Warnock has dropped Murphy, he's the type of player who either destroys his opponent and produces something, or loses the ball. It's not a criticism of Murphy as that's just the type of player he is, we need him for games to unlock opponents, but I think Harris deserves to keep his place and you can't play both Murphy and Harris today. There will be too many changeovers of possession, leaving us vulnerable to Everton's pace on the break with Walcott, Richarlison etc.

Camarasa is quality in possession and will have more freedom to create on the right. Arter, Gunnarsson and Ralls will give us plenty of energy in the middle and stop Andre Gomes and Sigurdsson having any time on the ball to create. I actually like the look of our team today, a very sensible line up selection by Warnock I think.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:47 pm

phildavies wrote:
G3vans wrote:

He has been awful every game he has played for us he cant pass the ball and is slower and not as good a defender as Bennett one on one. Was a complete waste of money signing him as it was signing Smithies.

Hopefully he proves me wrong today though. Very pleased he is starting Harris again though and overall not a bad team only changes for me would be Bennett for Greg and Murphy for Ralls.

Again I completely disagree. He looks very composed on the ball despite the fact we rarely have players showing for the ball and are pressed heavily. Bennett to me, despite being very good last season, looks far too raw of a player to make it at Premiership level. Cunningham looks better defensively, more tactically astute and more composed on the ball imo and it looks like Warnock agrees. I'm confident this view will get more popular over the next couple of seasons

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:18 pm

G3vans wrote:
phildavies wrote:
G3vans wrote:

Again I completely disagree. He looks very composed on the ball despite the fact we rarely have players showing for the ball and are pressed heavily. Bennett to me, despite being very good last season, looks far too raw of a player to make it at Premiership level. Cunningham looks better defensively, more tactically astute and more composed on the ball imo and it looks like Warnock agrees. I'm confident this view will get more popular over the next couple of seasons

And now he's gifted Everton a goal. :oops: :twisted:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:19 pm

G3vans wrote:
phildavies wrote:
G3vans wrote:

So composed he passed the ball straight to ythwir player for Everton to score he is awful with the call and average at best without it.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:48 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:That is a classic bus park.

Don't know . I'd agree and I'd approve of that too but then why play Greg Cunningham instead of Joe Bennet, the former being more prone to sit a bit forward .
On balance I think you're right though. Maybe he's going to do something clever like a switch in the last half an hour.

1918 =sit a bit more forward...the previous 100 odd years =out of position.

Bennett is better going forward,back,sideways and pretty much everything else..im sure Phil Bennet would be too..

hate to say this but the only thing Joe has done wrong is play in the position it was easiest to squeeze in one of the new signings.