Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND ON A STRIKER

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Imo it should be the most we can get together i think nearly everybody recognises that we need a striker but a lot of fans say we should'nt pay this and should'nt pay that we should' nt sign foreign strikers because we don't know what they are like, but thats where a good experienced scout comes into play, and faith needs to be put into his knowledge, fulham payed something like 22 million for mitrovich is this to much? Do we need to sell madine zohore to boost the funds personaly i think this is where we are lacking more than anywhere and i think if we get a proven goalscorer we will survive this season but how much is to much to spend?

Re: HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND ON A STRIKER

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:31 pm

A clever loan.

Fee dependent on staying up.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm

JIMMY RAT
do you think if players are on loan they are not wanted by there club or are not in there managers thinking or sqaud, all good strikers are playing i just think we should be prepared to spend on a striker rather than looking in the bargain basment but this is just my opinion.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I would say definitely no more than about £90m :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 pm

I'm hoping that since the summer we have been scouting worldwide for a striker or two who will feel they have something to prove in the Premier League even if they just view us as a stepping stone like Michu or Bony did for the JB's.

In reality we'll probably see a striker from the Championship or League 1 being brought in with our fingers crossed.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm

davids wrote:I would say definitely no more than about £90m :thumbup: :thumbup:

That sounds a fair amount to me :thumbup:

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:09 am

It's going to have to be a loan, if he couldn't find a striker all last summer he won't in January with inflated prices.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am

The money we can spend it will only be a player who we are taking at risk and might not necessarily be better than what we have.

Gonna be difficult for sure.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:43 am

Spend nothing, get a loan player in and offer a contract if we stay up....
But not sure it works like that with today’s agents :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:43 am

Spend nothing, get a loan player in and offer a contract if we stay up....
But not sure it works like that with today’s agents :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:14 pm

City Slicker wrote:
davids wrote:I would say definitely no more than about £90m :thumbup: :thumbup:

That sounds a fair amount to me :thumbup:

If being in the elite Premier League is worth at least 100 mill then I guess if 90 mill spent on a striker keeps us up it's worth it! Seriously, I think we will need to spend between 15 and 20 Mill on a proven goal scorer, will we do that?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Pay as much as it costs to keep us on the Premier league. If we can stay up we will get it all back and more.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Perhaps a swap deal with Madine or Ken in exchange plus cash?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:50 pm

I would look at playing Josh Murphy or Bobby Reid up top with Kadeem Harris and Mendez-Laing wide and spend the money on a good playmaker and right back.

Our problem is we are not creating clear cut chances for our striker and not having a overlapping right back

You could put Aguero in this team and he wouldnt score 10 goals. A striker is only as good as the supply into him.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

THOMAS BLUE.

Our problem is we don' t have an out and out striker he' s a right back bloody ridiculous when you think of it zohore reid madine what' s going on.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Warnock’s two loan signings have been regulars in the team while his four money signings haven’t,so I’d give him money for loan signings who could be made permanent if they were successful.Let’s face it non of our permanent striker signings,Madine,Reid,Bogle or Ward Total of £20m have been good enough for Premier League!

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:57 pm

montyblue wrote:THOMAS BLUE.

Our problem is we don' t have an out and out striker he' s a right back bloody ridiculous when you think of it zohore reid madine what' s going on.

Zahore and Madine were never going to be good enough at this level.

Reid was a gamble and Ward is a championship striker.

I dont agree Paterson is a right back he seems much better suited to a attacking midfield role, even Gareth Bale started as a left back before he found his true position.

I dont see the point in wasting millions on a striker if we dont sort out the service to him first.

Its like having a expensive ferrari sat on your drive with no motor inside it. It would be exciting and good to look at but in reality its useless!

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 pm

thomasblue wrote:

I dont agree Paterson is a right back he seems much better suited to a attacking midfield role, even Gareth Bale started as a left back before he found his true position.

I dont see the point in wasting millions on a striker if we dont sort out the service to him first.

Its like having a expensive ferrari sat on your drive with no motor inside it. It would be exciting and good to look at but in reality its useless!

Not many thought Zohore wouldn’t make it in the Prem.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 am

maccydee wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Not many thought Zohore wouldn’t make it in the Prem.

Still got time :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 pm

15-20 million fee on a top quality striker from abroad. Also get another one on loan incase the new main man gets injured.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Personally I would try to get Niasse (Everton) and Origi (Liverpool) in on loan

£50,000 per week for 6 months = £2.6m for two players
Add a bit to the parent clubs - max £5m in total

All we need to do is finish 17th and with these two I think we could do that.

£5m risk - against a huge financial gain in staying up.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Personally I would try to get Niasse (Everton) and Origi (Liverpool) in on loan

I think it will be something along those lines. I think some fans are setting themselves up for a massively disappointing January if they think we are spending big on a proven striker

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:Personally I would try to get Niasse (Everton) and Origi (Liverpool) in on loan

I think it will be something along those lines. I think some fans are setting themselves up for a massively disappointing January if they think we are spending big on a proven striker

We can only loan one more from the PL as we have Arter so it's from abroad I think

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

We can only loan one more from the PL as we have Arter so it's from abroad I think

Yeah I think it will be a prem loan striker or nothing to be honest.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 pm

Warnock says he wants 4 players

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Good post and realistic, these are probably the standard of player we may be able to get, without breaking the bank

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:56 pm

if we are to far behind nothing