Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan surely...?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:51 am

Surely its in tans best interests to keep us in the premier league?.
If he wants out?.Warnock and the team busting a gut but we need strengthening.asap.

Re: Vincent tan surely?.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 am

You'd have thought that wouldn't you, but can he see that?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:57 am

36 million invested only1 started yesterday hmmmm

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:02 am

DEANO wrote:36 million invested only1 started yesterday hmmmm

Interesting that

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 am

DEANO wrote:36 million invested only1 started yesterday hmmmm

Exactly and not all his budget was used. From what I can gather from interviews Warnock has been given what he's asked. I sometimes wonder if Warnock knew he was out of his depth in premier league transfer market so went to tan with this idea of keeping it "cheap" as a get out for him, he hasn't been shy on telling anyone and everyone what he has spent.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:55 pm

skiprat wrote:Surely its in tans best interests to keep us in the premier league?.
If he wants out?.Warnock and the team busting a gut but we need strengthening.asap.

This is exactly what I've been trying tot say. Why even compete in the championship if you are not willing to compete in the prem?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Dahboy wrote:
skiprat wrote:Surely its in tans best interests to keep us in the premier league?.

This is exactly what I've been trying tot say. Why even compete in the championship if you are not willing to compete in the prem?

Why even compete in anyeague? Let's revert to parks football where players only need pay £10 in subscriptions then won't need any owner? Problem
Solved :thumbup:

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Why even compete in anyeague? Let's revert to parks football where players only need pay £10 in subscriptions then won't need any owner? Problem
Solved :thumbup:

Great idea

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Depends on his plans on what he wants from Cardiff, if he wants to leave then he will in the summer, but if he wants to stay then he has to spend some of his money to at least get to the end goal of survival in the top flight. It is simple really but we have not seen much of Tan this season, hense we have no idea what he is thinking on our club so far in terms of his satisfactory.

It's simple if he feels the same as us fans then he will do anything in his power to try and get the club survival in the Premier League. But if he gets mixed signals then fans will start to wonder what is his thinking in terms of this season.

I know he wants sensible spending but if you look at some of the teams that went up in the season before, Huddersfield Newcastle and Brighton spent big to get survival and succeeded this, so spending wisely may be the way but you need the big name players with pedigree of playing in the Premier League, for survival.

I think its very close now but I will stick with my prediction of Cardiff staying up, and I am saying that Southampton will get relegated to Championship football. Along with Huddersfield and Crystal Palace

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Last time in premier league he did not miss a match
This season , mmm

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm

january i think it will b loans with a couple possibly cash signings i dont think myself if tan does spend it wont b over 10mil and that will b if we can get rid of some of the deadwood that is

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:17 pm

It depends what his intentions for the club are and as he's not given any verbal indication of that we can only look at his actions so far.

I'm sure the appointment of Warnock was done solely with the intention of avoiding relegation from the Championship as if that had happened he would have been right up shit creek.

Then miraculously and against all the odds, Warnock gets the club promoted and suddenly Tan is in a position where the club can start to receive some serious money again from the Premier League and he can look to cut the losses to an extent where he hopes he can find a buyer.

He has shown no real interest in coming to matches this time and nothing he has done has suggested that he is really bothered about staying in the Premier League. Very little money has been made available for team strengthening (and what was has been largely wasted - not Tan's fault!) so my thoughts for what they are worth are that Tan will spend as little as possible whilst recouping as much of his investment as he can before trying to get out.

If we are ever to become a club with any hope of establishing ourselves in the Premier League I believe we will need a different owner and, unfortunately after all the fantastic things he's done for the club in his short time here, a different manager.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:39 pm

davids wrote:It depends what his intentions for the club are and as he's not given any verbal indication of that we can only look at his actions so far.

I'm sure the appointment of Warnock was done solely with the intention of avoiding relegation from the Championship as if that had happened he would have been right up shit creek.

Then miraculously and against all the odds, Warnock gets the club promoted and suddenly Tan is in a position where the club can start to receive some serious money again from the Premier League and he can look to cut the losses to an extent where he hopes he can find a buyer.

He has shown no real interest in coming to matches this time and nothing he has done has suggested that he is really bothered about staying in the Premier League. Very little money has been made available for team strengthening (and what was has been largely wasted - not Tan's fault!) so my thoughts for what they are worth are that Tan will spend as little as possible whilst recouping as much of his investment as he can before trying to get out.

If we are ever to become a club with any hope of establishing ourselves in the Premier League I believe we will need a different owner and, unfortunately after all the fantastic things he's done for the club in his short time here, a different manager.

That is exactly how i see it. Just enjoying this season and see what happens.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 am

llan bluebird wrote:
davids wrote:It depends what his intentions for the club are and as he's not given any verbal indication of that we can only look at his actions so far.

That is exactly how i see it. Just enjoying this season and see what happens.

I also agree with the poster "davids". However, I don't agree with your.. "Just enjoying this season" comment. For me it's been painful and frustrating to watch at times.