Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Won't forgive

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:53 pm

If we do get relegated those of us who think that staying in the Premiership is essential will not forgive easley forgive Warnock for his obvious ineptitude at Premiership level and Tans shameful lack of ambition to keep us in the Premiership

Re: Won't forgive

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:00 pm

We have literally played Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the opening few games and we are 1 point from survival. How can people be so negative.

People moaning about team selection etc. we put in an excellent battle against Everton, who are a great team.

People need to get a grip on reality.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:45 pm

angelis1949 wrote:If we do get relegated those of us who think that staying in the Premiership is essential will not forgive easley forgive Warnock for his obvious ineptitude at Premiership level and Tans shameful lack of ambition to keep us in the Premiership

Well I suppose you could always chip in a couple of hundred million and offer your coaching skills at the same time

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:53 pm

JimCP91 wrote:We have literally played Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the opening few games and we are 1 point from survival. How can people be so negative.

So no one else has played these teams ?

We've picked up points in 4 matches, though in 3 of those the opposition were down to 10 men.

I'm not expecting us to be world beaters (and i don't believe anyone is - so comments like get a grip are wide of the mark).

What i see is a team who lack ideas and skill, who are not creating chances, and are not scoring enough goals.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:05 pm

If we go down we'll have a stronger team than before and be in a much stronger financial position too.

If you can't see the bigger picture and how we as fans need to play our part in being patient to allow what is clearly a long-term plan then you're just immature in your expatiations

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:06 pm

stevee1966 wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:We have literally played Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the opening few games and we are 1 point from survival. How can people be so negative.

We've picked up points in 4 matches, though in 3 of those the opposition were down to 10 men.

I'm not expecting us to be world beaters (and i don't believe anyone is - so comments like get a grip are wide of the mark).

What i see is a team who lack ideas and skill, who are not creating chances, and are not scoring enough goals.

I agree and that’s because we do not have the budget to by the players needed for the missing quality. What we can afford is a group of dedicated and resilient players, who might be able to punch above their weight and keep us up. That is what we have now.

We go into every game as an underdog, that’s because on paper we are probably the weakest team in the division. Therefore, we must be realistic in our expectations and staying up would be an immense achievement.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:If we do get relegated those of us who think that staying in the Premiership is essential will not forgive easley forgive Warnock for his obvious ineptitude at Premiership level and Tans shameful lack of ambition to keep us in the Premiership

Well I suppose you could always chip in a couple of hundred million and offer your coaching skills at the same time

Stupid boy

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Memo to Warnock.....i didn't notice Huddersfield having to park the bus when they beat Wolves

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Memo to Warnock.....i didn't notice Huddersfield having to park the bus when they beat Wolves

I didn't notice us parking the bus last season against Wolves. What's your point?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:21 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Memo to Warnock.....i didn't notice Huddersfield having to park the bus when they beat Wolves

If you supported Huddersfield you would’ve wanted their manager out before this game you utter clot. :roll:

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm

stevee1966 wrote:

Yes all bottom 7 teams have played them and guess what only 2 draws have been managed between bottom 7 against top 7! And doubt if any of bottom 7 have played all the top 7 liked we have ..... :o

Liverpool scored without conceding yesterday while down to 10 men easy isn't it to beat 10 men?

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Huddersfield just went from bottom to 14th with one win. That's how tight it is.

13 games in and only two points off the team in 14th place. We really can't have asked for much more and I am certainly not in the 'just enjoy the ride camp'.

All we can ask is that we compete and give ourselves a fighting chance and that's exactly what we are getting.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:03 am

RV Casual wrote:Huddersfield just went from bottom to 14th with one win. That's how tight it is.

13 games in and only two points off the team in 14th place. We really can't have asked for much more and I am certainly not in the 'just enjoy the ride camp'.

All we can ask is that we compete and give ourselves a fighting chance and that's exactly what we are getting.

Well said :ayatollah: on the positive side,only 4 more points needed,before Chris Sutton can f**k of as well :occasion5:

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:35 am

angelis1949 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Stupid boy

Yep you are. He schooled you.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm

It would be nice to stay up, but not 'essential'. Plenty of great games, and away trips, in the Championship, even League 1. The Premier League is ok, but not the be all and end all.