Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHEN DOES OUR BAD LUCK END

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 pm

when does our luck change and we go on a good run udders winning fulham winning plus i really think we don' t know who to play up front patters reid ward madine zohore murphy just hope it comes good soon.

Re: WHEN DOES OUR BAD LUCK END

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Our "bad luck" will only end if and when we sign some players with the quality and ability that is essential for the division we are currently playing in.

At the moment we have a team of whole hearted triers who through no fault of their own have neither the quality or ability to keep us in this division.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:47 pm

davids wrote:Our "bad luck" will only end if and when we sign some players with the quality and ability that is essential for the division we are currently playing in.

At the moment we have a team of whole hearted triers who through no fault of their own have neither the quality or ability to keep us in this division.

We don’t have the quality away from home and especially against higher opposition, but have seen enough at home to suggest we aren’t far off and will get points. As for luck?!?! Brighton home last home game we got an offside goal. If we go down fighting so be it.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

STRINGFELLOW

Agree with you about the brighton winner we scored but it then gets cancelled out this weekend so any advantage we had was short lived we are know joint bottom after fulham and uddders and burnley and newcastle tomorrow avd i am sure wolves will want to put tbings right and will be playing us like a cup final its obviously its up to us to step up our game on friday and i will do my bit as a fan and sing till i am hoarse.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
davids wrote:Our "bad luck" will only end if and when we sign some players with the quality and ability that is essential for the division we are currently playing in.

We don’t have the quality away from home and especially against higher opposition, but have seen enough at home to suggest we aren’t far off and will get points. As for luck?!?! Brighton home last home game we got an offside goal. If we go down fighting so be it.

Hmm....Seven home games played. Only two of the "big name" teams in Arsenal and Man City so five other games we should have been targeting for points and we've got 7 points out of the 15 available. Only a point against 10 man Newcastle and needed a penalty save to get that point.

Struggled against a Brighton side down to 10 for an hour and were a little fortunate with the winning goal.

We can't hope to stay up with just one point and two goals from 6 away games and taking less than half of the points available from our home games.

We just do not have the quality required unfortunately at the moment.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 pm

davids wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Hmm....Seven home games played. Only two of the "big name" teams in Arsenal and Man City so five other games we should have been targeting for points and we've got 7 points out of the 15 available. Only a point against 10 man Newcastle and needed a penalty save to get that point.

Struggled against a Brighton side down to 10 for an hour and were a little fortunate with the winning goal.

We can't hope to stay up with just one point and two goals from 6 away games and taking less than half of the points available from our home games.

We just do not have the quality required unfortunately at the moment.

We certainly don't nt have the quality but we also are not playing with the nessesary players or formation to get the goals especially at home its time NW had rethink of his strategy... :old:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:36 am

not sure of the exact date but it ended in the year 2000.

the previous year i had been at priestfields to witness what was my 7th relegation beaten 4 goals to 1 and after 16 years of going down then up then down again between the 3rd and 4th tiers it was begining to look like we would be a yoyo club at that level for ever..

4 promotions
4 wembley visits
and 4 times as many watching later , we now have fans unhappy we lost at Goodison Park..to think i thought a draw at Colchester was a great result.. :o

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 am

dogfound wrote:not sure of the exact date but it ended in the year 2000.

the previous year i had been at priestfields to witness what was my 7th relegation beaten 4 goals to 1 and after 16 years of going down then up then down again between the 3rd and 4th tiers it was begining to look like we would be a yoyo club at that level for ever..

4 promotions
4 wembley visits
and 4 times as many watching later , we now have fans unhappy we lost at Goodison Park..to think i thought a draw at Colchester was a great result.. :o

Exactly. I'd settle for a yo yo club between the Championship and Premiership when you consider all that. I sometimes think these kids don't remember how impossible it seemed for all those years to get back into the First Division. Actually though we have had an awful lot of bad luck this season and I'm working on the theory that it'll even itself out ( which has generally been my experience ) and maybe the close calls and unexpected bounces will start going our way at some point.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:39 am

montyblue wrote:when does our luck change and we go on a good run udders winning fulham winning plus i really think we don' t know who to play up front patters reid ward madine zohore murphy just hope it comes good soon.

We didn't have bad luck at Everton. We were just too limited.

We had plenty of luck with our winning goal v Brighton.

There is also a difference between bad luck and incompetent refereeing/linesmen decisions.