Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VINCE ALM: “ GROWN MEN FIGHTING IN FRONT OF KIDS “

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:11 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Vince,

As you are keen to be law abiding, I trust you carried out your responsibilities and made sure that the perpetrator was arrested by the police. I’d hate to have had my family scared on a coach by an incident like that and have him get away with it scot free.

why have a dig at Vince regarding the law..
anyone on that coach could have called the police not just Vince who probably was not even on that particular coach

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:By all accounts from my mate who was on said coach the Father hit his son with a Stone Cold Stunner then turned around and flipped the bird to a woman caught up in all the ruckness all whilst screaming “Can I get a hell yeah”

Vince “McMahon” Alm was said to be calling all sorts of officials to come break it up, the son managed to get a few shots in and hit his father with a spear through the seats.

If only the above was true that would been a better and more funnier outcome than what actually happened

so this account is made up... :roll:

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:11 pm

just read it thank god didnt go to everton, i sometimes take my mum on the supporters buses and love it as she doesnt want to be around the loud fans, but how on earth can a father and son have a fight on a bus surrounded by city fans and others, mine blown

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:21 pm

dogfound wrote:

As you are keen to be law abiding, I trust you carried out your responsibilities and made sure that the perpetrator was arrested by the police. I’d hate to have had my family scared on a coach by an incident like that and have him get away with it scot free.

anyone on that coach could have called the police not just Vince who probably was not even on that particular coach

The people on the coach were probably too scared and intimidated to act. Whoever organised that coach MUST take responsibility- they must certainly know who the perpetrator was. If Vince didn’t organise this trip, then whoever did needs to step up. I hate drunken bullies spoiling ordinary people’s day out.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The people on the coach were probably too scared and intimidated to act. Whoever organised that coach MUST take responsibility- they must certainly know who the perpetrator was. If Vince didn’t organise this trip, then whoever did needs to step up. I hate drunken bullies spoiling ordinary people’s day out.

Vince wasn't on the bus but the steward who was did everything humanly possible and more to sort it out. Me and one or two others stepped in to help when it started again near the front. Only two people to blame - the two fighting. I'm sure Vince will ensure they never travel with CCSC again.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

well going on your 50 scared people idea maybe vince was scared too.?
in all seriousness you can not just go through life pointing fingers and not taking responsibility yourself..

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Halifax93 wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Vince wasn't on the bus but the steward who was did everything humanly possible and more to sort it out. Me and one or two others stepped in to help when it started again near the front. Only two people to blame - the two fighting. I'm sure Vince will ensure they never travel with CCSC again.

I don’t doubt that - sounds like the steward did a good job in difficult circumstances. But there should be Police involvement too, as there are a number of offences which have clearly taken place

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:01 pm

I understand that it has been reported to the police

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Yeah,feckin egg supporters,oh wait a minute. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing in the echo either. Any arrests yet?

Wales Online has run the story now:

'Drunk Cardiff City fans threatened kids, damaged bus and fought among themselves on Everton trip'

Cardiff City Supporters' Club has issued a warning

16:53, 26 NOV 2018

Cardiff City Supporters' Club have issued a warning to fans (Image: Ian Smith/Huw Evans Agency)

Reports of drunken Cardiff City fans fighting each other and damaging a bus during Saturday's Everton trip have prompted a warning from the Supporters' Club.

Anti-social behaviour from a minority of Bluebirds fans during away trips has been commonplace this season, according to Cardiff City Supporters Club (CCSC) spokesman Vince Alm, who revealed children had been threatened and seats were damaged during this latest incident.

He says certain fans have been flouting the rules about drinking on supporters' buses this season.

At Everton this weekend some fans were seen fighting and turning up too drunk to travel home, he claims.

"On the way back from Everton (on Saturday) we had grown men fighting on a coach in front of young kids and families who were terrified by the trouble," he said in an open letter to supporters.

"The steward of the coach had to use physical force in the end to break the fighting men up and took some blows himself.

"Several seats were damaged during the fight with the fighting parties split up onto different coaches as the main perpetrator refused to get off the coach.

Broken seats on the Cardiff coaches caused by fighting between supporters (Image: Vince Alm on Facebook)
"At one point some of the kids as young as 15 were threatened by this adult which is a disgrace.

"We also caught supporters bringing alcohol on the coach and consuming alcohol on the coach even though they have been warned prior to booking with us.

"We had to leave supporters in Liverpool after the game because they were too drunk to get on the coach, we had one so drunk he didn’t know where he was and his coach left without him at 5.40 after forcing 48 fellow supporters to sit on Priory Lane while he tried to find the coach.

"We have had drink-related incidents all season including abusive behaviour, bullying, and coach damage."

CCSC, which has seen greater numbers on its buses since Cardiff's promotion to the Premier League, has warned it may now impose more stringent measures to make it harder for supporters to travel to away games.

Neil Warnock and other managers have commented on the tremendous atmosphere created by Cardiff fans both home and away this season.

The relevant indivudals have been banned from the supporters club - who are keen to stress that this is just a minority.

But Vince says numbers may have to be reduced — in terms of the travel offered by the Supporters' Club — if anti-social.

"This season we have had a lot more supporters travelling with us - an average of 500 per away game choosing to come on the supporter’s coaches which is fantastic," added Alm.

"However there has been an increase in incidents, all alcohol-related, which if it carries on, we will have to review our open policy that may make it harder for supporters to travel with us.

"Supporters travel with us because they do not want to get hammered every game, they like being in a safe environment that is why they bring their children on our coaches. We have OAPs, females, and families that travel with us.

"Their priority is to go and watch a football match they may have a couple of drinks before the game, but they don’t get smashed off their face."

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:30 pm

VINCE ALM:

For the attention of the media; You are obviously monitoring my social media account which I personally do not have a problem with.

My Post yesterday regarding some incidents Saturday on the supporters coaches was to deter supporters as our support has risen in the premier league who like a drink not to travel on our coaches as it will not be tolerated and it is against the law to do so travelling to a football match.

I didn't realise it was such a quiet news day that it would be reported in the media with everything else that is going on in the country and world.

Just a couple of facts if you are going to report it;

The fight was not football related but a domestic dispute

This is a very rare occurrence on supporters coaches our members are impeccably behaved and a credit to the football club.

The last time I can remember an incident similar to this on a supporters coach was 18 years ago

The incident was controlled by the steward of the coach and no other parties were injured

The incident has been passed on to Cardiff City Football Club and South wales Police have been consulted

The person has been banned from the supporters club

This was a very serious incident dealt with and diffused quickly by our experienced stewards, but not sure the incident warrants the sensational headlines

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:VINCE ALM:

For the attention of the media; You are obviously monitoring my social media account which I personally do not have a problem with.

My Post yesterday regarding some incidents Saturday on the supporters coaches was to deter supporters as our support has risen in the premier league who like a drink not to travel on our coaches as it will not be tolerated and it is against the law to do so travelling to a football match.

I didn't realise it was such a quiet news day that it would be reported in the media with everything else that is going on in the country and world.

Just a couple of facts if you are going to report it;

The fight was not football related but a domestic dispute

This is a very rare occurrence on supporters coaches our members are impeccably behaved and a credit to the football club.

The last time I can remember an incident similar to this on a supporters coach was 18 years ago

The incident was controlled by the steward of the coach and no other parties were injured

The incident has been passed on to Cardiff City Football Club and South wales Police have been consulted

The person has been banned from the supporters club

This was a very serious incident dealt with and diffused quickly by our experienced stewards, but not sure the incident warrants the sensational headlines

That clears things up a bit. I was pretty sure that everything would have been dealt with appropriately but the initial post didn’t make that clear. If it was a domestic incident then the Police definitely need to be involved as a bloke who smacks his own son in the face in public, or in private for that matter, definitely has some issues that need addressing.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Vince does a great job. He cannot be held responsible for nobheads.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm

I travel on Vince's coaches regularly and I have never ever witnessed any trouble. The regular folk who use the coaches are all friendly and lovely company and the trips are well managed by Vince and his team. I've never witnessed any alcohol abuse or anti-social behaviour. Some people, including myself, will enjoy a couple of drinks before the match but that's as far as it goes.

I was on the coach which, quite rightly, left without the two travellers who had got themselves lost because they had got themselves blind drunk. I hadn't seen them use the coaches before

As Vince said a great many of the fans who travel on the CCS coaches are families with young children or OAPs. There's no need for this kind of behaviour and I hope we never get a repeat again.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:00 pm

possibly those missing coaches were banged up, the dogs had a field day on the turnstyles.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:51 pm

These bloody rugger types are simply awful... real bad show !!!! They both need a thorough good thrashing .I am sticking to football where us chaps know how to behave on coaches.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:06 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:Was far from funny at the time I can tell you. Brawling near a driver doing 70mph on the M6 with a coach full of lots of children. Could have ended in tragedy quite easily.

I couldn't agree more and the immaturity of some to think it's even remotely funny says a lot about them! :oops:

They should go take a look at some 'clips' of the carnage caused by stupidity on the roads and then think about how many 'innocent' people could have been caught up in it! :evil:

Well done to you and anyone else who stepped in to stop it! :clap: :ayatollah:

I would think you know me better than to think I would love at the actual occurrence. I was laughing at a funny joke.

I don’t need to apologise for anything. It was a funny joke.

Think it's plain obvious you weren't laughing at the incident but about the comment Sneggy said. Fella, this is the internet you will get hounded out for a lot less than that. Your simple "Ha ha" wasn't even that bad.

No doubt me justifying what you were doing means I find the incident funny or something. :roll: which I most certainly don't.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 am

I fans want to get wasted, do lots of drugs I just dontnderstand why you don't make your own way to games.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:32 pm

ThomasC wrote:I fans want to get wasted, do lots of drugs I just dontnderstand why you don't make your own way to games.

Agreed. Last away game I went I got the train anyway. It's a laugh on the coach and much cheaper but I always preferred trains for some reason.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm

I’ve been told what happened and apparently it was a family dispute and absolutely nothing to do with the football.
Disgusting and appalling for those who witnessed it and could well end in criminal charges.

Let’s remember though, the overwhelming majority go away and behave and enjoy themselves