Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Vince Alm: For the attention of the media; You are obvio

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Fuk me can’t believe some of us are having grief for not knowing some Vince guy, the only Vinces I no are Vincent Tan and Vince McMahon :lol:
Who else do we have to know then to ensure we are proper Cardiff fans? If I mentioned anyone on this forum to my other cardiff mates who don’t come on here they wouldn’t have a clue who any of you were, suppose that makes them not proper city fans too :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Yeah it is a bloody strange definition of the true nature of supporting Cardiff City.
Not everyone goes to away games on busses run by the supporters club. These days away games are often closer for me than home games and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in that. In 1972 and 1973 I went to every home and away game for two seasons and yet I never once did so on a supporters coach.
Again I don't want to give the impression that I'm demeaning this guy in any way - I'm not at all, but I can't quite grasp the mindset which thinks everyone should know local people you happen to know .

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I am surprised that there are fans on this forum who have no idea who Vince Alm is. I don't know the bloke, but being a genuine City supporter, I am well aware of who he is and the work he carries out behind the scenes on behalf of the fans. It's not as if he is new to the club or anything, he has been doing this for years.

If they were real fans they’d know.

Just shows some of the weirdos this forum attracts.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 am

people that do not go regular suggesting people that do go regular are not REAL fans because they don't know someone... :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:45 pm

dogfound wrote:people that do not go regular suggesting people that do go regular are not REAL fans because they don't know someone... :laughing5: :laughing5:

It's pretty impossible that every supporter will know every other supporter but there are some where you have to be a little surprised when supporters claim not to know who they are (by name at least)

I would include Vince Alm (he's also the drum player on match days) in that group of 'high profile' supporters, just as I would the likes of Annis, Carl, Corky and certain others :thumbright:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:people that do not go regular suggesting people that do go regular are not REAL fans because they don't know someone... :laughing5: :laughing5:

It's pretty impossible that every supporter will know every other supporter but there are some where you have to be a little surprised when supporters claim not to know who they are (by name at least)

I would include Vince Alm (he's also the drum player on match days) in that group of 'high profile' supporters, just as I would the likes of Annis, Carl, Corky and certain others :thumbright:

i know who they are but i think youd be surprised how many do not.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I am surprised that there are fans on this forum who have no idea who Vince Alm is. I don't know the bloke, but being a genuine City supporter, I am well aware of who he is and the work he carries out behind the scenes on behalf of the fans. It's not as if he is new to the club or anything, he has been doing this for years.

If they were real fans they’d know.

Just shows some of the weirdos this forum attracts.

Never met him, never travel on the official supporter's club buses. Have read plenty about him over many years, and have seen him discussing City on TV quite a few times. Names like Vince Alm, Dai Hunt and a few others inculding the owner of this site are well known to a very large percentage of long time City fans. Would'nt know him to talk to or anything like that, but have seen him plenty of times at Ninian Park and the CCS over many years.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

i know who they are but i think youd be surprised how many do not.

Spot on, there's about 75 people at the absolute most who post regularly on here. Obviously a lot more who just read it, and don't actually contribute, our average crowd this season will be approx 30,000. Although I like the Forum, it doesn't represent our overall support in anyway whatsoever. Out of the people you mentioned Annis is the only one I'd recognise.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Sven wrote:

Sven, with the greatest of respect to you and to Carl, most people outside of this Forum would not have a clue who Carl is or ever hered of him. Same but maybe to a lesser degree with the others.

I know Vince from travelling on the Supporters Coaches as a kid when Tony Jeffries ran it, there only used to be one bus most weeks so it would be hard not to get to know the characters.

When the crowds were lower I suppose sone characters became more well known like Annis but to the average man on the street who just goes to the game they won't know them from Adam, as am example if I asked my brother or best mate who these people were they wouldn't have a clue.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:03 pm

Sven wrote:

they are high profile in that many more people would know them than many other fans, but not to the degree where everyone or almost everyone knows them..ive had conversations where for one reason or other someone has mentioned one of the above only for others in the group to ask who that is.?
I do think posting or viewing message boards regular tilts ones thinking, and that because these people get discussed here often ,message board users then tend to think things on here are common knowledge throughout the fanbase..including who people are.