Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Departures this January '

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:09 am

' Cardiff City Departures this January '

Neil Warnock needs to offload some of his players who are on high wages but don't really feature in his current team or even squad.

But its easier said than done as Warnock found out in the last transfer market.

Anthony Pilkington and Lee Tomlin will be seeking new clubs after being prevented from playing football since August.

But the big stumbling block is there high wages and were automatically increased when City got promotion.

Its believed Anthony Pilkington is now on min £25,000 plus a week ( anything up to £35,000 incl bonuses) and Lee Tomlin approx £30,000 plus a week.

It would not be surprising to see Kenneth Zohore, Gary Madine or both were to also depart, to free up some space on the wage bill and in the squad.

More problems there though, Gary Madine's wages were increased considerably when Cardiff gained promotion and it is believed it could be as high as £35,000 a week.
City paid £2mill upfront and an extra £4mill when they got promotion.

Kenneth Zohore is believed to be on approx £20,000 a week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Departures this January '

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:31 am

Madine on £35k PW, whoever vetoed that decision must be brain dead from the neck down, absolute shocking bit of negotiations, Madine laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

Tomlin enough said, hopefully he finds a new club.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:40 am

Considering how tan persecuted Malky for wasting his money. Goes to show his double standards

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 am

Name me a manager who hasn’t signed a player who hasn’t worked out !! Even Ferguson signed some duds when he was United manager , it happens !
The important thing is to get them to move especially Pilks and Tomlin who must be really frustrated at not playing and it really highlights the importance to get iyour 25 man squad correct and ensure you move those outside onto other clubs.I appreciate it is there to stop cash rich teams just filling their squads but In our case, it is a real millstone around our necks and costing us money we cannot afford to waste on players who can’t play..

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:30 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:Considering how tan persecuted Malky for wasting his money. Goes to show his double standards

yep like you and I and most people he has a different standard for trying hard but makes a few mistakes to being taken for a ride ..

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:Considering how tan persecuted Malky for wasting his money. Goes to show his double standards

More after the fact horseshit.Nobody said anything when we were trying to sign Tomlin.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 am

Where exactly have these figures come from??

The only people who would know the exact amount would be the player, his agent and a high ranking official with Cardiff City

I would suggest that these figures would not have come from any of these sources..so at best are just random guesses and made up amounts

If you look st the latest wage figures in the most recent accounts(and even taking into account wage increases for getting promoted) etc I would suggest these figures are hugely overestimated

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:35 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Where exactly have these figures come from??

The only people who would know the exact amount would be the player, his agent and a high ranking official with Cardiff City

I would suggest that these figures would not have come from any of these sources..so at best are just random guesses and made up amounts

If you look st the latest wage figures in the most recent accounts(and even taking into account wage increases for getting promoted) etc I would suggest these figures are hugely overestimated

The wages are there or there about, thats why I say approx :thumbright: :thumb right:

You can make what you want in what I have put out as there bonuses on top, NI etc on top etc.

Its a fans forum, I'm just a fan, I do get some good info sometimes :bluebird:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:

The wages are there or there about, thats why I say approx :thumbright: :thumb right:

You can make what you want in what I have put out as there bonuses on top, NI etc on top etc.

Fair comment, and I personally have no idea what our wage structure is..but historically I am aware that we do pay big wages

All I am saying is going by our most recent wage bill in our accounts I believe these figures are way too high, perhaps someone with a greater knowledge of accounting can give their views

I could be wrong but I don’t think so

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:15 am

Wolfpac wrote:Madine on £35k PW, whoever vetoed that decision must be brain dead from the neck down, absolute shocking bit of negotiations, Madine laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

No one vetoed it. Do you mean approved it?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

Not really.

These are wages after promotion bonuses. We can easily afford the wages now.

Malky wasted transfer money on Cornelius as well as 40,000 a week. Dwarves what these guys are on and that is when wages weren’t as high as now.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:19 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

More after the fact horseshit.Nobody said anything when we were trying to sign Tomlin.

Nope we were happy to sign him.

Plus Pilks was signed when we were still in the crazy signing times.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fair comment, and I personally have no idea what our wage structure is..but historically I am aware that we do pay big wages

All I am saying is going by our most recent wage bill in our accounts I believe these figures are way too high, perhaps someone with a greater knowledge of accounting can give their views

I could be wrong but I don’t think so

As a club, we have mostly for the last 18 years paid bigger wages and less on transfers, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:30 am

Regarding Lee Tomlin, I dont rem many fans moaning in fact most were well chuffed.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:Regarding Lee Tomlin, I dont rem many fans moaning in fact most were well chuffed.

100% right Annis.

When the big offers were coming in for Zohore probably two people wanted to sell him.

Now he’s shit there’s about thirty who said we should have sold him.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Regarding Lee Tomlin, I dont rem many fans moaning in fact most were well chuffed.

I thought Tomlin would be a great signing and still think he can do a job even
in the Premier League

Obviously his head is not in the right place, a complete waste of talent

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 pm

But a lot of people did question the signing of Madine noting he was basically a championship journeyman going though a rare good spell and never worth £6 million. As for Tomlin and Pilkington should not their huge uplift in salary have been dependent on them playing a certain number of games for us. Let's face it we are never going to get rid of all three because they being vastly overpaid.

Have to say I am of the school of thought that Tomlin could have done a good job for us if only as a super sub and I think Warnck has been too stubborn of his fitness issue.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Your right on that Annis but I think they were chuffed because they thought they might see him play :lol:

At the end of the day I don't think anyone can knock any of the championship signings as in the end we went up, they more than pay for themselves in that respect.

I do think its a little odd how little Tomlin was used but we got the end result of promotion. Yes it was a poor signing as Warnock clearly had little faith in him but no one gets it right everytime.

Although there does seem to be a common trend of us signing players for good transfer fees and then them not being played which is a concern. Ive said before I think our transfer deals over the summer where not much short of a shambles.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm

maccydee wrote:

100% right Annis.

When the big offers were coming in for Zohore probably two people wanted to sell him.

Now he’s shit there’s about thirty who said we should have sold him.

Agreed Neil :lol: :thumbright:

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:19 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

in the Premier League

That is the problem I don't think his head is still in the right place and no one could of foreseen that.

He def could be a top Championship player, Forest were also originally impressed.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Your right on that Annis but I think they were chuffed because they thought they might see him play :lol:

At the end of the day I don't think anyone can knock any of the championship signings as in the end we went up, they more than pay for themselves in that respect.

I do think its a little odd how little Tomlin was used but we got the end result of promotion. Yes it was a poor signing as Warnock clearly had little faith in him but no one gets it right everytime.

Although there does seem to be a common trend of us signing players for good transfer fees and then them not being played which is a concern. Ive said before I think our transfer deals over the summer where not much short of a shambles.

Luke, I'm a massive Warnock fan, but I think Warnock should of kept him longer or tried to sort him out more, BUT we don't know if Tomlin might of fallen out big time with Warnock? ? ?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Luke, I'm a massive Warnock fan, but I think Warnock should of kept him longer or tried to sort him out more, BUT we don't know if Tomlin might of fallen out big time with Warnock? ? ?

I think if we hadn't gone up more questions would have been asked of that transfer.

I understand we changed the way we played so his time was going to be limited but wouldn't understand why he wasn't used more as an impact player even when on the bench he seemed to rarely come on. They may have fallen out and like I said in the end we got promotion so in my opinion Warnock was proven right

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Figures are estimates, every team in the Premier League will have players not playing earning high wages, so yes they need to go out, but Warnock is still doing a fantastic job and he has made less costly mistakes than the vast majority of Managers in the Premier League. The squads are all 25 plus and all teams can only play 11 players per game.

Well done Warnock keep it going, ship a few out to bring some more quality in !!!

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

I know for a fact pilkington earns £33,500 a week

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Tomlin is not on those figures warnock confirmed this ages ago

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:20 pm

I still think he could do a job for us if fit

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

in the Premier League

it was a gamble by Warnock...if he could get him back to anywhere near his form at Boro we would have had a 6-10 mill player for 1.5 mill { reported as more but NW insists reports are wrong }..

im afraid he is miles off now and sooner the better we find another sucker to take him..

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 am

Wolfpac wrote:Madine on £35k PW, whoever vetoed that decision must be brain dead from the neck down, absolute shocking bit of negotiations, Madine laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

???

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:

???

dont forget VETOED

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:22 pm

From the current 25 man squad I would suspect Connoly,Damour and Madine to move on.
Right back, midfielder and striker to arrive.
Pilkington also to be released as he only has 6 months to go on his contract, I really don't see anyone wanting Tomlin with his current wages.
We may also see Ken go , definitely something amiss with him this season.
Perhaps a swap deal with Brentford ?